Health Mobile phone addiction: Clinic treats children

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Two children are learning to live without their mobile phones after becoming so badly addicted to the technology they were admitted to a mental health clinic.

They were brought in after spending an average of six hours a day on their phones, talking, texting or playing games.

Their parents became concerned that the children, aged 12 and 13, were unable to carry out normal activities without their handsets. They were failing at school and deceiving relatives in an attempt to obtain more money for phone cards.

However, it may take a year to wean them off the "drug", said Dr Maite Utgès, director of the Child and Youth Mental Health Centre in Lleida, north-east Spain, where they have been treated for the past three months.

Read more about it here.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Those kids fail in life...I mean u must suck if u rely on technology too much.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Couldn't it be done by simply hiding their phones?
Unless they cry and beg for it and failing in school more...

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, over here near Mainland China, the place where cell phones are mass-produced with the label "Made in China", that addiction is very powerful.

On a school bus I rode on, I see about 4/5 of all of the students and me having cell phones with headphones attached to their ears. Either they are listening to the music very loud, or they are sleeping with the musics turned on.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
We all rely on technology.

I agree yes. But one must not let it overcome every aspect of your life. I mean what will happen if ur thrust into a situation where ur tech can not save you? Unless Phones now a days have infinite range and energy. But that's besides the case.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I don't even have one D=

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.