Minecraft

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Heres a huuuuuge town area me and my two buddies have built over the last few weeks. We play like 5 or 6 hours a night, so we get a lot of shit done.

My buddy named the town "Hellview", and the town has a huge underground "hell" structure decorated like one too, looks dark and bloody and stuff, but I don't have pictures of that right now. The hell is pretty much as big, if not bigger, than the above-ground stuff. Most of the above ground stuff is my stuff, my buddy does the underground building, I don't like it.

Picture 1: General overview of the original part of the city, which we have got passed and add on to.
Picture 2: Hellview Pier, which comes down from the top of the mountain, with a long decorated trail and shit. The house is my /home location, it's got a bunch of electrical stuff and what not in it.
Picture 3: The treehouse. It's built on like, 4 or 5 huge trees, and has a bunch of rooms, waterfalls, looking rooms, and all kind of elaborate stuff.
Picture 4: I wrote this one night I was stoned. haha
Picture 5: My buddy wrote "Fraggle Rock" above his hell entrance hole thing.
Picture 6: More shit I drew blazed.
Picture 7: Moar random stuff by me :3

Attachments

• hellview.JPG
    hellview.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 372
  • hellviewpier.JPG
    hellviewpier.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 343
  • treehouse.jpg
    treehouse.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 376
  • art1.JPG
    art1.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 333
  • art2.JPG
    art2.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 354
  • art3.JPG
    art3.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 363
  • art4.JPG
    art4.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 341

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
does notch make you restart your server with server updates? Ive heard that you dont have to restart, or notch suggests you to restart, or you have to restart

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Just waiting for hMod 132. I just saw Tom's post on the hMod fourms

OMG! That was you! D: I thought my post was totally pure ownage. :(

does notch make you restart your server with server updates? Ive heard that you dont have to restart, or notch suggests you to restart, or you have to restart

When Notch said the servers and clients (specifically the servers) will update, and they are mandatory, that's when we are forced to restart our servers. And yes, you don't have to restart the servers, if the server and client updates aren't mandatory.

In short, if the clients were able to log into a server, then log out. All of a sudden, the clients start to update, and if the updated clients aren't able to log back into the server, then that's when it's time to update the server. That's when servers restart.

If you mean the world, simply not. Unless Minecraft updates were able to break compatibility with the old worlds (Such as Alpha 1.2.6 worlds and Beta 1.0, Beta breaks the Double Chest's bottom two rows in the Alpha worlds), then that's when it's better to restart a new world. In short, it's refreshing a new world.

Hope this is clear.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Going to run my server as a freebuild. That's all people want to do these days.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
It's best for you to wait until Notch updates the game. It will be out after a little more than 12 hours. After that, I'll make a server with an external port, so you can join.

Currently, I'm having my last day of Endterms Exams.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
It's best for you to wait until Notch updates the game. It will be out after a little more than 12 hours. After that, I'll make a server with an external port, so you can join.

Currently, I'm having my last day of Endterms Exams.

So, are you making a 24/7 server for us?

Minecraft hit one million! Gratz, rich Notch!

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to do just that, but my experiences tell me that I am not capable of making it smooth. As in, you may see heavy lagging or something. I'll do my best.

PureOwnage

Reaction score
I'm trying to do just that, but my experiences tell me that I am not capable of making it smooth. As in, you may see heavy lagging or something. I'll do my best.

Thanks. I've been trying to join a small SMP vanilla server. I wish we had someone hosting a server so we could be like a small community :)

@Update: The update is so awesome.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm right now hosting a server.

EDIT: Getting technical difficulties.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, server's fully functional.

IP : 61.227.115.200

1.2_01 Latest Beta Minecraft Survival server.

Mobs spawning = true
PvP = true
Animal spawning = true
Online Mode = false
Max Players = 8 (due to hardware issues, but it's not a big deal.)
Online Time = At least 18 hours. Need a couple of hours of maintenences per day.

Note: Some players reported occasional lagging (again, that's hardware issues), some players reported no lags...It's basically unstable at times.

PureOwnage

Reaction score

Well I'm going to hold off and play this when it's less laggy.
It's kind of hard to survive when zombies lag plow you.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
O_O!!

I was asleep the whole time... Thanks for letting me know. As of this moment, I have 6 players inside.

Also, the server will be offline on 1/20/2011, that's the time I jump on a train and go home.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Nicely working server you got there. I just wish if you could do something to get us a better connection.:thup:

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score

Fixed the forest fire, by individually axing them down, all by myself. Also, it woul be wiser to use arrows and bow to attack the zombies and not using the swords. It seems, to me, the lag isn't affecting the arrows.

Nicely working server you got there. I just wish if you could do something to get us a better connection.:thup:

The connection is the fastest we (colleagues) can afford during our stay near the college. It's something neither all of us can do about it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.