Minecraft

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I stumbled across this while surfing the web, and thought I ought to share it with you guys.

This is an under development game. It is currently in alpha, but you can play it and it's pretty fun. Basically you start off with a randomly generated map and just build whatever you want, and can make some neat things in it. It even has a multiplayer mode. The graphics aren't great, but I bet the creator will add better textures in future releases.

Here's the link: http://www.minecraft.net/

and here are some pictures of a tower I made.

Picture3-1.png

Picture4-1.png

Picture5-1.png

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
have to say its pretty fun and time consuming :)..

was half way through my house and crashed... didnt register yet :(

Genkora

Reaction score
if you dig down deep you can sometimes find lava or underground lakes. I built a dungeon with a lake of lava running through it. You have to be careful digging upward though, you might burst into a lake and flood your dungeon, so place sponge blocks along the way while you dig. They erase and stop water from flowing around them in a 5x5x5 volume, so that way if you do break into a lake accidentally, you don't flood your dungeon.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
is there ways to get more type of blocks, i would like some more type of texture :)

Genkora

Reaction score
I think if you host your own server you can import your own textures, but I don't know the specifics nor have I tried. He provides you with the software needed to host and everything. You probably already know, but just in case you don't, hit B to bring up a menu with more blocks.

Genkora

Reaction score
pixel accelerator? I don't even know what that is. Maybe you need to update your java?

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
HOLY SHIT! I always wanted something like this! When I was young I was dreaming about building subterranean galleries and houses. Now I can do it with this! Yay :D.

Genkora

Reaction score
for some reason though I am unable to connect to any multiplayer servers. Someone told me I should try uninstalling Java and then reinstalling it. I can play single player fine though, so I don't think it's my java.

Genkora

Reaction score
On the minecraft window it just says I couldn't connect, and that the server is probably down. But it says that for all of them, even the ones that have people on them, so I know that isn't the problem.

On the Java console, it doesn't give me any errors, it just tells me what it's doing. The only thing on it about networks is this, and it doesn't seem to help my situation at all.

Attachments

• Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 409

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Just saying (since I used the forum's wonderful search function) that EVERYONE should play this. So fun! I recently got hooked and now I'm addicted to it.

The creator has updated this game so much. Now there is a mode called survival where you can craft tools and other things to help you survive against "mobs" of zombies, skeletons, and suicidal monsters called creepers. Its really cool and everyone who's played it before should definately check this out again if you stopped playing.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I had been playing the free version for a week or two, insanely addictive.

Survival turned out to be even more fun (which you can purchase for just 10 euros, which is apparently a 50% off deal for as long as until he finishes the game properly!)

Some creations I've made in multiplayer:

devans.jpg

redshell1.jpg

(Mike Tyson above in the background was created by another player named 8BitGaming)
redshell2.jpg

redshell3.jpg

mc_rainbowllama1.jpg

mc_rainbowllama2.jpg

vertigo_llama.jpg

---

The map generation system created for Survival is just incredible as well, check out this video fly-through made by the creator, the worlds created really are endless!

[youtube]NszGurDUlHc[/youtube]

South-Titan

Reaction score
I made a giant hotel in Minecraft Classic's server "NEW FLAT". It's in /guest on the server. Game's very good.

South-Titan

Reaction score
I still have alpha from F2P weekend, ad it works just fine for single-player.
---
Also, for classic, NEW FLAT is a great server. I'm an advbuilder (and cookie monster) there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.