Morphing Units with Different Transport Abilities

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Ok I think I may have found a bug. I have 3 bunker type units which morph into each other :

Bunker Level 1 > Bunker Level 2 > Bunker Level 3

As the unit is morphed through its various levels, the health and armor is increased in addition to these changes:

Bunker Level 1: Capable of holding up to 4 units
Bunker Level 2: Capable of holding up to 6 units
Bunker Level 3: Capable of holding up to 6 units and has a strike turret

In order to achieve the changes in the transport ability holding size, I have created 2 copies of the transport ability, one with 4 unit capacity and one with 6 unit capacity. The 4 unit capacity transport ability was given to Bunker Level 1 and the 6 unit capacity transport ability was given to Bunker Level 2 and Bunker Level 3.

If I pre-place each level of the bunker ability on the map and test it, everything works fine. However if I upgrade the Bunker Level 1 to Bunker Level 2, the bunker capacity bar shown above the unit disappears and does not come back when I upgrade it one step further to Bunker Level 3. Interestingly enough, if I upgrade the pre-placed Bunker Level 2 into Bunker Level 3, the bunker capacity bar remains shown (presumably because they both use the same transport ability). Also through some tweaking, I have discovered that the bunker capacity bar only disappears when the the change in the transport ability occurs.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this bug (if it is a bug)? Also does anyone have any ideas as to how to solve this issue (what is causing it) and/or a possible workaround to get this working properly?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Due to the time of the year, I don't have the time to experiment too much with this. I did some experimenting and couldn't even get the cargo status bar to show for a unit that doesn't have it usually. I think it should be something with actors but since I haven't even reproduced it(I went another way and tried it by adding load to siege tanks since they already have a working morph), I can't mess around with it and find a solution.

However, there is one uglier solution that works if you only have one bunker for each player. If you use upgrades that affect the properties of the load ability, you could probably get it to work. I don't know if it will update accordingly but it's worth a try.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The upgrade solution is not practical because there will be more than one bunker per player.

I tried adding the transport abilities to siege tanks and the issue still occurs so it definitely isn't a problem with the morph.

I could possibly use a trigger to replace the bunker with a new one when the morph finishes.

Is there a way to refresh an actor? As in getting it to redraw itself?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.