Minecraft

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I don't have the alpha version, so I just play single player and on random servers. Anyone know if the saved map files transfer into the alpha version they're working on?

On a side note, I'm working on a gigantic castle. I'm hoping to eventually finish it, but it's only about 2-3 stories right now (map is attached).

Attachments

• castle.7z
    208 KB · Views: 297

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Hmm, lol wow its been awhile since I've posted in this thread. The game is worth buying. SMP/Alpha single player is amazing. Can't wait for the halloween update.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Anyone know if the saved map files transfer into the alpha version they're working on?

You should still be able to play single player maps on Classic/whatever the free version is that you're playing after purchase. As for Alpha, it's in Survival Mode which means that it will need to generate new maps specially since it's so different to the levels generated in Classic.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I don't have the alpha version, so I just play single player and on random servers. Anyone know if the saved map files transfer into the alpha version they're working on?

If it's classic: no.

If it's a SMP server: only if you run the server. The person who runs the server can take a world file from the single player alpha and use it on their online server. Or alternatively, you can do it the other way around. But if you're a player on an SMP server and you don't have access to the server files, then no they don't transfer over to single player.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
[youtube]953XeQ3qwMM[/youtube]

A new feature in the coming Halloween update, Biomes. This shows a flythrough similar to the Minecraft Flight video, only this time to show the different kinds of biomes that will be available. (One of my favourite parts of this video is the updated sky, which now changes colour based on temperature, and goes red during sunrise/sunset)

Also, these:

tumblr_lax4dmDT2W1qzb7ox.jpg

tumblr_lax4egvAp51qzb7ox.png

Notch said:
To the right of the player is a Taiga (mostly over the ocean), to the left is either a Forest, or Woods, I can’t remember. In the distance is probably tundra.

Remaining work on biomes include letting them change the elevation (deserts, plains, tundras and swamps should all be flat), and changing the grass color depending on the biome type. The border between frozen biomes and not frozen ones will get way nicer.

The sky color changes slightly depending on how cold the area you are in is.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Biomes look cool! Few more days and I can open my portal to hell! I got my Portal chamber ready just in time. I only need four golden blocks to finish the decoration.:D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Good idea, a portal room would look good in my castle D:

I'm sort of deciding on starting a new world for this though, since you'll apparently need to explore new areas to gain full benefits of the biomes and to me it would feel out of place to have a huge normal forest area surrounded by those

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Busy been playing on this fun server that I found.
GOTTA MAKE THOSE GOLDEN AND DIAMOND BLOCKS :D

Vellu

Reaction score
Note for everyone planning to make a portal chamber!
Ghasts can rarely spawn in normal world, close to your portal. They need a 5x5x5 space to spawn in minimum. For example, you could make your room as wide as you want, but keep your room's height lower than 5 blocks.
And there's always people who make their portals wrong - the correct placing for obsidian to make a portal frame is:
:D = Obsidian block
:) = Empty block

:D:D:D:D
:D:):):D
:D:D:D:D

(Add flame to bottom row to open the portal when the update comes out.)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Well the update's out, and hell (or 'The Nether') is a lot of fun. :D

I've got a shelter made of obsidian with 2 portals near each other, one takes me to my spawn while the other takes me to a base located a long way away.

Only problem with the shelter so far (if you call it a problem) is that pig zombies spawn all over the top of it.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Don't attack the pig zombies though. They are friendly until you attack them then every zombie rushes you when they see you.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Note to self and others: don't make a fireplace ten meters from your wooden house and underground. Your house will spontaneously burst into flames. ._.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have also had that misfortune >.<

Vellu

Reaction score
That's why real men build their houses into mountains with walls of stone/cobblestone!
I learned the pigmen's aggression the hard way. They killed me and now they are camping around my portal in Nether. No way to get my stuff back. D:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I say we should have a thehelper.net server.

I'd host it if my ISP didn't deny half the connections :(

FYI: Servers for Minecraft are surprisingly memory-intensive compared to other game servers. Games like Trackmania and Counterstrike take up less RAM/processing, sadly :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.