modeling conversions

G

guitarplay

hey, ive got this HUGE problem. I can use blender verry fast, and verry efectivle (except for bones), but the problem is, i dont realy make model for WC3, until now. . . and heres my problem

I have a verry big project, and one that has taken me a great deal of time. But i dont know how to convert, from a .blend to a .mdl or .mdx verry succsessfully. I have tried warblender and il try again, but before it got confusing, messed things up and never realy workd. If there is any other supper smart perosn out ther who can help me convert it into something that eight gmax or wc3 can take, that would be great.

preferebly something that gmax can take cause id like to do my bone work in there. the bone system is more sound, and easier to work with

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
You can export the blender file to .OBJ, and use a converter to convert to .MDX.

G

guitarplay

ah ha, i was wondering if i could do something like that. Can u tell me where to get a file converter like that

ok scratch that ima try the warblend. Now instaling it is preety simple, but when i try to export, i get a "blender scripts error", "check. . . "

what is this suposed to mean???

G

guitarplay

bump (its only been 23 hours sry, but im goin to dinner soon, and im real frustrated)

G

guitarplay

yeah, i allready found thos. . .
i need the obj -> mdx converter, but it dont work??, its all weird and dont open anything

B

BlizzScripts

u have to open the ms dos:
so u type the exe name and the model.
by the way did u tried the milskshape????

G

guitarplay

wel, ive never actualy tried milkshape, dont it cost money

and ???, open up the dos.
ima need more of an explanation. Like what u mean type in exe. Where!!. And name of what model. The object u mean. It also says it has to be only vertex data, and i dont know how to do that.

It says it only supports some modeling programs and blenders not on the list

B

BlizzScripts

the milkshape is free for a hole month :) my already expired :(
but u can try :)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
guitarplay said:
wel, ive never actualy tried milkshape, dont it cost money

and ???, open up the dos.
ima need more of an explanation. Like what u mean type in exe. Where!!

if you have xp, then you go to run and type:

cmd

and if you have lower than xp you go to run and type:

either:

msdos
dos

i dont remimber what one it is, sorry :(

G

guitarplay

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok IM SO LOST

ok i go to run and type cmd (i got XP)

now, waht exactly do you mean by "run" is it something in belender, and how do i install my python scripts, because that is causeing the problems. . . im preety sure bout that

Sargon

Reaction score
By cmd, he probably means command line (or whatever the hell it's called on Windows).

G

guitarplay

ok, im assuming run, is refering to a program, a window somewhere somthing of that sort. Now say i get to this "run", i type in cmd. maby thats whats im actualy suposed to put in. If Sargons right though, what exactly is the command line. (knowing what run is would be a bit more helpfull at this point)

-sry if ive been cranky. Its the end of the school week, and I realy want to get this to DeathShadow. (I also want to see how it works with WorldEdit)

G

guitarplay

the previous threads were instalation. Now i have an error, witht the script. I think i need someone who knows python.

I installed it but its so screwd up.

btw, i have the converter, but its not a .mdl, its a .blend. so i cant convert it

G

guitarplay

I get a script error, that tells me to check my consol.

Sry i havent informed anyone here of this, i forgot to do so. Heres a link to see my problem

click here

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.