Minecraft

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
You sure that isn't a spoofed name? People do that all the time, pretending to be Notch.

Lyerae

Reaction score
Alrighty.

I just mined out a 50-block wide, 50-block long, 10-block high pit somewhere between the layers 15-17 (as the bottom-most level of the 'pit').
Not sure if I'm going to turn it into something with Redstone, or just leave it for now. Any suggestions?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Alrighty.

I just mined out a 50-block wide, 50-block long, 10-block high pit somewhere between the layers 15-17 (as the bottom-most level of the 'pit').
Not sure if I'm going to turn it into something with Redstone, or just leave it for now. Any suggestions?

What about a minecraft-chest storage system?

Lyerae

Reaction score
Maybe, but I think I might try to put a seven-segment display in there.
There's plenty of room though, so I can have multiple things inside. :D

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Try asking deadmau5 if he had built any megastructures lately. I'm curious to know if he had the free time to do so.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Try asking deadmau5 if he had built any megastructures lately. I'm curious to know if he had the free time to do so.

He has his own public server, and it's literally always full. The second someone leaves, someone instantly takes their spot. So I doubt he really wants to be bombarded with questions while hes playing...

South-Titan

Reaction score
My server built a *gigantic* treefort last month. It took eight weeks for it to grow from a small treetop commingling of houses to a 30 square chunk, thriving, 3-D metropolis complete with a bank, store, arena, all sorts of farms, housing, employment, defenses, railway, and public kennel. Treefort, as it's known, extends from the literal top of the sky with the central World Tree, a fabricated, hollow, gigantic tree that forms the centerpiece of the wooden gargantuan, to the wharf below the fort's west side, and further down into the private redstone construction and mining firm known as IRM (IRM, IBM, aha) that reaches down to the bedrock, containing an in-construction 14-bit adding machine. It is completely fireproof, despite being over 90% wood/logs/leaves, and rests on top of a massive, sapling-made forest, it is protected by many foolproof barriers.

Now what's extremely amazing, if not already wowing, is that the only hacks used were to obtain lightstone for street lamps, reeds for the reed farm, and adminium for the town jail. Everything, yes, everything else, was mined or collected from mines, mega-farm complexes, or salvaged from tnt-damaged, hacked, or overly gaudy buildings that fell into bad maintenance, sold for scrap by their owners, or the gaudy components (i.e diamond blocks) simply moved, and replaced with less gaudy items.

So yes, nearly unhacked megalopolis. On the 1 block = 1 meter scale, this treefort, by volume, is the size of a real-life medium town, even moreso if you consider the amenities it can provide, along with housing (treefort can house up to 460 living entities, if each room was big enough for one person, each apartment for two, and each suite (important people get their own buildings) can hold three, and the dog kennel can house 30, along with other private kennels.)

Oh, and treefort is a fort. I installed tnt cannons hidden in the treetops, and whenever the server owner allows hostile mobs, we wait until night and climb up into the gatling watchtowers (redstone-utilizing rapid-fire dispensers) to nail creepers, zombies, and more.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Jindo, if you want to, will you release your older, not-going-to-work-on-the-plugin projects up as open source?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Uploaded the video about 5-6 hours ago but it's still processing, I'm beginning to think it's not going to finish.

EDIT: A couple more hours later..:

[youtube]05IJsJ6SWT4[/youtube]

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Great video. I'd love to see this as a "second" dimension in the regular world.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
If it can damage people nearby, I might think of using it for an "Escape" map.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I did consider having it cause damage and it can be very easily implemented if you like.

Plus I still need to make some adjustments to make the mod compatible with ModLoader.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Finally got my programming tools together post-PC breakdown, and made this as an experiment:

2011-08-24_19.18.53.png

Large, spherical frames made out of glowstone randomly generate across the world in this small adjustment I created.

Hopefully I can return to making that green mob thing I started a while back, although I'll have to start over.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.