Mortal Sigbat I

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
F**k! Why is it that I miss half the competitions arount here. Maybe because of the 15 I MADE A NEW SIGGY WOOOOOOT!!11!!1one/!11. :p

w/e, there is a slot open. 13lade could not enter, and Xapphire (as far as I know), has yet to respond. I think if you were to talk to pineapple and submit your entry first, the spot is rightfully yours.

Technically the slot is open, it's just Zapphire hinted that he would like to take 13lade's place.

But what do I know? :p

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
w00t!!
It's mine! :p

@undeadorcjerk

Thx, that sounds good. :)

Reaction score
Huh?

Tomorrow is 7th. Thus the deadline is tomorrow. If Xapphire doesn't submits a signature till tomorrow, one of us will win automatically...

That'd be unfair. We have had a week to do it, why wouldn't Xapphire have?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
That'd be unfair. We have had a week to do it, why wouldn't Xapphire have?

Didn't Xapphire sign up on the 5th? The deadline was decided from 7th to 9th, giving him 4 days at least to make a sig (Or did you change the deadline again?)

If I made my sig in less than 2 hours, surely 4 days is enough time :rolleyes:.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Xapphire hasn't posted since the 4th, at which time the position was still full. He never claimed it, quite frankly, especially since it's best to be quicker and he probably hasn't even read this.

Anyways, I think w/e should have it.

He wanted to join (This showing interest);
He has actually read this thread recently and knows there is now an opening;
And he pretty much called shotgun (Read quote).

w/e said:
w00t!!
It's mine! :p

So just to review, from what it seems Xapphire isn't even aware there is an opening, and w/e is ready to make his sig. Xapphire never signed up for the position, he just said he wanted to do it to " post my picture here to show my effort hehe ".

>>He joined when the one guy left.

If you read carefully, you'll notice this isn't true. :p (No offense :))

Sigh. :p I just hope I don't get paired up with w/e. :)

Have a nice day.

Reaction score
>If you read carefully...
Read, and understood :)

Well.. How is this done then? The one who sends his sig to Pileapple faster is in the battle ;D?

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I would imagine the first one to be accepted as an actual contestant. I'm just assuming that since Xapphire hasn't even posted in 3 days, and isn't even aware of the opening, it should naturally goto the next person *Which in this case I think should be w/e)

Anyways, it truly is Pineapple's call.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
HOLA, sorry, Didnt think Id make it, Ill make one right now o_O

Edit: Errrrr... nvm..

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Well this got complicated fast.

I have nothing more to say than that, except that who should get it?

(Xapphire, have you read all previous posts?)

Edit: Oh, Pineapple edited his post.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Ok here is the official virdict:

Its open, first come, gets it. If no one comes you each vote for who move on un challenged.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
How about a sig battle between me and xapphire for the slot? :p

Suggestion for final round:
The 2 finalists should be able to choose their render. If they didn't look hard enough for a good render, it's their problem.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Xaphire said nvm, so first come first serve.

Also, I already know whats gonig to happen on te last round, after all this turnament has a theme.

Though trust me, it will challenge the two contestants.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
oh shit.... there is an underline in his post.... he means business.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
im confused, can I join or not... o_O..? If w/e wants the spot, he can take it ^.^

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Ok, technically a double post but,

the contest deadline is past. I NEED a SIG. I DONT CARE WHO SENDS IT. Thank you.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Untill 1:09 PM (-4:00)

Then you each cast a vote for who auto wins (In a post), cannot vote for youself.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.