Model Problem

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
hello there,

I duplicated the 'GhostEMPAttackImpactEffect (Unnamed)' actor and changed the event 'Ghost EMP (Search)' start + stop to 'Poison Bomb'

In the 'Art' I set the model to 'Poison Bomb Model' (I duplicated a model I like and changed the name to 'poison bomb')

Can somebody please explain me why this model is not shown when some of my towers cast a poison bomb??

MissKerrigan

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Try resetting the Art: Model field back to the GhostEMP one and see if it works then. If works, there's probably something different with the model. If it still doesn't work, it's something else.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
yes I tried, the model won't work at all, it's odd because I duplicated all this stuff and only changed the model type to 'poison bomb model' instead of the 'emp model' and I put the other trigger effect in the event: effect-poison bomb

Now when my queen fires a 'poison bomb' this green actor should appear at the impact place, can't understand this !

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure that the actor events fits? That's often the problem I encounter. Othervise you could try to check if you did something wrong with the model by using it in another spell (or for a unit model).

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
already got it!! AAA !!

in the actor-event were 2 events:

1. effect 'poison_bomb' start
CREATE

2. effect 'poison_bomb' stop
DESTROY

so the effect was just a search effect, it seems it stopped right after it started, the reason I didn't saw anything!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.