Minecraft

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
I'd host it if my ISP didn't deny half the connections :(

FYI: Servers for Minecraft are surprisingly memory-intensive compared to other game servers. Games like Trackmania and Counterstrike take up less RAM/processing, sadly :(
It's because the server client is in alpha just like the rest of the game.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't played the game but I watched like 50 minutes of gameplay time, that a caster guy did. It was funny to watch the guy. The game itself- bleh. I am just not the sort of person that will spend 3 hours to build something that does nothing.

Still, the game boosts creativity.

I will have to go with what Romek said though.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Notch says its going beta on the 20th.

Glad I bought it the other day. :D

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score

PureOwnage

Reaction score
I've started losing interest in Minecraft. If we had a server I'd go on every day XD

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
problem is that if you buy it when its in beta you dont get free updates

Yes you do. You get all the updates and the actual release. You just don't get downloadable content extras which won't be made until after the game is finished.

Lyerae

Reaction score
We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise.
Buying the game during beta will include all updates up until release, of course, and bug patches will be free.

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441966/minecraft-beta-december-20-2010

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone who is willingly to host a MineCraft server for TheHelper.Net members, please do announce that in the forums.

I'm ready to do just about anything what a server admin can do. Getting up a MySQL database with all of the MineCraft players, and validating them seems easy enough to do, but require a little help. I just need time, fast bandwidth, and some more RAMs.

PureOwnage

Reaction score
If anyone who is willingly to host a MineCraft server for TheHelper.Net members, please do announce that in the forums.

I'm ready to do just about anything what a server admin can do. Getting up a MySQL database with all of the MineCraft players, and validating them seems easy enough to do, but require a little help. I just need time, fast bandwidth, and some more RAMs.

Don't hog all the fun. I'm an OP on a server. I can setup hMod (hey0's mod) and setup virtually any plugin for hMod. (Towny anyone? :D)

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
We'll be the new moderators then. That also means we're left with a server dedicated to The Helper.

Lyerae

Reaction score
What are the bandwidth and resource requirements for a server?

Lyerae

Reaction score
I've got 1MB download 800MB upload and 512MB RAM for a dedicated (my laptop I'm not currently using).

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
No, for RAM, you need to follow this formula:

1.5GB + n * (256 MB) = Total number of RAM.

1.5 GB is for running a server and managing lag-free environment.
n stands for how many players you are going to host for them to play. Multiply that by 256 MB and you get the system requirements for hosting a server.

This formula is formed by me, a server provider in Singapore whom is busy hosting for 50 players, and some other collaborators.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
No, for RAM, you need to follow this formula:

1.5GB + n * (256 MB) = Total number of RAM.

1.5 GB is for running a server and managing lag-free environment.
n stands for how many players you are going to host for them to play. Multiply that by 256 MB and you get the system requirements for hosting a server.

This formula is formed by me, a server provider in Singapore whom is busy hosting for 50 players, and some other collaborators.

It really depends on what you are running.

In minecraft's case, you need at least 1 GB of RAM, more if you want it to run smoothly. Additional players shouldn't really require too much more RAM, if anything, it just requires a faster processor.

I'm hosting mine (survivor, mobs) but the IP is not static currently so I will not give out the IP.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.