Crime Mother of Starved Child Believes He'll Live Again

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
BALTIMORE (AP) -- For more than a week, Ria Ramkissoon watched passively as her 1-year-old son wasted away, denied food and water because the older woman she lived with said it was God's will.

Javon Thompson was possessed by an evil spirit, Ramkissoon was told, because he didn't say ''Amen'' during a mealtime prayer. Javon didn't talk much, given his age, but he had said ''Amen'' before, Ramkissoon testified.

On the day Javon died, Ramkissoon was told to ''nurture him back to life.'' She mashed up some carrots and tried to feed the boy, but he was no longer able to swallow. Ramkissoon put her hands on his chest to confirm that his heart had stopped beating.

Ramkissoon and several other people knelt down and prayed that he would rise from the dead. For weeks afterward, Ramkissoon spent much of her time in a room with her son's emaciated body -- talking to him, dancing, even giving him water. She thought she could bring him back.

Last edited:

Archideas

Reaction score
I'm so freaking scared of religious people right now... I remember there was some news along these lines a couple of months back as well. A girl who got sick and all the father did was pray and she eventually died.

How can people be so blind and ignorant because of their beliefs so they don't even know when to use that leftover braincell that wasn't killed during sunday church...?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Sickening.

>I'm so freaking scared of religious people right now...

And I'm terrified of atheists because of how Stalin killed all those people!

Never judge the many based on actions of the few.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Sickening.

Hey! I have a lot respect for you now. That was a great remark.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
He ain't coming back, lady.

Stupidity + Ignorance = Stupid Ignorance?

Well... The bad thing with belief is that it can neither be disproved nor proved. You see, we are just as ignorant as her. Just that I'm not as stupid as both you and her.

Given the previous measurement data tho, it is completely improbable that he will come back to life. Sadly, not impossible, and anyone who believes it is impossible is on the same level of "stupidity and ignorance" as that poor lass.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
Javon Thompson was possessed by an evil spirit, Ramkissoon was told, because he didn't say ''Amen'' during a mealtime prayer. Javon didn't talk much, given his age, but he had said ''Amen'' before, Ramkissoon testified.
she holds a 1 year old responsible for his (the baby's) own action? regarding faith even...

how was the child supposed to know?.. this is just wrong.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Sickening.

The difference is, Stalin didn't do what he did because he was an atheist.

While in the Bible Jesus clearly says if you believe in him, your prayers will come true.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
"because the older woman she lived with said it was God's will.
"because he didn't say ''Amen''

And that is a reason to murder him?
That's what It Is .. "a murdering" nothing else.

Next Child she get.. what she do then?

That's So Sick

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
The difference is, Stalin didn't do what he did because he was an atheist.

While in the Bible Jesus clearly says if you believe in him, your prayers will come true.

No it doesn't. It says they'll be answered.

What bothers me is everyone makes a huge deal about things like this, which is bad yeah, because it's a senseless waste of life based off religious extremism without logic, but then a lot of those same people are completely indifferent about abortion because it hasn't been born yet.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Quote scripture, philosopher.

Really?? You're going to make me dig around for this?

Sigh, would be good if people actually read the Bible for themselves.

Will edit this when I've found the texts.

Edit~ Next page

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It says they will be answered, not come true like when you wish on a star. That's stupid, since when does anyone know what they want?

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
"'Have faith in God,' Jesus answered. 'I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins'" (Mark 11:22-25)

"…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" (James 5:16)

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him" (1 John 5:14-15)

"You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it" (John 14:13-14)

"But if you stay joined to me and my words remain in you, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted!" (John 15:7)

"And we will receive whatever we request because we obey him and do the things that please him. " (John 3:22)

"The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles" (Psalm 34:17)

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." (Matthew 6:6)

Also, inb4 'It's all supposed to be metaphorical!'

[YOUTUBE]XiDmMBIyfsU[/YOUTUBE]

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I read it like this:
IF we believe in god, that implies we want certain things.
In other words: These things we want BECAUSE we believe in god.
Now if we pray to god, it will be THOSE EXACT THINGS we request, and, hence, we already have them.

If, however, we request things like a longer life, resurrection, wealth, etc etc, we won't get it because of the very same reason!

In other words, if we believe in god, the only things we want are entailed in gods "plan", hence they come whether we pray for them or not. It says "believe that you _have_ received it", and not "believe that you will receive it".
If, however, we pray for things that are not part of gods "plan", we won't get them by praying - in fact, we are, by doing so, trying to change gods plan and hence not truly believing in him.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys are only quoting translated versions of the bible. IMO, you cannot split hairs on wording when something has been translated as many times as the Bible. Seriously.

jaybles169

Reaction score
I think the fact that the Bible as well most all religion is open to interpretation, which is its main downfall.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.