US News Mother Claims Her Daughter Was Suspended for Wearing Wrong Shade of Green

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Camden County, NJ-(WTXF)-It's not easy being green. In fact, it could even get you suspended from elementary school, especially if you're wearing the wrong shade.

She says school officials told her not to bring her daughter back to class and as she told FOX 29's Brad Sattin it had everything to do with the color of her shirt.

8-year-old Kylie and her twin sister Karlie don't look like troublemakers, but Kylie was suspended from school. The reason, according to her mother: a violation of the dress code Monday. Their mother, Crystal, says she got a call from the vice principal at Winslow Township School 4.

“He wanted me to know that she can't wear that shirt and if she does wear that shirt again, she would be suspended,” she told FOX 29.

The district's policy states that shirts or blouses be white, dark green or navy blue with collars only. Kelly green is a violation. Crystal admits her conversation with the assistant principal and then the principal did get a bit heated.

“My child messed up, I messed it up for my child, and she be suspended next time for it, but to suspend a child over the shade of a shirt. I found it a little ridiculous," she explained.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It totally get where she's coming from and agree that it's a stupid dress code, but it's the dress code. It's not like they made it up on the spot. It was a rule that's already there. No need to cry when you're breaking rules that you already knew about.

Edit: Although looking at the picture, it's still kinda dark green. I figured it'd be lime green or some shit. I dunno... I'd probably fight it, too. Still not newsworthy, though.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to draw a line somewhere. You could always creep the color up bit by bit until you can use whatever color you want.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
That's so ridiculous !!
Wonder what kind of clothes "vice principal" wearing.
Maybe he should consider being, suspended?!

Last edited:

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You have to draw a line somewhere. You could always creep the color up bit by bit until you can use whatever color you want.
Yeah, you'd have to use a certain degree of discretion when deciding what's dark enough, otherwise, which could result in favoritism. Hopefully they've got a color swatch or some shit already determined to prevent these issues and this woman is just blowing everything out of proportion.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.