move unit to point without stopping action.

mapguy

Reaction score
Some time ago I remember I used a custom text GUI code to make one of my units move without stopping its actions like attack spell etc...

do anyne knows the custom code that allows me to a a unit from X to Y without causing this unit to stops it's current action?

thanks

oh.
I also have a second question.

how can I make a unit play WALK animation?
I appears to be more complicated than I thought.lol

Dirac

Reaction score
Well im not on WE right now, but it has to do with playing animations by numbers through a jass script (the walk animation is different for each unit and can only be found through testing). As for the movement while casting a spell i suggest you to "slide" the unit forward using SetUnitX and SetUnitY instead of Move Unit to Location, those functions will move you unit and won't cause them to lose their current order, while moving it to a location will.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the walk animation is looping, just telling the unit to play the walk animation will not make the unit loop the walk animation.
one way i know would be to make the unit play the walk animation repeatedly, like, every 0.5 seconds, though, this is not a great thing to do.

To move a unit without interupting orders you have to use jass, there is a code which will let you manually set a units X and Y coordinate to anything you like.
I dont know the code by heart and i will not look it up for you now but i believe you can easily find it if you use the search function.
its somewhat along: "setUnitX(UNIT, X_VALUE)" or something like this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.