mineral picture (really advanced)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello I hope that anyone understands this question:

At the top there are a few icons (mineral) (gas) (supply)

1) is it possible to change this icons into units? (just the picture)
2) when I gather minerals or add minerals by triggers, does the number still increases?

( haha you probably thinking: 'what does she have in mind :) )

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score

Siretu

Reaction score
There is no UI menu involved.

Create an empty text file(on your computer, using notepad or something). This is NOT in the editor. Name it Assets.txt

Copy this into the text file:

Code:
UI/ResourceIcon0=Assets\Textures\icon-mineral-terran.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Prot=Assets\Textures\icon-mineral-protoss.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Terr=Assets\Textures\icon-mineral-terran.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Zerg=Assets\Textures\icon-mineral-zerg.dds
UI/ResourceIcon1=Assets\Textures\icon-gas-terran.dds
UI/ResourceIcon1_Prot=Assets\Textures\icon-gas-protoss.dds
UI/ResourceIcon1_Terr=Assets\Textures\icon-gas-terran.dds
UI/ResourceIcon1_Zerg=Assets\Textures\icon-gas-zerg.dds
UI/ResourceIcon2=Assets\Textures\icon-energy-terran.dds
UI/ResourceIcon2_Prot=Assets\Textures\icon-energy-protoss.dds
UI/ResourceIcon2_Terr=Assets\Textures\icon-energy-terran.dds
UI/ResourceIcon2_Zerg=Assets\Textures\icon-energy-zerg.dds
UI/ResourceIcon3=Assets\Textures\icon-health-terran.dds
UI/ResourceIcon3_Prot=Assets\Textures\icon-health-protoss.dds
UI/ResourceIcon3_Terr=Assets\Textures\icon-health-terran.dds
UI/ResourceIcon3_Zerg=Assets\Textures\icon-health-zerg.dds

To change the icon for minerals, find the path of the icon you want it to have(you can see this when you pick icons for buttons, for example) and change the rows that start with "UI/ResourceIcon0". Say you want to change it to the blink icon. If you open up the blink buttons icon, you'll see that the path is: Assets\Textures\btn-ability-protoss-blink-color.dds

So change
Code:
UI/ResourceIcon0=Assets\Textures\icon-mineral-terran.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Prot=Assets\Textures\icon-mineral-protoss.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Terr=Assets\Textures\icon-mineral-terran.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Zerg=Assets\Textures\icon-mineral-zerg.dds
to
Code:
UI/ResourceIcon0=Assets\Textures\btn-ability-protoss-blink-color.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Prot=Assets\Textures\btn-ability-protoss-blink-color.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Terr=Assets\Textures\btn-ability-protoss-blink-color.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Zerg=Assets\Textures\btn-ability-protoss-blink-color.dds

To change the gas icon, do the same with ResourceIcon1. To change Terrazine icon(Yes, you can have more resources than minerals and gas. You can have a maximum of 4) do the same for ResourceIcon2. To change for the fourth resource, Custom Resource, do the same for ResourceIcon3.

So far, this is ALL inside the text document(except finding the image path). We haven't done ANY changes in the editor.

Now open the editor and open the import manager. Import your Assets.txt file to "Base.SC2Data\GameData\" in your map.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but dont you have to go into the data editor under the "GameUI Data" and set the "UI: Custom Layout Files +" to the new custom file?

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
thank you siretu!

1 more thing: I want the picture of the medic shown instead of the mineral icon
I do not need the gas + supply icons, is there a way to remove these?

Siretu

Reaction score
Use Show/Hide UI frame and set the UI frame to Supply Frame to hide the supply.

To hide the gas icon, use the Show/Hide Resource action and set the resource to Vespene Gas.

The medic icon is "Assets\Textures\btn-unit-terran-medic.dds". So you need to write this in your file:
Code:
UI/ResourceIcon0=Assets\Textures\btn-unit-terran-medic.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Prot=Assets\Textures\btn-unit-terran-medic.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Terr=Assets\Textures\btn-unit-terran-medic.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Zerg=Assets\Textures\btn-unit-terran-medic.dds

@ X-Maul: I think that is the case with custom layout files. However, this is not modifying the layout files(which is done with xml, by the way). This is just overwriting the path to the resource icons. So when the game looks up what icon to use for the resource, it uses another icon that you choose.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
alright Siretu, so I make just this 4 lines in my notepad?

UI/ResourceIcon0=Assets\Textures\btn-unit-terran-medic.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Prot=Assets\Textures\btn-unit-terran-medic.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Terr=Assets\Textures\btn-unit-terran-medic.dds
UI/ResourceIcon0_Zerg=Assets\Textures\btn-unit-terran-medic.dds

I saved the file as 'medic icon' what should I do now?

Siretu

Reaction score
Save it as Assets.txt and import it through the import manager(F9) set the import path to "Base.SC2Data\GameData\" (without the quotes).

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
it's not working, what do you mean by 'import pah'?

I imported the file succesfull and it is in the import list
But I still see the mineral icon shown up when testing the map

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
When you have imported a file, you can right click it, and select: "Move Files..." click that, and set the path to what Siretu told you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.