[Model?] UI Modification Request

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Hey there.
I'm here to request a UI change.

I'm not sure if it's even possible, but I'd like it if someone could please make a UI that looks like this:
wow3uirequest.jpg

If someone can do this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Or, if someone could please link me a tutorial on modding the UI, that would be awesome too.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Sure, here you go.

:D

This would be a difficult task, if it's even possible. It would probably require a reworking of the UI models, UI textures, and modification of the (undocumented) FrameDef files in UI\FrameDef\UI\.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Harhar, funny :p !

I might try to play around with it myself, but I doubt it.
I might ask for this on THW too, but I'd like to see if anyone here can do it first.

/EDIT: Anyone know where I can find a tutorial on modding the UI?
I know I had one before, but obviously years later I can't find it.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Considering that not even the Warcraft 3 First Person Shooter had a custom UI, I'm pretty sure you're in uncharted territory here. You, or someone else, will need to figure it out. Maybe then, if it's even possible, you can write the first tutorial on it. :cool:

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Hmm..
As far as I know, they wouldn't be that popular as everyone that plays the map would have to download them.
Of course, the regular UI would work with the map, but the modified UI would be the;
Icing on the cake? The cherry on top :p ?

Dirac

Reaction score
As far as i know the only thing you can do to the UI is to skin it, moving the map, portrait, spells, stat data, items or everything else is impossible

Rllulium

Reaction score
I tried something like this a while back; and my quick foray into importing new UI files proved rather fruitless.
As far as I know, you can only import new art assets, FrameDef documents cannot be replaced.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.