Minigame Midnight Assassins

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
it sounds familiar to FuFu ninja allstars made by a pinoy...anyways, im not so active on thehelper already because i always spend my time brainstorming on a new project, thats why i cant help u guys (guys = people who helped me on my projects), im very sorry, if i just have the time, ill help u guys

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
After getting complains from multiple forums, I decided to change the Evasion into something else (but that 'something else' isn't known yet....)
The Evasion will stay there until I can find something good to replace it.
(must involve surviving)

That one second Evasion you are proposing is too... bad.
Casting it from afar before charging... the effect may be gone before you can close to the enemy.
Casting it from close distance... your opponent can just kill you then.
Time the distance so you can kill the enemy... you can do that with Wind Walk.

Long ranged weapons that can kill mustn't be here.

To be honest, I don't understand why the low-%-Evasion can cause so much imbalance.
Sure, it might screw your tactics, but it will also screw your enemies'.
And without a passive surviving skill, you are a dead meat when facing many opponents at once.
The chance is even too low for it to procure very often, I don't even find it reliable, it is way too rare and most of the time it is useless (from experience)

Terrain advantages like hills are already there, there ARE cliffs you know.
Why should a specific terrain give more advantages?
It will encourage people to camp and turtle themselves in.
10 seconds only? Then it isn't even useful.

Why spend time to take control of a point?
You're supposed to find your enemies in your limited time, and this is not a area-controlling type of game.

This game is about searching your opponents and kill them, not finding a comfortable place to hide and preventing yourself from dying and waiting for an enemy to pass and ambush him.
(some people might even do that, and while other people are gaining levels and points, he fails and most of the time misses on his attacks due to improper strategy and then scream imba)

Is there a passive evasion skill?
Is it going to be FFA?
damage increase,mana increase and maby some invisable traps or some sentry wards.

Why do I get this feeling that (some of) you guys haven't even tried the map yet?
(with humans of course)

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Item Ideas
____
Flash Powder: Throws a bag/rock/other powder at a point. Upon impact it releases a flash of white light and blinds all ninjas within # radius (or units facing the point).

Blinding - White fadefilter? 100% miss?

Being in certain locations(make it random every minute or so) will slowly generate you gold. Using mana instead of gold will save time making triggers, as well as giving it a limit to how much "money" you can make.

Purchasing items, or abilities would be better, requires mana.

PS I havn't actually tried the map; I just like generating ideas =D

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
The chance is even too low for it to procure very often, I don't even find it reliable, it is way too rare and most of the time it is useless (from experience)
useles most of the time? sounds bad
And without a passive surviving skill, you are a dead meat when facing many opponents at once.
if the chance is so low it won't help you there too
It will encourage people to camp and turtle themselves in.
cliffs do that enough
just wait at a ramp and the enemy can't react till you kill him.
Ninja vs Samurai has perfect for solution that. But with this it'd get a real ripoff. (short durotation vision like an air unit)

darkRae

Reaction score
Ninja_sheep said:
if the chance is so low it won't help you there too

Better than nothing, at least.
And casting in front of many enemies just increases the risk.
EDIT: Plus, more enemies = more attempts of attacking = more chance of procuring
While on 1v1, you (get) attack(ed) less, so it is less reliable.

Though, it is easier if we just don't worry about Evasion that much.
Everyone has it, so it doesn't imbalance.
If you want to know imbalance something is, check the score for that Hero at the end of the game.
Unless it is ridiculously higher than others, it is just fine.
(of course you need to have players with similar Warcraft abilities)

From my experience, they're fine.

Ninja_sheep said:
cliffs do that enough
just wait at a ramp and the enemy can't react till you kill him.

That's what happens if you walk straight away.
You should either:
-- Wind Walk when going up a ramp
-- Place a Ward somewhere so that you can see the area above
-- (if you're a Hunter) Use Blink to get up there

If you can't do the three things above, you shouldn't carelessly go up a ramp anyway....

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Better than nothing, at least.
And casting in front of many enemies just increases the risk.
EDIT: Plus, more enemies = more attempts of attacking = more chance of procuring
While on 1v1, you (get) attack(ed) less, so it is less reliable.
oh well, whatever
Anyway it's a discussion about you like games that need luck to win or if you don't like them. For me it's just absurd if you fight and wether you win or lose depends on a random number.

That's what happens if you walk straight away.
You should either:
-- Wind Walk when going up a ramp
-- Place a Ward somewhere so that you can see the area above
-- (if you're a Hunter) Use Blink to get up there

If you can't do the three things above, you shouldn't carelessly go up a ramp anyway....
then you're still screwed if an enemy just comes around a corner or if he waits up there. Cause whatever you do you get one skill on cooldown.

darkRae

Reaction score
then you're still screwed if an enemy just comes around a corner or if he waits up there. Cause whatever you do you get one skill on cooldown.

Well, of course everything is up to the players.
There are many strategies to be played here.
Imagine you are the enemy: would you prefer waiting there for an enemy, or wander around the map looking for enemies?

For me it's just absurd if you fight and wether you win or lose depends on a random number.

It is called 'Chance', and that's what (sometimes) making a game fun.
If everything is always fixed, it is somewhat boring (at least IMO)

Like comparing a 15% chance to do 3.0x Critical Strike to 30% damage bonus.
Which one is more fun?

Well, thanks for the discussion.
I actually enjoy discussions like this :D thanks Ninja_sheep

brodygs9630

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I think it as a great game and im gonna keep hosting it on b.net:D

i asked ppl that palyed what they thought,and most of them said more heros.

i suggest having an -ar/-repick system,and mabye a choice for a team match.
Good luck with your map:thup:

muchalive

Reaction score
Items!!

hmmm you may be right about evasions and terrain effects but the game would be lame without items that can manipulate your opponents. But im not really shure which items would be good to place in. This is a very difficult game to make as so many have failed befor. :banghead: im out of ideas for the first time :mad:

Final attempt: you said earlyer that you needed a servival type ability to follow up with the servival talent tree. how about making a skill that decreases the chance of enemies to spot you wile in windwalk or increase the speed in windwalk. This sounds lame but its wurth a try....

darkRae

Reaction score
^Track (Hunter's spell) cannot spot an invisible (Wind Walking) enemies.
Hmm... good idea, maybe I should do the same with Locate.

Hey guys, I've got an idea.
How about Hardened Skin instead of Evasion?
So they have a chance to lower the damage (to 3) instead of nullifying it at all?
This is to make that no one cannot Evade two attacks without dying....

muchalive

Reaction score
thats a good idea. It is more realiable than evasion and it does not completely obsorb all the damage. Most importantly it doesn't give the person who evaded an attack the advantage of one hitting you after you missed. :thup:

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
yeah good idea...

bwuhahahaha so that when i play that map again with my friends I'm gonna say(because lan), *you think you can but you cannot you are 40,000 years too young to kill me!*

well if there is life regeneration i would be happier.. like .(point)something really really low.

darkRae

Reaction score
Actually I didn't add anything but the banner to the first page.
The map remains the same (still v1.00)

The map has been here since the first post (26th June 2008)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I meant Yay for me. :D I had WCIII avaiable soon yesterday, lol.

Anyways, I only played it with single player and tried all the classes. Of course, that's not as productive as mutliplayer so... I don't have much to say. The skills and things are pretty cool, but there are some tweaking issues, I think.

The Ninja-Hunter has increased attack-speed, and since everyone dies in one hit, in a battle that normally people would have (both peope just suddenly see each other with no past knowledge), the Ninja-Hunter would attack first, and most likely kill the enemy. Yes, there is a chance for the target to evade the attack, but don't you also have that chance? I suppose you can argue about this since there are skills to counter it such as wards to see them before, and traps, but most of the time, it's basically just attacking.

Those traps kill enemies in 1 hit? And they last for 180 seconds, and since the map is small, it would be easy for someone to talk on a path placed on like a narrow path. Maybe the trap doesn't kill them, but it gives sight to the caster and just stuns them for like 3-6 seconds.

Ninja-Mages don't really have a good attack until higher levels, so they can be taken advantage on. Even though they have a range attack, enemies can just windwalk next to them. Even worse, a range attack is slower and requires more time for the damage to occur. You'd have to time it perfectly with range attacks to kill enemies, but I guess this isn't that much of an imbalance - just a note to you.

Pretty cool game overall, hoping to be able to play it multiplayer!

darkRae

Reaction score
The Ninja-Hunter has increased attack-speed
True, but do you notice that the Ninja-Warden slows anyone who attacks her by 40%?
Means you attack at 3/5 of normal speed.
You can counter this by Wind Walking next to the Hunter and kill him.

Those traps kill enemies in 1 hit?
Unfortunately, those traps make sound and are easily notice-able since the animation is moving.
Unless they are in Fog, you can easily dodge them, I believe.
And if the Warden decides to spam Traps on a path, it's his choice.
By putting a lot of Traps in one place, he lost the choice to place Traps in many places (which is better imo) and putting a lot of them in one place makes them even easier to notice.

Even worse, a range attack is slower and requires more time for the damage to occur.
Actually, the Damage Point for the Mage and Warden are the same (Hunter's is faster)

Thanks a lot for your comment :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well, everything dies in one hit, so the next slowed attack won't matter. If they dodge, you also have the chance to dodge their attack, so it's like you have a ((evasion)+(attackspeed))% chance to dodge. But it is a ninja game, so I guess the others will just have to be faster. :D

Oh, sounds, eh? You should tell with like a text display that. :p I don't always have my volume up. ^_^ And what is the maximum for traps? Is it from a set maximum or from Duration/Cooldown maximum?

Really? It's the same? Is it triggered? Because doesn't the damage need to wait for the projectile to hit? Or not... lol

Can you host?

darkRae

Reaction score
The maximum number of Traps is determined from Duration/Cooldown.

Yes, it's the same.
No, it isn' triggered. The Weapon Type for the Mage is Normal, which means his attack is still considered Melee even though he has 128 attack range (others have 100 range)
It means that he has more range, but has the same overall time to hit.
And since it's still melee, attacking on hills is not a disadvantage for him.

Actually, the slow does matter.
The slow occurs when you are attacked, means you are slowed the moment you raise your weapon, resulting in slower damage point.
Yes, it is a bit unfair for the Mage, but he has more range.

What's the point of traps if you are noticed that they are around you? :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.