[Model Request]PotM Arrow with "Ribbon Tail"

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
As the title says, i need a priestess of the moon arrow where half the arrow (from the arrow tip, to half the shaft) stays the same, and the other half of the arrow becomes a "ribbon" (like bendable when it changes direction.) Oh and it also needs an attachment point at the head of the arrow called "origin"

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
1 use a dummy unit that has an attachment point at origin
2 give the dummy unit an item ability thats a pssive, this will always show its effect
3 put the potm (the original version should have a ribbon + hero color) arrow to the item and attach it to origin
3 put whatever other effects you want to the item and attach it to origin

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
actually, the PotM arrow doesn't have ribbon at the end

however, you gave me an idea, anyone know of a unit missile (that has a ribbon, most do) thats very small that can trail the arrow?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
what color ribon you want?

if you want a blue one then absorb missile (abilities)
red one would be pheonix fire (ability)
white fade yellow (healing spray)
black (neather drake?)
clear would be uhh... warden missile? that might be greenish
green would be illidan evil

do not use the water elemental or sludge attack unless you are using that as an actual unit attack, the uhh head of the model will be offset from the ribbon maing it look ugly at almost all angles but one

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
[del]Here we go, I made the model you asked for :D The attachment point should work, although I forget to test it, and the ribbon may seem a bit long if the arrow is moving fast, but I'm not sure I can make it any shorter![/del]

See post below

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
the arrow just got one direction? o.o i mean, in the animation <not tested ingame, if someone did it, plz, screen>

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>Water Elemental with small scale?
Phoenix Fire with small scale?

problem with scaling is, if im attaching through items/item abilities, i cant adjust the attachment scale. so i need a missile that is already small.

>da1nOnlyEd

Thanks, you got the idea down, but as you said, its too long :D , (i need it around the same size of the regular model when moving at 1100 speed

>Bogrim

Thats a nice arrow, but its too flashy for my basic skill

>Psiblade

i will take a look at those models

+rep all

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
OK I fixed it now :D just replace the "BottomHalf" and arrow mdx files in your import manager, restart, and they should be perfect :D I based the tail length on the speed you suggested, and now it looks great ;)

Attachments

• PriestessArrowRibbon_Mk2.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 168

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
its still too long, actually i have an idea, you know the white little trail that normal night elf archer arrows have? can you export just that ribbon effect as a model itself? and ill attach it to the origin of my arrow, thanks (im sure this will be easier)

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
As the title says, i need a priestess of the moon arrow where half the arrow (from the arrow tip, to half the shaft) stays the same, and the other half of the arrow becomes a "ribbon" (like bendable when it changes direction.) Oh and it also needs an attachment point at the head of the arrow called "origin"

Are you going for next version of Archers Wars Legacy?
Love that game..
<3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.