Movie Ticket

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Here be my movie ticket for an IT assignment ["Display" work, pfft]:

I've removed the school logo and the name.
attachment.php

I also need to have one more picture as a requirement, can be any that fits. Thinking if it looks good currently, info can't be changed.

The logo use to be where the yellow tint was.

Critiques? It's actually meant to be done during my class time but you know :thup:

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I feel it needs some kind of "theme." What's the feeling you're trying to portray? Since it's a movie ticket, I assume it's "fun" and "relaxing." If so, don't use Serif fonts. They're too formal and "business-like" for this.

Try to come up with a colour theme. The combination of colours is ... ugly, especially the red, yellow, and cyan combination.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
My IT teacher IS rather incompetant, so I don't think I need to do very good and i'll still get a good mark.

And uhm. I am not really trying to theme anything, teacher just gave us sheet with image, and said. DESIGN NAO. Literally.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Shouldn't movie tickets just be... ticket information?
Tickets don't need to look nice, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I feel it's too empty. Too much empty, black space.
Try to fill them up with something. Or perhaps reduce the size of the ticket and cram everything closely.

The font used is a little uninteresting. Some other fonts, maybe?

> one more picture as a requirement

Background, perhaps? Reduce the transparency and overlap the whole ticket.
Depending on the type of picture though.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Now that I'm serious.
I find that black isn't too good of a ticket color, shrug.
Try to keep it simple. It can look nice with good designs, but don't make it too cluttered. You have extra space, so make the text larger and spread out on different lines. You don't want to put information too close to the edges, maybe give it like a 1/2 - 1 cm margin from the gray.
The font doesn't seem nice either, some of it is too plain, and some of it is too fancy.
Maybe get a washed-out image as a background, that's what I did for my tickets in school.
But nice job, good luck :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Just try to choose more like colors. Perhaps one that fit with whatever the school's theme is/the movie's theme. ;)

Also, you can't go wrong with a nice, clean ticket. (As in, you don't have to overly-design it, it can just be some neat gradient with perhaps some glossy effect or whatever and it will look very nice)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.