Monstrous Map Idea

C

Crucival

So, I'm semi-new to map editing. I can pull off a so-so set of triggers, play around with camera angles and such, and do a pretty good custom ability, but compared to you guys I'm probably craptastical.

Anyway: Ever since I first poked around the world editor, the fact the you can change the scaling for the models has offered itself to me as something we could have fun toying with. So, for the elementary-school godzilla fan in us all ( :p ) how about a Monster Wars map?

Imagine, gigantic heroes on both sides of a map. Something in the vein of AoS, in that it has attacking computer creeps and heroes who are user-controlled. But in the middle of the map, instead of the usual lanes, a destructible city, complete with it's own neutral 'defender' creeps?

So what you have is scaled up heroes at monstrous size battling their way through a city that they can hack to tiny little bits. And, of course, you'd get to watch your creeps fight neutral creeps before they fight the other team's creeps. Silly, but do-able. Probably just take down some towers and give them to the neutral party.

But just scaling up the heroes and adding a city middle sounds kinda lame, right? So I'm trying to figure out whether you could use some kind of altered pathing/immolation ripoff to allow the heroes to stomp on creeps, neutral and allied alike, and crush buildings. Obviously, not insta-death, but it'd be fun to see a monstrous Crypt-lord hero go crawling through a city, knocking over houses as he goes to chase down the enemy hero, little spider creeps slaughtering footmen as they run through the city. That little extra blow-stuff up touch.

A) Is this even possible?

B) would it be cool?

thanks
Crucival

S

=Scotvenom=

You could maybe make the buildings stompable by using trigger regions to destory the buildings?

I don't think immolation would be the right thing for the effect you're after, as it won't be based on actually stepping on a building.

S

Slaughter

Replace the pathing models for stompable buildings with circle of power models. Then you can walk in, and destroy with a region.

Alternatively, make heros flying and make unpathable areas unflyable too. There are unflyable pathing maps on a bunch of city buildings that look like sandcastles.

Sounds rocking. I wonder, though, why have creeps? Godzilla never had minions. (did he?)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.