Moonlite Map Studio open beta release

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
[dead link removed]
Moonlite (or Moonlite Map Studio) is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for StarCraft 2 and WarCraft 3. Currently it only supports scripting and file import management, but it will also support object scripting, debugging and maybe even terraining. It also is 100% extensible, as it uses the same extension engine as Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.

It is currently in a rather early stage, meaning that crashes and issues can happen. A bug reporter tool is included, but please, only use it if the issue you have found really is a bug. (Meaning that the most people I have had using it so far has tried to use a feature, done it wrong and told me there's a bug)
Since it is an open beta, please also always keep a backup of the map you're editing. Although Moonlite creates a backup, the backup is used for dynamic syntax checking, so just have a backup to be sure.

I haven't finished the documentation yet, so it's not included. If you're used to using the Visual Studio IDE, you'll find using Moonlite easy. To code with it, you simply create a new project, and then add files to that project. Moonlite uses files that it then compiles into the map. If you want to script an already existing map, you have to create a new project, build it, and replace the map in the Bin directory of the project's directory by the map you want to edit. Preferably you want to replace all your GUI triggers by Moonlite code, but it should be compatible.

Moonlite is tightly integrated with the Andromeda language, meaning that it 100% supports OOP programming. Because of this, Moonlite supports dynamic error checking and intelligent and context sensitive code completion. (The code completion isn't implemented yet though)
Note that I want all the feedback, suggestions and error reports I can get. Although this is beta software it should be in a pretty stable state.

The current Galaxy features are:
  • 100% Andromeda support;
  • Dynamic error checking;
  • Xml object creating through Xml files;
  • Code completion (yet to come)
The current Jass features are:
  • 100% vJass support;
  • Dynamic error checking;
  • Code completion (Finished)
There are probably more independent language features, but I most likely forgot.

Global features:
  • Project manager;
  • Function list;
  • Live code preview;
  • Rich user interface;
  • Object Browser;
  • and more

The Andromeda code completion will feature enrichment support, inheritance support, class support, etc. For example, say we have a static class named "Test" with fields "op" and "offset". In our code, we can write "Test.", and when the dot is typed, a list of the members in the Test class pops up. Very small example, but it should do justice to get you thinking.

Requires the .NET Framework 4.0!
Download link
: [dead link removed]
The source code is currently not available. It will be available as soon as the application gets out of beta stage.
If you are experiencing any installation problems, but tell me in this thread ASAP.
For developers, the installer is custom created using WPF and a zip extracter. All files are packaged into zip packages/embedded resources.

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for any damage this software does to you or your computer, your maps or any project that you have created. Any issues with your computer, your maps or any project that you have created caused by Moonlite is your own problem.

Attachments

• moonlite32.png
    moonlite32.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 2,789
Last edited by a moderator:

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
About time, for the hours on MSN talking about it.

If only Lyerae can get it to work..

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Unfortunately, your right.
The installation process doesn't even start up.

I'm hoping I can find some sort of work around though.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Unfortunately, your right.
The installation process doesn't even start up.

I'm hoping I can find some sort of work around though.

It didn't do anything at all? o_O
That might be because of WPF using DirectX.
You should get someone on Windows to install it, then he can send the files to you, and then try to see if running them works.

Moogle

Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOOT. :D

Also if you read his post, GetTriggerUnit, you'd see that he mentions that the source is not available.

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Bugs
- Idk if it's supposed to, but it creates 3 folders (Compilers, Temp, Templates) on the desktop. The same folders are in the Installation location too.
- When I ran it for the first time, I got some Missing file error.
- When I ran it the 2nd time, I got the same error again, but the program opened anyway.
- When I ran it for the 3rd time, I got a Program has stopped working error during the splash screen.

Edit: I restarted comp, and it shows the Program has stopped working error.

Edit2: I reinstalled it, and it ran perfectly the first time, but after that, I got the Program has stopped working error again.

Moogle

Reaction score
I do not want this installed to C:\Program Files.

The installer has no option to put it anywhere else. Please add one. D:

Also, it is beautiful, but whiny. Same error as poster above me. I did get it open though!

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Opens fine for me, but Idk how to use this thing. How do I link my map to the project.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do not want this installed to C:\Program Files.

The installer has no option to put it anywhere else. Please add one. D:

Also, it is beautiful, but whiny. Same error as poster above me. I did get it open though!

You probably should install it there, since that's much more appropriate than probably any other place, and it's sort of a windows convention.

You can always make a shortcut?

Moogle

Reaction score
My C drive is slowly getting filled. I do not want even more stuff on it.

Every single other installer I have ever had ever has had the option to install in a different directory. This one does not :/.

A shortcut does nothing.

Also, getting huge amounts of errors. I tried pushing test map, guess what? Exception! :D

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'MpqLib, Version=1.0.3329.41510, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: 'MpqLib, Version=1.0.3329.41510, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at Moonlite.Compiling.CompilerManager.ImportFiles(ProjectFileCollection files, String mapPath, Project project)
   at Moonlite.Compiling.CompilerManager.ExecuteAndromeda(Project project, Boolean hidden, Boolean waitForExit, Boolean importFiles, Boolean useTempMapPath, String extraArguments)
   at Moonlite.Compiling.GameManager.StartGame(Project project, Boolean compile)
   at Moonlite.MainForm.StartProjectTest()
   at Moonlite.MainForm.OnTestMapItemClick(Object sender, ItemClickEventArgs e)
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.BarItem.OnClick(BarItemLink link)
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.BarItemLink.OnLinkClick()
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.ViewInfo.BarSelectionInfo.UnPressLink(BarItemLink link)
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.Ribbon.Handler.BaseRibbonHandler.OnUnPressItem(DXMouseEventArgs e, RibbonHitInfo hitInfo)
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.Ribbon.Handler.BaseRibbonHandler.OnMouseUp(DXMouseEventArgs e)
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.Ribbon.Handler.RibbonHandler.OnMouseUp(DXMouseEventArgs e)
   at DevExpress.XtraBars.Ribbon.RibbonControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevExpress.Utils.Controls.ControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
moonlite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/moonlite.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
DevExpress.Utils.v10.1
    Assembly Version: 10.1.4.0
    Win32 Version: 10.1.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/DevExpress.Utils.v10.1.DLL
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.ComponentModel.Composition
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.Composition/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ComponentModel.Composition.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
DevExpress.XtraBars.v10.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/DevExpress.XtraBars.v10.1.DLL
DevExpress.Data.v10.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/DevExpress.Data.v10.1.DLL
DevExpress.BonusSkins.v10.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/DevExpress.BonusSkins.v10.1.DLL
DevExpress.OfficeSkins.v10.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/DevExpress.OfficeSkins.v10.1.DLL
DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.1.DLL
DevExpress.XtraGrid.v10.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/DevExpress.XtraGrid.v10.1.DLL
DevExpress.XtraLayout.v10.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/DevExpress.XtraLayout.v10.1.DLL
DevExpress.XtraVerticalGrid.v10.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/DevExpress.XtraVerticalGrid.v10.1.DLL
Moonlite.Composition
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3810.33377
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/Moonlite.Composition.DLL
Moonlite.Ftp
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/Moonlite.Ftp.DLL
Moonlite.Languages
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3810.33375
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/Moonlite.Languages.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Storm.TextEditor
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3810.33376
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Moonlite%20Map%20Studio/Storm.TextEditor.DLL
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Also, theres no syntax highlighting for my imported .a files. It is sad!

Edit: Some of my code keeps blinking away and back in! Demons are clearly infesting this program! D:

Code:
class Projectile[MAX_PROJECTILES]
{

private fixed _angleXY;
	private fixed _angleZ; //underscore needs a check 
	private fixed _speed; //private too

private static int Count = 0;
	private static timer IntervalTimer = TimerCreate(); //needs moar api

private static Projectile List[MAX_PROJECTILES];

Projectile(unit u)
	{
		this._angleXY = u.angle; //check
		this._angleZ = 0;
		List[Count] = this;
		Count++;

}

}

The stuff in Projectile(unit u) mainly is invisible.. but the line Im on blinks in and out! D:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
A lot of things give exceptions.

Word Completion on SC2, Test map on anything... Probably more. I just can't remember.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Guys, this is a beta.
Remember that.

ALSO, 100% does not work on Ubuntu.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Won't install ; )

Running Windows 7 64-bit

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: moonlitemapstudio_setup.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4c0d314b
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ba22001
Problem Signature 07: 3567
Problem Signature 08: 97
Problem Signature 09: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: edcf
Additional Information 2: edcf5305312bb1b8b97d63eea46d0838
Additional Information 3: 495d
Additional Information 4: 495d09837449063bb4b669d16c49b524

bobby5589

Reaction score
I get a similar error as Nestharus.

Windows XP Pro. 32-bit
Moonlite.Installer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. said:
EventType : clr20r3
P1 : moonlitemapstudio_setup.exe
P2 : 1.0.0.0
P3 : 4c0d314b
P4 : presentationcore
P5 : 4.0.0.0
P6 : 4ba1f865
P7 : 44dd
P8 : 47
P9 : system.io.fileformatexception

SandPatrol

Reaction score
Won't install ; )

Running Windows 7 64-bit

I had a similar error as the one that you are getting, but running the installer (and the program) in both administrator mode and Windows XP SP3 mode seemed to work fine. I haven't really tried much with regards to working alongside SC2; however, everything seems to work as far as creating new projects, etc.

I can't wait to try this out further, but it will have to wait for now.

Keep up the good work!

Chris

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
I use Windows-7 64 bit and it installed like butter (is that even en expression?).
Are you sure you downloaded the latest .Net?

Edit: Post above -> My UAC is disabled.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.