Midnight

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
well, i just felt like writing something, its not that great, please constructive criticism, probably some bad english is some places to but ye, you get the point anyway, here is chapter one, dont want to reveal the prologue or chapter two yet wanna make sure this is written well first. :(

"Hey watch where your going jerk" I turned around as I saw a younger kid get slammed into a locker and watched as the bullies walked on like it was an accident. Without thinking it through properly my mind registered a redemption plan. as they walked past I stuck out my foot and tripped the one who had pushed the younger kid "Oof" I heard the air come out of his useless waste of a body as he slammed into the matted wooden floor and then without another moment, not even enough for breath I burst into a run trying to make as much distance in the seconds of surprise I still had left. "hey get back here you dirty scum, ill hurt you less if you come to me straight away" I heard other lies shouting after me, but I ignored them as I carefully but slyly dodged the crowds of people in the hallway who had stopped to see what was going on. I stopped and leaned on my knees for a quick breath as I also naturally quickly took a scan of my surrondings. after a second of rest I proceded to take a left dodging some kids sorting out their unorganised lockers. I slid down a wet patch on the carpet matted floor and looked behind. The kids were still trying to sort out their lockers before the general inspection, they hadn't looked down the hall, which was a good sign there was noone rushing after me, also I couldn't hear anything either. After a minute of relaxation I headed backed to my locker but made sure to take a wide route around my escape path.

I heard the bell ring and quickened my pace, I heard someone say "good one" to me from somewhere to my right but ignored it and countiued on my path to my locker. I threw out my bags and quickened my pace into a run and got to class just in the brink of time.

from then to the rest of day at school were just classes, boring old maths then english with an old bat for a teacher called miss.chlor who shouted at else for any reason I mean excuse we gave her, like tapping our foot for example. We had a nice teacher at the end of the day for literacy though, his name was mr.hutchens or he let us call him hutch for short when in class, the class curriculum was extremly boring but hutch somehow made it funnier, constantly chatting to us about stories, sitting on his desk and talking like we were his best friends. also giving us heart-warming breaks off work occasionally just to talk to each other.

After school I hit a came of basketball up with the crew, me Kar and Dani boy at the local basketball court next to our school night'intermediate. The basket-ball courts were regular size and clean, no litter or rubbish. There were however no wall surronding the court. The oppsition started with the ball.
We whisked past the opposing team of some 7th graders and won with an impressing 44-32 even though we were only 6th graders and they were easily more built then us, I guess technic pays off after all eh?

We walked home together as always, we only lived a few streets apart anyway and they could short cut down alleyway's from my house to theirs. Anyway I should tell you who I am, im a 6th grader and im 13 years old my name is Andy, but everyone calls me Anda for some reason.. they just called me that the first day I came to Night'intermediate and it stuck. I guess your wondering who "they" is, well thatd be Daniel(dani boy) and Kar (kool name huh?) my best friends for as long as I've been here.

"uh oh look whos happened to stumble across the pathway infront of us" Daniel notioned to Ghan, the bully who I had tripped my up earlier "Split & dip or Rush?" I asked, Ghan was someone who you wouldnt want to see on a scale but luckly he was more fat then muscle but he also had at least 5-6 croonies around as well so that was an issue to think about too. But the answer was obvious so I held up my hands with 3 fingers showing, lowered one and then we hit it full speed ahead right at him and his croonies.

I hit him straight in the chest with the element of surprise yet again on my side. it sent him sprawling back dazed slightly, I took that chance and spun around and hit his leg from under him as I watched him crumble making sure I had a few seconds to do so, I turned around and anaylzed the situation quickly but accuratly. Then sent a spirling elbow towards one of the two croonies that were all over dani boy as he sent a foot inbetween the others legs I took another chance to look around and saw Kar taking 3 on his own.. taking them with ease i saw one fly over his back and then another fall to the ground and the last took a flying leap at him but he just dodged and the croonie landed flat face first on the ground, I started to turn and felt a fist hit me right in the face and hit the deck and everything went black.

Next thing I knew I was at my house lying on my couch Kar and dani boy not in sight. I sat there for awhile only hearing the water rushing and splashing onto plates as they were obviously being cleaned in the kitchen. after another little peroid of time I stood up and uncurled my hair which had been crushed while I was lying there and walked over to the open kitchen door and saw my mum there by the sink next to the stove, she turned her head and stated plainly "oh your awake". I asked what happened and she replied "Daniel and Kar came over and came in with you with one arm around each of their necks and placed you on the couch, they said you would explain if you wondering" she countiued dryly looking at me then looked back to the dishes, she didn't even need to say it, she just waited.. after about 30 seconds of wordlessness I explained the events of the day right from when i got to school.

My mum knew me well and wasnt that kind of person, so she didnt bother yelling or shouting she just gave me some extra chores and a few weeks off my pocket money. I headed upstairs to do my homework and clean my room among other chores so I could go to the movies with Kar and Dani as we had planned later - my mum forbidded me doing anything without me completing chores and if I went anywhere without doing them she'd just lock me outta the house and wouldn't let me in when I came back. at 6 Dani arrived at my house and we headed over to Kar's place.. I had the funniest sense of dejavu but snapped out of it when i saw Kar who was already on his way over to ours then we headed off to the movie theater in town.

I asked what had happened after I blacked out, they explained to me how ghan had sprinted off while they were judging up how badly hurt I was, Ghan's Mates were still there on the ground but they didn't give them trouble so they just hefted me on their shoulders and walked me back to my house which wasn't that far from the fight scene.

The Movie theatre in town was 3 kilometres from my house so it wasnt much of a walk, we passed a few troublesome people but managed to get there unharmed which isnt unusual we always come at this kind of night and dont get any trouble though I thought we probably normally should judging by our cloths and size I think we would have been a target.
We arrived at the theatres after a short discussion on how boring school was and why we even bothered going. "3 tickets to James bond please", "hey they got a new game in the arcade" Dani pointed out, which pretty much meant we were going there after we got our tickets to 'check it out', Dani was a big fan of the arcade games, specially time crisis and games like such. After exhanging our money and getting change with our tickets we walked over to the arcade oppsite the ticket counter and looked at the game. It was a new racing game with up to 4 people able to battle each other in one go. We had a try, I picked a mitsubishu Lancer, Dani picked a modest-looking Honda Supre and Kar went with a Subaru Impreza, we picked a medium rated course with lots of 180 degree turns and went for a night-rainy racing scenerio. 3, 2, 1 and we were off I got in the lead to start with a nice gear change on my behalf, Dani came up behind me at the first corner and hit my wheel almost spinning me out which I responded by hitting him back forcing him to crash into the side while Kar smoothly passed us. We forgot about our battle and speed off to catch up to Kar, he was still in the lead half way through the 2nd of 2 laps but we caught him on a series of turns and both smashed into either side of him spinning him up but he quickly got control and came back after us. Meanwhile Dani hit me into a bad position and I had to take the corner slow which gave him a big boost. Kar passed me before the next corner as I slowly started to re-accelerate and looked like he would catch up to Dani. I saw a spinning Supre coming heading in my direction on my screen and took a wild turn to avoid it. speed around another corner then finished the race in 2nd Dani soon coming up for 3rd place. "Hey no fair guys! you started before I was ready" Dani is a bit of a sore loser but not that bad, thats a pretty bad excuse though seeing as we dont start the race it automatically does. We headed into the movies for a solid watch and got what we came for. We walked home afterwards chatting about arcade games and Sports. When i got home it was 9 o'clock so I watched some old simpsons episodes that we have on TV for a hour or so and then headed for bed.

hope you enjoyed :eek:

edit: cleaned up some english mistakes, like u, i, etc...

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Alright. First off: your grammar is atrocious. Not the worst I've seen, but certainly bad enough for me to consider whether or not it was. Many of the mistakes are very, very simple things, like punctuation errors that I'm disappointed you've yet to master, but that's enough of that.

Second: after reading the entire chapter, I feel like I should tell you that almost everything in a story should have a point to it; there should be no random-filler bullshit just to take up space, there should only be things that matter. That's why I was somewhat confused as to how you ended the first chapter... they just sort of go to the movies, find a new arcade game, play that and watch the movie, and then they all go home and to sleep. The entire last paragraph seemed pointless to me, but this is only chapter 1, so there's always the possibility that you'll be able to use some of that in your story's future. Either way, just try to keep that in mind.

Third: all that being said, I sort of enjoyed your story. Besides the awful grammar, the writing was definitely not bad, and everything was pretty good up until that last chapter, which I just thought was lame. I'd really like to see where you're going with this story, to see what it's all gonna be about, so let's see some more shit.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol Fatmankev, you don't have to be so mean in saying that the person sucks at grammar :p.

Ok, ignore that Squll2, because I didn't mean it and you don't suck at grammar. You just need to slowly learn and improve. Besides that, the plot was... so-so. It leaves an open next-part so that's good for the author. Guess we'll have to wait more to see the full extent of your story's plot.

Some Grammar Things To Know:
1.) Capitalize - the start of a sentence, a name, a <forgot word> noun

2.) I forgot what the literary term for these are but for these following words, you put commas before them sometimes when you are connecting an extra sentence CONJUCTIONS is the word!:
F. or (only when there are more than 2 parts)
A. nd (only when there are more than 2 parts)
N. or (only when there are more than 2 parts)
B. ut (only when there are more than 2 parts)
O. r
Y. et
S. o

3.) Check your spelling such as: noone should be no one - forbidded should be forbade (I think)

4.) Speech and Punctuation - you need punctation at some parts and for quotes.
Example: I looked up to my mum and said[,] "I'm sorry mum[,] but I have to leave[.]" And with that, I ran out of the house.

5.) Check your overall grammar plox.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
]

Some Grammar Things To Know:
1.) Capitalize - the start of a sentence, a name, a <forgot word> noun

2.) I forgot what the literary term for these are but for these following words, you put commas before them sometimes when you are connecting an extra sentence:
F. or (only when there is more than 2 parts)
A. nd (only when there is more than 2 parts)
N. or (only when there is more than 2 parts)
B. ut (only when there is more than 2 parts)
O. r (mistake?)
Y. et

<proper>

Conjunctions

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
  • F. or (only when there is more than 2 parts)
    A. nd (only when there is more than 2 parts)
    N. or (only when there is more than 2 parts)
    B. ut (only when there is more than 2 parts)
    Please do not use incorrect grammar; especially when correcting someone else's.
  • Generally, when you are using a dialog (when someone speaks), you start a new paragraph for that speech. An example:
    As he was walking down the road, he noticed something, and picked it up.
    "I wonder what this is," said the boy.

A few corrections that I made to your story are below. Please learn from them.

"Hey, watch where you're going, jerk!"
I turned around as I saw a younger kid get slammed into a locker, and watched as the bullies walked on, like it was an accident. Without thinking it through properly, my mind registered a redemption(?) plan. As they walked past, I stuck out my foot and tripped the one who had pushed the younger kid.
"Oof!"

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Knight, that is one sentence and the one speaker. Oh, you weren't talking to me. I am so dumb.

(is thing) Whoops, I'll change that. Knight, you can just tell me that, instead of wasting so much computer paper! :D (jk)

Why must some be so proper :rolleyes:. People that have good grammar just unleash ultimate wrath on others that aren't that educated in grammar and are still learning. No need to be so harsh.

@Seb! Ah, that's the word I was looking for, thanks.

I think he means "plan of vengeance" or something... that sounded wrong... oh well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.