System Msgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
>i should've started implementing cjass
Submission Rules said:
cJass resources are not supported nor allowed here at Thehelper.net. This is due to the code being messy and the fact that it needs an additional tool to compile.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
i think it's quite safe to say that nobody ever would, or should use this submission

for starters, the code is completely unreadable

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
cJass isn't supported here for resources. This'll be graveyarded unless you convert it to vJass.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
honestly i have no idea how i could not implement the lua and objectmerger stuff in newgen despite having newest jasshelper and to think that cjass even comes with an installation wizard...it's so much more professional than vjass, it's not even funny and you guys have the nerve to call it messy? and constantly my code without white space you are calling messy, it's a big load of biased horse crap, i say.

and furthermore, the additional tool to compile is horse crap as well considering reinventing the craft is pretty much useless even though it's in newgen...if anything adichelper is very useful because it is implemented directly into newgen and you can enable and disable it just like you can the jasshelper. i think the only reason people don't download it is because they're not using robotic translation service to find the download link.

actually...on second thought...none of my resources has ever been approved on thehelper.net so making my code not be cjass would merely be a waste of time. and i'm not a russian so you guys are biased against your own english speaking coder, here. well, i suppose unless the rule is changed or ignored then i'll just know all my resources are in the graveyard. hmm maybe i'll put a link to your graveyard in my signature at another website.

Believe it or not, we are not out to get you. We're trying to keep the resources here as quality, and able to be read by newer people. I'm sorry to say, but no one will read your code if it's not properly indented. cJass is unsupported here precisely because it encourages such terrible coding practices.

If it was vJass, an actually readable (e.g. having some whitespace and indentation), we actually would consider approving the resource. Given that you properly documented it, it was readable, and it was useful, we would approve it, regardless of your attitude.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
actually, it's still in the graveyard. it has been since day one.
but since you guys can't read the code i'll convert it to vjass.

@narks, LOL the code is easier to read because it is in cjass.
look how you can view the entire code in a single screenshot.

oh i think i forgot to include the trigger with instructions.
updating post. hmm i wish there was a hidden/spoiler option.
when i put out vjass i could put cjass into the hidden brackets.

"cJass resources are not supported nor allowed here at Thehelper.net. This is due to the code being messy and the fact that it needs an additional tool to compile."

yeah...ouch. after actually downloading adichelper though, i'm very pleased.

honestly i have no idea how i could not implement the lua and objectmerger stuff in newgen despite having newest jasshelper and to think that cjass even comes with an installation wizard...it's so much more professional than vjass, it's not even funny and you guys have the nerve to call it messy? and constantly my code without white space you are calling messy, it's a big load of biased horse crap, i say.

and furthermore, the additional tool to compile is horse crap as well considering reinventing the craft is pretty much useless even though it's in newgen...if anything adichelper is very useful because it is implemented directly into newgen and you can enable and disable it just like you can the jasshelper. i think the only reason people don't download it is because they're not using robotic translation service to find the download link.

actually...on second thought...none of my resources has ever been approved on thehelper.net so making my code not be cjass would merely be a waste of time. and i'm not a russian so you guys are biased against your own english speaking coder, here. well, i suppose unless the rule is changed or ignored then i'll just know all my resources are in the graveyard. hmm maybe i'll put a link to your graveyard in my signature at another website.

i fnd it qite ridiculus that ur stil in de mindset that were all stoopid and ur some kinda god coz we cant read your code its not that we cant were not idiots its coz of the reasons stated in the sticky wich uve quite clearly red coz u quoted it nd i dont remember us being stupid or unble to read cjass being one of the reasons even if ur code was written in vjass itd still be unreadable coz of the horrible coding practices u use nd i cant believe u actually beleev the code is more readable remember that readability dosnt necesarily mean shorter code in fct its often the opposite but to a certain extent obviously making code bloated isnt the best way to achive wot u want to be honest i wouldnt have as much of an issue with u calling cjass more profesional if it wasnt for ur odd perceptions of gud coding practices not using intendation to inline ur code and separate individual blocks of code is silly and theres absolutel no reason not to do it unles ur tab button is broken in wich case get a new keyboard or sumtin ull find its much easier to read code thats been properly intended as its easy to browse through the code nd pinpoint areas of intrest whilst skipping code that doesnt concern u instead of having to read every single line for a similar reason we have naming conventions capital letters entirely for constants small for locals camelcase for members etc so that whoever is reading the code can immediately know what type of variable is being used without having to find the declaration this doesnt only reply to us stupid humans on thehelper who are totally incapable of reading anything remember but also to urself when ur going to come back to ur code in the future ull find it much easier to take a look through and see whats what im certain any true coding professional will agree with me just look at any real coding site that uses proper programming languages in fact a lot of ides actually auto indent code for these very reasons dont ever call bad practice professional its ridiculous also note that ur not some kinda child prodigy or god in fact ur coding skillz are far inferior to a good portion of this site so take advice from those better than u and learn instead of being so stubborn also were not in a war or anything against russa wot difference does it make welcome to the 21st century where ur from doesnt mean anything and if anything ur an embarasment to english speaking coders because of your poor practices stop hiding behind ur bad coding practices and calling it cjass

as for why im speaking like this well i figured it was a more efficient way to type because its shorter and no need for dum punctuation but i dont type like this often because ur all too stupid to read it.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> in defense of cjass, at least it does stuff like, define{im=i am;dum=moronic;de=the...}
Which is arguably a bad thing. vJass keywords and functions (especially with autocomplete) aren't painful to type. Everybody learns the same keywords, and everybody can read any code without having to see what certain things actually compile to.

> even as bad as your text was, i could still read it
You still missed the point? I'm sure you can't argue with the fact that it was more difficult to read. Also, reading code quickly isn't about how much you can fit on one screen. Indentation and blank spaces allow you to actually entirely skip parts of code whilst reading it. Your code forces you to read every line to see where each function begins and ends, if block begins and ends, etc. If you indent, you can simply do a mental jump over the parts of the code that don't currently concern you (irrelevant functions, ifs or loops that aren't in need of debugging, etc). I also mentioned naming conventions which allow you to easily tell whether a variable is a local, constant, member, etc; without having to go and find it's definition again. Ambiguous or meaningless variable names have a similar effect. [ljass]integer count[/ljass] is somewhat clear. [ljass]integer c[/ljass] requires you to look again at where the variable is defined or how it is used.
Scrolling through text isn't difficult enough (if at all?) to do to warrant having to take all possible means of shortening code.

Your current coding practices are awful in general, and they would be in JASS, vJass or cJass. Stop using cJass as an excuse for bad coding practices - any professional will laugh at you.

Hopefully I was clear enough this time...

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
like i already mentioned, being able to read the entire code of a library in a single screenshot means i can read the code much, much faster.
Not-sure-if-serious.jpg

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
JASS:
library MSGS{define{c_goldbrown="daa520";c_gold="ffd700";c_palegreen="7aff7c";c_pink="db7093";c_pretty="ee82ee"
c_grassgreen="7fff00";c_brightgreen="00ff00";c_brightblue="0000ff";c_aqua="00ffff";c_white="f0ffff"
c_black="000000";c_seagreen="7fffd4";c_twilightblur="20b2aa";c_twilightgreen="009966"
c_coralgreen="00fa9a";c_coralpink="f08080";c_coralblue="33aaff";c_plum="ba55d3";c_indigo="4169e1"
c_flowerpurple="aaaaff";c_green="32cd32"c_blue="4169e1";c_yellowgreen="adff2f";c_brightpurple="ff00ff"
c_paledenim="c3dbff";c_orange="ffa500";c_purple="da70d6";c_royalpurple="aa00ff";c_flowerred="ee2222"                             
c_grey="c0c0c0";c_gray="c0c0c0";c_redorange="ff4500";c_red="ff0000";c_spanishgreen="9acd32"
c_darkspanishgreen="6b8e23";c_brown ="995500";c_yellow="ffff00";c_sand="ffffcc"}//

string gtc(string x, string y){return "|cff"+x+y+"|r"}//colors text
string msggetcolor(integer x, string y){if x==0 then;return gtc(c_red,y);elseif x==1 then
return gtc(c_brightblue,y);elseif x==2 then;return gtc(c_aqua,y);elseif x==3 then
return gtc(c_purple,y);elseif x==4 then;return gtc(c_yellow,y);elseif x==5 then
return gtc(c_orange,y);else;return gtc(c_white,y);endif;return y}//colors text based on player color
integer GetPlayerTeamMSGS(integer playerid){if playerid==0 then;return 1;elseif playerid==1 then
return 1;elseif playerid==2 then;return 2;elseif playerid==3 then;return 2;elseif playerid==4 then
return 2;elseif playerid==5 then;return 2;elseif playerid==6 then;return 2;elseif playerid==7 then
return 8;elseif playerid==9 then;return 2;elseif playerid==10 then;return 1;elseif playerid==11 then
return 2;endif;return 3}//player number for team number//customize as needed
nothing msgally(real x, player y, string z, boolean ally){integer a=GetPlayerId(y),b=GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)
if ally then;a=-1;whilenot(a++>11){if GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)==b then;timedmsg(Player(a),0,0,x,z);endif}
else;a=-1;whilenot(a++>11){if GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)!=b then;timedmsg(Player(a),0,0,x,z);endif}endif}
nothing msgallyonly(real x, player y, string z){integer a=GetPlayerId(y),b=GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)
a=-1;whilenot(a++>11){if GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)==b then;timedmsg(Player(a),0,0,x,z);endif}}
nothing msgenemyonly(real x, player y, string z){integer a=GetPlayerId(y),b=GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)
a=-1;whilenot(a++>11){if GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)!=b then;timedmsg(Player(a),0,0,x,z);endif}}
nothing msgall(real dur, string s){integer i=-1;whilenot (i++>11){timedmsg(Player(i),0,0,dur,s)}}//standard text
nothing msgone(real dur, player p, string s, boolean one){integer i=-1,ip=GetPlayerId(p);if one then
timedmsg(p,0,0,dur,(s));else;whilenot(i++>11){if i!=ip then;timedmsg(Player(i),0,0,dur,s);endif}endif}}

There is an error in this code. If your code was normal, it would probably be very easy to spot. Can you find it at a first glance?

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
JASS:
library MSGS
{
    define
    {
        c_goldbrown="daa520";
        c_gold="ffd700";
        c_palegreen="7aff7c";
        c_pink="db7093";
        c_pretty="ee82ee"
        c_grassgreen="7fff00";
        c_brightgreen="00ff00";
        c_brightblue="0000ff";
        c_aqua="00ffff";
        c_white="f0ffff"
        c_black="000000";
        c_seagreen="7fffd4";
        c_twilightblur="20b2aa";
        c_twilightgreen="009966"
        c_coralgreen="00fa9a";
        c_coralpink="f08080";
        c_coralblue="33aaff";
        c_plum="ba55d3";
        c_indigo="4169e1"
        c_flowerpurple="aaaaff";
        c_green="32cd32"
        c_blue="4169e1";
        c_yellowgreen="adff2f";
        c_brightpurple="ff00ff"
        c_paledenim="c3dbff";
        c_orange="ffa500";
        c_purple="da70d6";
        c_royalpurple="aa00ff";
        c_flowerred="ee2222"                             
        c_grey="c0c0c0";
        c_gray="c0c0c0";
        c_redorange="ff4500";
        c_red="ff0000";
        c_spanishgreen="9acd32"
        c_darkspanishgreen="6b8e23";
        c_brown ="995500";
        c_yellow="ffff00";
        c_sand="ffffcc"
    }
    //
    string gtc(string x, string y)
    {
        return "|cff"+x+y+"|r"
    }
    //colors text
    string msggetcolor(integer x, string y)
    {
        if x==0 then;
            return gtc(c_red,y);
        elseif x==1 then
            return gtc(c_brightblue,y);
        elseif x==2 then;
            return gtc(c_aqua,y);
        elseif x==3 then
            return gtc(c_purple,y);
        elseif x==4 then;
            return gtc(c_yellow,y);
        elseif x==5 then
            return gtc(c_orange,y);
        else;
            return gtc(c_white,y);
        endif;
        return y
    }
// cbf this code is obviously useless    
//colors text based on player color
integer GetPlayerTeamMSGS(integer playerid){if playerid==0 then;return 1;elseif playerid==1 then
return 1;elseif playerid==2 then;return 2;elseif playerid==3 then;return 2;elseif playerid==4 then
return 2;elseif playerid==5 then;return 2;elseif playerid==6 then;return 2;elseif playerid==7 then
return 8;elseif playerid==9 then;return 2;elseif playerid==10 then;return 1;elseif playerid==11 then
return 2;endif;return 3}//player number for team number//customize as needed
nothing msgally(real x, player y, string z, boolean ally){integer a=GetPlayerId(y),b=GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)
if ally then;a=-1;whilenot(a++>11){if GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)==b then;timedmsg(Player(a),0,0,x,z);endif}
else;a=-1;whilenot(a++>11){if GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)!=b then;timedmsg(Player(a),0,0,x,z);endif}endif}
nothing msgallyonly(real x, player y, string z){integer a=GetPlayerId(y),b=GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)
a=-1;whilenot(a++>11){if GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)==b then;timedmsg(Player(a),0,0,x,z);endif}}
nothing msgenemyonly(real x, player y, string z){integer a=GetPlayerId(y),b=GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)
a=-1;whilenot(a++>11){if GetPlayerTeamMSGS(a)!=b then;timedmsg(Player(a),0,0,x,z);endif}}
nothing msgall(real dur, string s){integer i=-1;whilenot (i++>11){timedmsg(Player(i),0,0,dur,s)}}//standard text
nothing msgone(real dur, player p, string s, boolean one){integer i=-1,ip=GetPlayerId(p);if one then
timedmsg(p,0,0,dur,(s));else;whilenot(i++>11){if i!=ip then;timedmsg(Player(i),0,0,dur,s);endif}endif}}

and wtf is this:

JASS:
//player number for team number//customize as needed

it's like the code used to be indented, then he removed them after he finished coding

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't like our policies, or our website altogether, then feel free to go elsewhere. Nobody forces you to do anything, and we certainly don't need that kind of attitude here.

If, to the contrary and to my relief, you wish to stay with us and do something useful, then you should abide to the rules and not try to be a wise ass fooling around. That's actually the best way to have your resources stay right where they are - the Graveyard.

Now get to work, or get out. Don't insult the website or its users for your own mistakes.

Yours,
Sim

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Look, no one's pitted against you or whatever. If we are that many who disagree with you, there might be a reason. The reason is: there are rules, and they are to be followed, that's it. You do not wish to follow them, and that is a situation that tends to anger people.

You love cJass? Good for you, and I encourage you to keep using it! But when it's time to submit your resource, it's also time to abide to the rules. I was pissed off too, several years ago, when the JESP standard was made and was considered a must, for I didn't want to abide to it. But I did it because I had to, because it was in the rules.

This thread isn't an anti-cjass discussion, it's a discussion about your system which uses cjass, which is against the rules, and that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.