Modelpack Modern City Walls n stuff [V1]

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
MODERN CITY WALLS (and stuff)
Version 1.0​

This pack is meant to expand the abilities of terrainers, by offering a large assortment of models designed to give new freedom in city and small town terrain.

At the moment, there isn't much besides walls, doors, windows, roofs, and floors. My days of wc3 mapping and modeling are winding down - and I doubt much will be added onto this pack. I have many ideas and lists I want to make - but with no motivation outside of the first one done.

But without further audo, here's what you get for downloading this magnificent pack!
  • 20 doors! (Offset so they can be rotated realistically)
  • 20 floors! (Easily placed)
  • 15 different roofs!
  • 6 roof-edges (Difficult to explain)
  • 53 Walls (53 base wall, 53 wall with doorway, 53 wall with window)
  • 17 wall borders (to be honest, just 3 but with different texture variation)
  • 9 windows!
  • 1.03MB in w3x (Easily reduced by removing unnecessary textures)
  • All textures in their tga form
  • A map with all imports imported already (including demo terrain)
  • A $20 coupon to your next purchase!
  • And not much more!*
  • *Really, there isn't much more.
There are a few misc objects - counters, school desks and a chalkboard. A few fences and a outside diner table. Not many people will download this, but it's here to those who want it. It's very easy to use and not much on wc3 does what they do.

Ho diddly dum, some pictures..
file.php

file.php

file.php
file.php

FAQ​
If I use these in my map, do I have to credit?
Of course not! I don't give a rats ass about credit. However, I don't want you saying you made them either.

I think you stole these!
Fuck. You. I don't enjoy spending my fucking time releasing this for public use, when I'm going to be called a thief. I made these using 3dmax 5.0, Photoshop CS3, and textures from CGtextures.com
Fuck off. This pack is 100% legal - the models (every vertex) were made by me, and the textures are used legally.

I noticed these aren't submitted to other sites - Hiveworkshop and Wc3c mostly - Can I submit them for you?
If I see these on those horrid sites, I will get them removed. I have found that both of those websites have a slew of mods that outmatch these here in every aspect of stupidity. Not insulting the mods here or anything.

When I zoom in really close - as far as I can go, than use a microscope, I notice a faint flickering where walls meet each other, what is this?
It's my stupidity, flashing you. The walls were made to overlap each other ever so slightly - however I made this too noticeable on the wall and door.
My stupidity came up again, and I used the old wall on the window/doorway, causing the flickering to appear. Sorry!

I want to remove some textures, but I don't want to remove the wrong one!
The walls were made in alphabetical order based on their texture I believe. However, you'll need to view the tga to get a good idea on what textures were used on the wall.

Because I had to split the download into several parts to fit the download size for this website, I had remove some extra content (Nothing you'll miss though)

The Map - This contains all mdx and blp assigned to a correct destructible. It also includes a demo terrain.

The Mdl / Blp - This zip contains all files of blp+mdx - the map contains these, so this is not necessary to download. This zip also contains the 3ds of walls and so on.

The TGA textures - This zip contains all the textures in their tga form. This is not needed unless you plan to use the 3ds in the above package.

Attachments

• BLP n MDL (optional).zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 590
  • Modern City Walls & Stuff.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 828
  • TGA textures (optional).zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 534

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Lol, reminds me of The Sims.

Hahaha, thats the first thing I though of when I saw these.

On a serious note: These models are very cool, and work really well in conjunction with one another (obviously). I'd say these will come in handy for a lot of the more "realistic / modern" games we are seeing around these days. Nice job.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like all your modelpacks Windex. This is a great addition :thup:

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
im getting a problem with the pictures, but either way they sound rly good from what u and others have said. il prolly dl it :p

EDIT: when i try to dl it the link leads me to a page saying the attachment doesnt exist anymore

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Appears you have to be signed on the clan forums in order view the attachments - that is new to me.
Is it possible for a mod to..
A: Give me slightly larger upload space
B: Remove the upload limit

If I don't get B by the end of tonight, than I'll split the pack into separate downloads to improve this.

EDIT: If you really want to see the upload right now, than you can register at clanbom.com - than download it from the link here.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i tried registering yet it still says the attachment doesnt exist anymore while logged in.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Split the pack into 3 categories (Map, Models/wc3 models&texture, and tga textures) and uploaded here. Tested - they seem to work.

Sorry for having to do that! There is an upload limit here. I had to shave off some unnecessary content (the old style walls mostly) but it's here.
Hope you guys like.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Would it be okay if I edited some of the textures?

Is this the pack you were working on before getting pissed off at the other sites?

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
It's perfectly fine that you can edit anything - I don't care, just don't say you made it.
And if you edit it enough, than you can say the thing you edited is yours.

And no, that was a different pack. It was pretty useless though - taking half an hour just to make one building.

Varine

Reaction score
I see, I just remember coming across that thread.

So with this pack, would it be possible to make it so that there is an ability to get onto the roofs of buildings? I know if I set them to walkable destrucables or whatever I can get it to work, but I don't know if you played with it very much trying to do that though.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Yes, it's possible. However it would be a bit harder (but not impossible) to make it multi-floor for several people.

Varine

Reaction score
Well my plan is to make the exterior of the city different from the interior specifically for that reason. The layout of the exteriors isn't going to take up even half of the map including the streets and everyting else, so then I intend on using the rest of the space to make the interior spaces, allowing me to have multiple floors without the issues that would come up trying to make it all one.

So with this plan, the roof would be the only walkable feature of the buildings on the exterior, while the unit is transported to a different location for the interior.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice. :)

Approved.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.