Minecraft

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
No, he's stated that only those whom bought the Alpha would get it free after release. Beta members will get it until release, after which they'll either have to buy it again, or buy any new version / 'expansion packs' that are released (which Alpha members will get for free).

Unless he changed his mind.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad I got it in alpha :p

Lyerae

Reaction score
Well, according to the website, you still get it after release if you purchase it in the beta.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Minecraft Beta 1.4 is out! (old news yeah)

I like the wolves very much and their behavior and animations are kinda cute! Now I need a name for my pet wolf.:p

I think the cookies are just for the fun, because they are very ineffective to make and eat. One full stack of cookies [eight (8)] heals you as much as one cooked porkchop.
So you don't want to bring them to fight as emergency food. In addition to that, they are very expensive. One cookie costs two pieces of grain and one cocoa bean, which can be found in dungeons.

South-Titan

Reaction score
If hmod could just UPDATE faster, I'd be going nuts with 5 or so wolves in a pack, hunting mobs outside of my treehouse.

Lyerae

Reaction score
Wasn't hMod discontinued?

Wolves are kinda useless. They just get in the way while I'm building. D:

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
it is discontinued i think, people use bucket now. You can right click your dog/wolf to make it sit and not follow you

Lyerae

Reaction score
Yeah, that works too I guess, but I had so many of them, it would have been a pain to do.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
hey guys ive seen in some minecraft videos that they have slabs looking blocks that they can stick to the side of the compactable staircases to look like its a handle and else where, i figured its something like half of a door? coz ive tried to put half a door onto the stairs and it looks like the same thing however the doors only positions on one side of the area of the block if you know what i mean... just wondering if any of you know how to get a handle

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you mean a redstone button? I'm not sure what you mean.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Note: This post counts as a separate post.

Minecraft 1.5 is out! Yeah, baby!

Any new opinions? This version is a little bit major overhaul, bigger than the last updates.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I gave modding a try, here's a WIP mob:

lordyloo.jpg

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
The modelling aspect is all done by code, it's more trial and error than I'd like but considering I cannot do real 3D modelling I find this a lot easier :p

You can find some GUI editor that models the mob for you + maps a skin to it, but those tend to have a lot of problems with them and your model might not quite look the way the preview shows it.

My mob is looking a lot less disjointed now, just need to think of something unique for it to do.

As for the actual coding of mods in general, if you know Java it's relatively straight forward apart from figuring out what you can actually do (there's not really much in the way of documentation for the Minecraft Coder Pack right now)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I think llama is the direction it's now heading :p It was originally meant to be half pig half diplodocus.

Updated screenshot:

a_strange_animal.jpg

The plan, once I've figured out how to do it, is to make them so that you can ride them with a saddle; once riding them you have full control and can make them spit fireballs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.