Mr_Bean's Spell Workshop

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Mr_Bean355's
Spell Workshop

Introduction
If you need a spell for your Warcraft III map, then this is the place for you!
I will try my best to develop a smooth-running vJASS spell for you.You can check the progress of your request by referring to the Current Requests section, below.
Once I am finished with your request, I will upload it in a demo map as an attachment to this post.

Requirements
- Your completed attached request will be in a .rar archive. You will need software such as WinRAR to extract it. You can download WinRAR here: [LINK].
- To be able to open the demo map and import the spell, you will need JASS NewGen Pack. This can be easily installed by following these instructions: [LINK].
- Instructions on how to import your spell can be found in the Trigger Editor of the downloaded demo map.

Request Format
When giving your request, please do so in a format similar to the following:

- Spell Name:
- Levels:
- Target Type: unit/point/instant
- Cast Type: passive/active/auto-cast
- Detailed Description: (how it works, what it does)
- Cooldown:
- Mana Cost:

Credits:
Thanks to KaerfNomekop for completing trena99's request: Magic Amplification.

Accepted Requests
None.

Completed Requests

Attachments

• zero9x - Spell Pack.zip
    62.7 KB · Views: 408
  • polo2005 - Soul Shackle.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 371
  • Ulla_t - Cleave Spell.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 367
  • trena99 - Magic Amplification.zip
    25 KB · Views: 519
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Hmmm, I don't think I would be able to make such a good one as the Pudge Wars guy did. Wow, he is awesome :cool:

zero9x

Reaction score
I want to request 2 spells that can combo:

-Flying Stone
-Throw a stone to the Target Point, deals 70/140/210/280 dmg to enemies who block the way (and creat a sfx like Ancient Protector's missle). If the stone reach the Target Point, creat a Totem (last 1.5s) for Caster, if Caster come close the Totem (150 AoE), destroy it and he gain 50/60/70/80% of the mana cost.
-Point Target
-Normal
-75/85/95/105 mana cost
-Cooldown: 7,5s
(The totem can block the way like building, but its dummy :p)
(Creat sfx when unit take dmg)

...and the second spell

-Earth Shake
-Check the Totem from the map, if there is a Totem from any where on the map, destroy it and move the Caster instantly to the Totem's position, also deals 90/120/160/200 dmg and slow 15% to nearby enemies (315 AoE).
-Instant
-Normal
-70/80/90/100 mana cost
-Cooldown: 15s
(If there is no Totem, the Caster will order to stop)

hope u will help me :)

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Cool, I will be able to do these. When do you want them by? I am writing exams so I won't be able to complete them too quickly.

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
With Flying Stone, when you say "If the stone reach the Target Point", what do you mean? What can stop the stone from reaching the point?

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
With Flying Stone, when you say "If the stone reach the Target Point", what do you mean? What can stop the stone from reaching the point?
He means that as a caster, you click on a point, and then the projectile flies from the caster to the point. If an enemy is hit by the stone while it's traveling, the stone gets destroyed, the unit take damage and the spell is complete. If the stone misses all enemy opponents, it will stop traveling at the targeted point, creating a totem.

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Update:
I have some questions for you, zero9x (just for confirmation):
  • Throw Stone: Does the stone get destroyed when it hits one enemy or after hitting a few enemies? Or not at all?
  • Throw Stone: Can the Totem be destroyed? Or is it invulnerable?
  • Throw Stone: What is the cast range?
  • Earth Shake: Does it slow movement and attack speed by 15%?
  • Earth Shake: How long does the slow last?
You can also check your request's progress in the first post.

That's it for now!

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
then for the sake of fun, i would liek to request a spell:
Soul Shackle
levels: 1 (ultimate)
Target type: Aoe, ranged
CD: 30 sec
Mana: n/a
Description:
Targets an area and every unit that gets hit by it, leaves a "soul" (a wisp model) where they stand with the same hp as their max health (but no armor or any health regen or something else).
if the "soul" dies, the targeted unit of Soul Shackle also dies

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
then for the sake of fun, i would liek to request a spell:
Soul Shackle
lol If you want I could make that spell in like 5 minutes in GUI. I know it wouldn't have that smooth, JASSy feel to it but it'd do the job.

EDIT: Here it is if you wanna look at it.

Attachments

• polo2005 testmap.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 359

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
And what if the unit has more than 5000 health? You also leak a location.

Also, please don't steal my workshop.

Ulla_t

Reaction score
Cleave Ability (Not active).jpg
10 level ability; 20+(35 x level of ability) caos damage
It would be cool if it worked like a using spell, without clicking a location to fire it of.
You use it, and you hit the targets in front of you, istead of clicking the location. IF you know what i'm talking about! ;-)
And if its posible do a 120* instead of 90*.
and like 360 radius.
45 mana cost
4 seconds cooldown

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
And what if the unit has more than 5000 health? You also leak a location.

Also, please don't steal my workshop.
I guess I didn't mention that if units have more than 5,000 health he should scale up the health of the Soul. It was meant more as a 'look at this, and tweak the numbers if they don't work'. He also didn't specify what he wanted the AoE to be or things like that, so I just threw something together that seemed reasonable.

Sorry for overstepping bounds though, I didn't realize I shouldn't have done that. I just figured that he would want something soon-ish and I was open at the time. I'll refrain from making such posts in the future.

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
@ulla_t: What do you mean by "It would be cool if it worked like a using spell, without clicking a location to fire it of"? The spell is instant (like War Stomp)? Also, what do you mean by "And if its posible do a 120* instead of 90*"? Do you mean 120 degrees instead of 90 degrees? Also, what is the maximuim distance of the spell?
@Xan_Kriegor: No problem. I found a system that allows you to set a unit's maximum health, so that won't be a problem

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
lol If you want I could make that spell in like 5 minutes in GUI. I know it wouldn't have that smooth, JASSy feel to it but it'd do the job.

EDIT: Here it is if you wanna look at it.

pretty neat, but i didn't state my description propery, i need the wisps health to be exactly the same as the victims healts, as i have some spells and stuff that deals damage based on % health lost, wich would rigg the whole damge thing.
also if the victim dies, the soul should obv be removed as well.
The souls should be removed after 30 sec if you didn't manage too kill it.

@Mr_Bean355
would still want to request a jass version of this, as 1.21- doesn't support hashtables in gui

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Do you want there to be a visible link between the soul and unit (like a Chain Lightning effect, but not electricity)?

Ulla_t

Reaction score
Well, like an instant use, when you press the hotkey [W] - the spell will trigger instantly. Instead of choosing a target location, the cleave ability, will damage, all the units the [CleaveCaster] is facing.

zero9x

Reaction score
@Mr_Bean355: no, the projectile will be destroy if it reach the Target Point, and deals dmg to any enemies who block the projectile. (Like shockwave)
For example: if you target on your position, instantly creat a Totem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.