Moving up and down freely at certain cliffs?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Hi, is there any possibility to allow movement up and down on certain cliffs? In WC3 I was able to do a similar thing by putting elevators between the gaps and then lowering them down to the ground, so it looked like you climbed up and down.

Another solution though could be if I was able to move the units by coordinates instead of locations... I bet it's just like in WC3, if you move a unit to a location it will instantly check if it's path-able there and if not move it automatically to the nearest placeable spot, but with coordinates you could move it anywhere...

Oh and a little extra question, anyone know if there is any damage unit command? Haven't been able to locate one...

Cheers and hope you can help me! :thup:

Severon

Reaction score
I haven't looked into it it much, but I remember seeing a elevator block doodad, this makes me assume you can put elevators in. That or you could modify the reapers jump cliff ability, or the colossus's cliff climbing ability to get the desired effect I believe.

You mean with triggers? I assume you do, if so then as far as a damage unit command I don't know, but I'm sure you can create the desired effect in a round about way. Since I don't have the editor atm I'm going to let someone else answer this one, cause I might tell you some really long drawn out way that wouldnt be as efficient as it could be.

CaptainYak

Reaction score
Hopefully I'm not oversimplifying what you want...

But there is a command under "Pathing" that lets you make certain areas fully climable, so monsters will just ignore what's there and walk normally.

Then there is the ramps you can add in.

Or if you use points you can just tell a monster to go from one point to another with a trigger.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.