MisterFrank's Collection

MisterFrank

Reaction score
This is a collection of my *newbie* photoshop work. I'm trying to get better so CC is good. All work is editable since I still have the photoshop files.

These are ordered Oldest to Newest.

Gir 1
GirBackground1-1.jpg
Gir 2
GirBackground2.jpg
Kingdom Hearts Good v Evil
KingdomHeartsbackground.jpg
Diablo
Diablo.jpg
Kingdom Hearts: Sora Sig
KHSiggySora.jpg
Kingdom Hearts: Sora Sig V2
KHSiggySora2.jpg
Kingdom Hearts: Riku Sig
KHSiggyRiku.jpg
Kingdom Hearts: Riku Sig V2
KHSiggyRiku-1.jpg
Kingdom Hearts: Axel Sig
AxelSig.jpg
FrankE Does IT
FrankEDoesIT.jpg
Assassin's Creed: Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Assassin.jpg
Fallout 3: Brotherhood of Steel
FalloutSig.jpg
Halo: Master Chief
HaloMasterChief.jpg

If you want this as a background, I can flip it for you accordingly.
Dirge of Cerberus
DirgeofCerberus.jpg

This is some Terrains I did before my computer crashed..
Dark Castle
Franksterrain002.jpg
Lone Cabin
FranksTerrain.jpg

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
I think you've dark castle and lone cabin switched around. Otherwise... noob is not an... exaggeration.

Suggestions: TUTORIALS!

Seriously. I may tell everyone who starts here the exact same thing, but read 'em. They are how I got to where I am today.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I like your terrains... well, the cabin one at least.
Good luck, :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

MisterFrank

Reaction score
I like your terrains... well, the cabin one at least.
Good luck, :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

The cabin is my favorite one, I had more but they are gone now.. :banghead:
The terrains are extremely outdated; If I would do one now, it would be a lot better.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Gir1: I'm guessing Gir is the robot creature there. First off, the image size and ratio is kind of wonkey, I'm not sure what the images intended applicable purpose would be. My assumption is just photoshop tinkering.

Color balance and focus is super wonkey, you have a high contrast background, 3d pig, 2d semi celshaded cartoon, and a flat distorted image in the background. The general issue with this one is the lack of cohesiveness between images, and the focus is not setup in a visually pleasing manner. Its a neat concept, but theres too much variance and it makes it kind of gawdy.

Gir2: Same unclear purpose problem here, I guess if you had a tiny laptop it could be a background. Its much better for composition since the images are all of a matching style. However, the middle "gir" logo, and the bright blue eyed robot middle bottom have stretch marks that are really awful looking and detract from the cleanness of the other images. My suggestion here would be remake the "gir" logo yourself. Spiff it up, and get rid of the stretch marks = win win.

Kingdom Hearts: Evil guys shadow thing has white edges that offset it really badly. Poor contrast.

Background image of coding is I think misplaced and doesn't add to the picture, instead it detracts focus from the images.

The kingdom hearts logo is poorly cut out and looks stretched / low quality in comparison to the render on the left of the white guy.

The text at the bottom is setup in a cool way, but the lack of contrast from the light text to the background light thats shooting outwards is difficult to read. Also I'd suggest making the "Light" and "Dark" Images brighter too so they stand out more from the rest of the sentence.

This one just needs polishing, the setup and composition of the image is good.

Diablo: Cool pictures used, no stretching, doesn't look like a lot of effort whent into it, but it overall looks pretty decent. My only complaints are the angel dudes lack of glowyness/brightness, and the texts first word is below the skull image, which is a really easy to remove flaw. Bump the text down like 4pixels and its gone.

Sora Sig: Lacks definition/focus. The render is usually where your eyes should be drawn to, but the black and white background setup, and lack of grey tones just make it a flat image. Also the text is black on black and white, making things once again all meshing together in a flat setup.

Riku Sig: Does not lack focus as the above does. I think the render could have been sharpened and touched up to be more defined, but the coloring on this is much more sensical and flowing in a positive manner. It's a teency bit random though in terms of colors, (ie red/purple hair/ whit black) aswell as the sort of whispy smoke, and like hard edged design in the background under the black and red.

Terrains: Their fine but war3 is imo a silly program to make nature shots with. If their playable, then its good. If not, then their pretty useless.

Second one could use some slight rolling hills. First one has random doodad mushrooms and grass that just stops. Their both good but not fully polished.

MisterFrank

Reaction score
Gir1: I'm guessing Gir is the robot creature there. First off, the image size and ratio is kind of wonkey, I'm not sure what the images intended applicable purpose would be. My assumption is just photoshop tinkering.

Color balance and focus is super wonkey, you have a high contrast background, 3d pig, 2d semi celshaded cartoon, and a flat distorted image in the background. The general issue with this one is the lack of cohesiveness between images, and the focus is not setup in a visually pleasing manner. Its a neat concept, but theres too much variance and it makes it kind of gawdy.

Gir2: Same unclear purpose problem here, I guess if you had a tiny laptop it could be a background. Its much better for composition since the images are all of a matching style. However, the middle "gir" logo, and the bright blue eyed robot middle bottom have stretch marks that are really awful looking and detract from the cleanness of the other images. My suggestion here would be remake the "gir" logo yourself. Spiff it up, and get rid of the stretch marks = win win.

Kingdom Hearts: Evil guys shadow thing has white edges that offset it really badly. Poor contrast.

Background image of coding is I think misplaced and doesn't add to the picture, instead it detracts focus from the images.

The kingdom hearts logo is poorly cut out and looks stretched / low quality in comparison to the render on the left of the white guy.

The text at the bottom is setup in a cool way, but the lack of contrast from the light text to the background light thats shooting outwards is difficult to read. Also I'd suggest making the "Light" and "Dark" Images brighter too so they stand out more from the rest of the sentence.

This one just needs polishing, the setup and composition of the image is good.

Diablo: Cool pictures used, no stretching, doesn't look like a lot of effort whent into it, but it overall looks pretty decent. My only complaints are the angel dudes lack of glowyness/brightness, and the texts first word is below the skull image, which is a really easy to remove flaw. Bump the text down like 4pixels and its gone.

Sora Sig: Lacks definition/focus. The render is usually where your eyes should be drawn to, but the black and white background setup, and lack of grey tones just make it a flat image. Also the text is black on black and white, making things once again all meshing together in a flat setup.

Riku Sig: Does not lack focus as the above does. I think the render could have been sharpened and touched up to be more defined, but the coloring on this is much more sensical and flowing in a positive manner. It's a teency bit random though in terms of colors, (ie red/purple hair/ whit black) aswell as the sort of whispy smoke, and like hard edged design in the background under the black and red.

Terrains: Their fine but war3 is imo a silly program to make nature shots with. If their playable, then its good. If not, then their pretty useless.

Second one could use some slight rolling hills. First one has random doodad mushrooms and grass that just stops. Their both good but not fully polished.

Gir1
Gir1: My assumption is just photoshop tinkering.
That's what all the large images were. Just getting a feel for it.

Diablo
Diablo: Cool pictures used, no stretching, doesn't look like a lot of effort whent into it,
Yeah, I got stumped on how to fill it so I left it alone. I'mma redo this piece and the other ones with what you said in mind.

My only complaints are the angel dudes lack of glowyness/brightness, and the texts first word is below the skull image, which is a really easy to remove flaw. Bump the text down like 4pixels and its gone.
It was hard finding a good picture of him, I'mma find a new one though. The text thing will be fixed too.

Kingdom Hearts
Evil guys shadow thing has white edges that offset it really badly. Poor contrast.
I need to find a different render, I made that one from a picture I found, there's not a lot of good images of him, and that one seemed to work at the time.

I rushed it, I didn't realize it that much until now. How can I make a image not looked 'stretched out'?

Sora Sig Fixed
the black and white background setup, and lack of grey tones just make it a flat image.
I added gray shades, when I add the v2 of it can you comment on that too?

Riku Sig Fixed
It's a teency bit random though in terms of colors, (ie red/purple hair/ whit black) aswell as the sort of whispy smoke, and like hard edged design in the background under the black and red.
The colors as far as the background is meant to represent the "good" and "evil" side, you would have to know the story line. As for the hair, I can't do much with that unless someone can tell me how to change the color of it. But the hair color wasn't changed for the character. The wispy smoke: I was gonna make it seem like it wrapped around him a bit.
Much thanks for the CC. +rep. I'll be redoing most of these, if not all of them.

MisterFrank

Reaction score
UPDATE
Added more pictures.

I am aware that the 2 Call of Duty guys seem out of place, that is because I wanted to add something Call of Duty related to it. It's my sig on a gaming website.

MisterFrank

Reaction score
UPDATE
My collection grows.
I think I'm being more repetitive though because I'm making a new thing every day or so, I need a new idea..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.