More Errors Nova Spell

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Ok now I have three errors 2 syntax 1 undeclared variable.
1. Syntax: local location udg_CasPosOffset[0] = PolarProjectionBJ(udg_CasPos, 400.00, udg_Real)
2. Syntax: i = i + 1
3. Undeclared Variable: call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( GetLastCreatedUnit(), "flamestrike", udg_CasPosOffest )

JASS:
function Nova takes nothing returns nothing
    local real udg_Real = 0.00
    local unit udg_Caster = GetTriggerUnit()
    local location udg_CasPos = GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit())
    local integer i = 0
    local location udg_CasPosOffset[0] = PolarProjectionBJ(udg_CasPos, 400.00, udg_Real)
    loop
        exitwhen i == 8
        i = i + 1
        call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, 'h000', GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), udg_CasPos, bj_UNIT_FACING )
        call UnitAddAbility(GetLastCreatedUnit(), 'AHfs')
        call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( GetLastCreatedUnit(), &quot;flamestrike&quot;, udg_CasPosOffest<i> )
        call UnitApplyTimedLifeBJ( 10.00, &#039;BTLF&#039;, GetLastCreatedUnit() )
    endloop
endfunction</i>

I am getter more used to jass but I still dont know how to fix things like that :eek: all help would be nice and +rep to those who help.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
1. : you're using an index on an unindexed (ie non-array) variable. insert an ' array ' between the local and the name of your variable. Also, you cannot initialise arrays on declaration.
2. : you forgot the "set" in front of the i = ...
3. : fix the both above and retry.

EDIT:

Note though that this will not work as intended.
udg_CasPosOffest is only initialised for i=0, not for a greater index. For greater indicies, it will return null.

Also you must get away from the "Function Call" mind of GUI. Every function that you call requires processing time. Variables you read in need much less processing time, so the secret is use variables instead of calls whenever possible.

GetLastCreatedUnit() returns a global variable that you can use instead.
Alternatively, you can declare your own local unit and use
JASS:
    set dummy = CreateUnitAtLoc( &#039;h000&#039;, GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), udg_CasPos, bj_UNIT_FACING )
instead of the CreateNUnits stuff (saves one function call and other unimportant stuff). Then you can use dummy instead of GetLastCreatedUnit().

Most of the BJ function you use are proxies, they just call another function with the same parameters. This just adds unnecessary resource consumption to your code. Replace them with the functions they call.

TESH from JPNG allows you to easily identify them and replace them by control-clicking them.

Usually, you do the set i=i+1 at the end of the loop, not at the beginning - the idea is that your code will loop for i = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 while indexes normally start at 0 in JASS, because common functions like Player(i) takes an i within 0-15 instead of 1-16.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Fixing now thanks. How do i make udg_CasPosOffset indexed then?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
udg_CasPosOffest, eh?

It needs to be an array. And arrays cannot have initial values. You need to set each one through a loop, or manually, or through some other insane method.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Well I made CasPosOffset into an array and i still get 2 and 3. Here is my current code:
JASS:
function Nova takes nothing returns nothing
    local real udg_Real = 0.00
    local unit udg_Caster = GetTriggerUnit()
    local location udg_CasPos = GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit())
    local integer i = 0
    local location array udg_CasPosOffset[0] = PolarProjectionBJ(udg_CasPos, 400.00, udg_Real)
    loop
        exitwhen i == 8
        set i = i + 1
        set udg_CasPosOffset<i> = PolarProjectionBJ(udg_CasPos, 400.00, udg_Real)
        call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, &#039;h000&#039;, GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), udg_CasPos, bj_UNIT_FACING )
        call UnitAddAbility(GetLastCreatedUnit(), &#039;AHfs&#039;)
        call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( GetLastCreatedUnit(), &quot;flamestrike&quot;, udg_CasPosOffest<i> )
        call UnitApplyTimedLifeBJ( 10.00, &#039;BTLF&#039;, GetLastCreatedUnit() )
    endloop
endfunction
        </i></i>

I read your edit, it is very interesting. But all im trying to do is learn how to make a nova spell in jass. Once i get it to work is when i will try to make it as fast as possible and remove any leaks. Right now im just trying to learn

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
1. : you're using an index on an unindexed (ie non-array) variable. insert an ' array ' between the local and the name of your variable. Also, you cannot initialize arrays on declaration.

Note though that this will not work as intended.
udg_CasPosOffest is only initialised for i=0, not for a greater index. For greater indicies, it will return null.

see there...
You cannot assign values to arrays in the line you allocate them.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Oh i had a hard time understanding that now i get it. So i need to assign it after its been declared ty.

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
A quote from an old post.

Creating a nova is easy...

JASS:
local real diffBetween = 360/Amount of Units In Nova
local real currAngle = 0
local integer i = 0
loop
exitwhen i &gt;= Amount of units in nova
call CreateUnit(...... CenterX + 300*Cos(currAngle * bj_DEGTORAD), CenterY + 300*Sin(currAngle * bj_DEGTORAD)) // Change &quot;300&quot; to the radius you want.
set currAngle = currAngle + diffBetween
set i = i + 1
endloop

Note - This code is working in degrees but you could convert it to radians by changing 360 to a whole circle with radians which I belive is 2PI and remove the bj_DEGTORAD's.

You can also do the exitwhen like this:
JASS:
exitwhen currAngle &gt;= 359 // (359 to avoids conflicts with decimals being trunced)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.