Modified heal only autocasts to the left

Strilanc

Veteran Scripter
Reaction score
I have a modified medivac heal spell, which I have given to a modified planetary fortress. The idea is that hero units come back to the base to be healed.

Before the patch everything worked fine, but now it will only start casting if the hero stands slightly below and to the left of the planetary fortress. However, it will continue casting within the normal range.

Changing the range (autocast and normal) seems to have no effect on the weird area. Neither does changing some of the validators, and so forth. I'm really at a loss as to what could be causing this.

Any ideas?

Strilanc

Veteran Scripter
Reaction score
I have an idea now: it might be because medivacs face the target before starting to heal? A building wouldn't be able to do that, and buildings face bottom left.

How do I disable that?

Strilanc

Veteran Scripter
Reaction score
It is definitely a facing issue. When a unit moves close, I see the ability button light up as if it were trying to cast. But it only starts casting when the unit runs in front.

I know that not all abilities require facing (eg. chrono boost), so where is the setting?

Strilanc

Veteran Scripter
Reaction score
Thanks, that solved it.

Now I just need to figure out why the duplicated actors aren't working properly :banghead:.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Double check the paths to the models and make sure they haven't been changed automatically

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.