Minecraft

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Got an amazing idea for a server but it would require a good java coder to code some plugins..

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
New update:
* Implemented a new lighting engine with the help of MrMessiahs (can be turned off)
* Changed the options around, added a new “Graphics options” button
* Added beds. If all players in a map sleeps in a bed during night, the game immediately skips until morning
* Added three new half-size blocks
* Added Delay/Repeater redstone dust blocks
* Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter “whitelist <cmd>” where cmd is “on”, “off”, “add <player>”, “remove <player>”, “list” or “reload”
* New save file format, old maps need to be converted (that might take a while..)
* It’s now possible to have more than five save slots, and to rename saves
* Scrollbars in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen
* Replaced the Mojang splash image to reflect the new logo colors
* .. and a bunch of bug fixes and tweaks!

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
The new lighting is actually from a third party mod that he implemented officially.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Been messing around on a multiplayer server and this is a project I started recently:

chief_verdigris.jpg

captain_viridian.jpg

professor_vitellary.png

You'll know who they are if you've played VVVVVV, a few difficulties were faced in creating these:

• Sheep do not appear often so wool is very difficult to collect. We have a spider spawner locked down and dispensing string for us but I quickly drained that supply given the amount of wool I needed.
  • Due to Minecraft's resource consumption issues, we've been warned with a permanent ban if we explore any new areas. As a result of this flowers and things have mostly been collected and so were extremely scarce when I recently searched for them.
  • In addition to the 2nd problem, only one area in the current explored region of this world has Lapis Lazuli (the ore required to make blue/light-blue wool); since this was found just after that update, the ore is extremely rare and yields one piece per block despite this now being patched. It took me a very long time to collect enough dyes to produce the wool you see in the 2nd screenshot.

That's that, there's still 3 more to create. As the basic plot for VVVVVV goes, you have to explore the area around you and rescue your missing crew members, it seemed fitting that I hide the different members around the world. The main character (Captain Viridian, light-blue) is on top of a cart station near the default spawn and so is most likely the first one players will find.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I envy you of your free time. :(

I also have this in my server:

2011-02-25_203842.png

2011-02-25_203821.png

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
He's a fake Notch! The real one has yellow name AND a cape.

I like the seed-feature in the new update. My current main save has 3.14 as seed. It's awesome! Huge mountains and overhangs, large and vast deserts and that sort of stuff. Also, clay.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I envy you of your free time. :(

I wish :p I've been collecting the necessary dyes in random sessions for over 2-3 months.

---

The Lapis must have fixed itself or something, I came across 2 ore blocks which yielded a total of 11 pieces of Lapis (I'm aware that this patch has been added but it never seemed to work on SMP). Needless to say I soon finished Captain Viridian:

captain_viridian_complete.jpg

Until we're allowed to explore outside of the explored region of the world, I won't be trying to collect the dyes for the other 3 characters (also there's no where unique to hide them currently, the 3 that I've made so far have all been hidden in the only places in the map that are all connected via a minecart track)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
The Lapis must have fixed itself or something, I came across 2 ore blocks which yielded a total of 11 pieces of Lapis (I'm aware that this patch has been added but it never seemed to work on SMP).

The Minecraft wiki has a great version history that actually tells you what happened (as opposed to notch's 'changed some stuff' report logs).

On my friend's server, we've got bots runnning around doing the most random stuff. :p We've got it to the point where you can have a bot that will defend you (even kills those pesky chickens!), can find where any block is (within a reasonable distance: 128x128x128 blocks), and very soon (likely tomorrow), will act as an [del]mule[/del] ass (e.g. holding stuff for you, and giving it to you upon request).

Writing bots and stuff is so much fun. I've now become aware of just how fun javascript is to code in!

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
The Minecraft wiki has a great version history that actually tells you what happened (as opposed to notch's 'changed some stuff' report logs).

I'm aware of the updates, it just seemed that lapis wasn't yielding as many as it now does on SMP despite it already being patched.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems that lapis wasn't adjusted at all until 1.3, no idea where I got that idea from.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
hey guys ive been wanting to pick up minecraft again for something fun to do but it seems that the beta is only for premium user as well now? and even if i play the classic version i cant save on single player and multiplayer doesnt work for me either D:

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
hey guys ive been wanting to pick up minecraft again for something fun to do but it seems that the beta is only for premium user as well now? and even if i play the classic version i cant save on single player and multiplayer doesnt work for me either D:

Classic mode is the only free mode. Beta costs, but it's worth the price.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Notch states that no matter if you're an Alpha buyer, or a Beta buyer, you get the game as a whole, including updates. It's just the prices are at a discount.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I believe it is that if you purchased the game in Alpha, you get all updates ever, free (no catch). Notch's lawyers were worried about this, and basically talked him into changing it around Beta, to: all updates until release, plus all bugfixes are free. Notch says he still thinks they'll get all the updates free, and that the change was just to appease his own lawyers.

Either way, all updates until release are free, and with alpha, you are guaranteed all updates, while beta only guarantees bugfixes post-release.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Wasn't that one debunked by Notch some time ago? Or did I got the message wrong up on Twitter?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.