event any unit enters 'hydralisk 1 C'
conditions owner of triggering unit is player '8'
action order 'triggering unit' patrol to 'hydralisk 1 D'

Trigger 8

event any unit enters 'hydralisk 1 D'
conditions owner of triggering unit is player '8'
action order 'triggering unit' patrol to 'hydralisk 1 A'

Got about 80 of these triggers
Is there any possibility to create this in 1-2-3 triggers?

MissKerrigan

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
learn variables, its as simple as that, iv seen about 30 of your posts where you do things some way that takes literally 100x as long because you refuse to learn them, you waste more time creating triggers like this than you ever could learning variables

EDIT:
and if you dont learn them you will have to ask for every single trigger at some point or another, which makes more work for the people who volunteer their help here

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
well, you could do this all in one trigger but it would be a little more complex...
you would have to create a region array and a point array for each rally point where the region is where the unit enters and the point is where the unit heads to then you could have one event for each region on one trigger, and do a loop to iterate through all the possible regions... like so:

Trigger:
  • Rally points
    • Events
      • Any unit owned by Player 8 (neutral) enters region a
      • Any unit owned by Player 8 (neutral) enters region b
      • Any unit owned by Player 8 (neutral) enters region c
      • Any unit owned by Player 8 (neutral) enters region d
    • Conditions
    • Local Variables
      • x <Integer> = 0
    • Actions
      • For each integer x from 0 to [max ammount of rally points] do actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • If Then Else
            • If (Conditions)
              • Triggering unit is in REGION_VARIABLE[x] == true
            • Then (Actions)
              • Unit - Order triggering unit to move to POINT_VARIABLE[x]
              • Break
            • Else (Actions)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
looks like the same how I did it, but without variables

event any unit enters 'hydralisk A'
event any unit enters 'hydralisk B'
event any unit enters 'hydralisk C'
event any unit enters 'hydralisk D'
event any unit enters 'ghost A'
event any unit enters 'ghost B'
event any unit enters 'ghost C'
event any unit enters 'ghost D'
(80 times)

condition

action if/then/else

if triggering region is 'hydralisk A'
then issue order to 'hydralisk B'
else

(80 times)

wow, I created it in 1 trigger !!

(goes slow after 30/40 though...)

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
The good thing about GFreak's solution is that the trigger he showed you doesn't get longer for each point. The trigger stays the same size no matter how many points you use(except you still need more events). You will however need to fill the array in some init trigger.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
no the trigger of Gfreak does not fix my problem since I got 80 banelings and they must ALL patrol to another location it's impossible to do this with 1 simple variable since the computer cannot know to which 80 regions the baneligs must patrolling

Siretu

Reaction score
Don't use the word "impossible" until you've mastered the editor. GFreak's solution is similar to yours, but uses two variables to keep track of where units are supposed to go. It does work.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
but whats the diffirence if I make 80 triggers to tell my banelings to patrol to locations or 2 variables (but trigger 80 variable data's)?

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
ok but I am VERY UNFAMILLIAR with region variables, I really need this step-by-step or I will give up already in start

Siretu

Reaction score
ALL variables are the same, really. The only difference is what they store. Again, think of it like a box. If it's a region variable, you put a region in the box. If it's an unit variable, you put a unit in the box.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.