Multicast Trigger problem

DiFm

Reaction score
NEed help why isnt this working this is my multicast trigger to make even heroes be able to all cast same time.

Trigger:
  • MultiCast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is selected by (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Unit-type of (Matching unit)))))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in Group) Greater than 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set TARGETSTRING = (String((Current order of (Triggering unit))))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set TARGETPOINT = (Target point of ability being cast)
              • Set TARGETUNIT = (Target unit of ability being cast)
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Playable map area) contains TARGETPOINT) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Custom script: call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( GetEnumUnit(), (udg_TARGETSTRING), udg_TARGETPOINT )
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • ((Playable map area) contains TARGETUNIT) Equal to True
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderBJ( GetEnumUnit(), (udg_TARGETSTRING), udg_TARGETUNIT )
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Custom script: call IssueImmediateOrderBJ( GetEnumUnit(), (udg_TARGETSTRING) )
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TARGETPOINT)
          • Custom script: set udg_TARGETUNIT = null
          • Custom script: set udg_TARGETSTRING = null
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)
        • Else - Actions

The footman is justa test and it gets created but they Dont start the ability. the ability is based on channel. then there is an ability based on illusion the same thing happens there. but when i try breath of fire it works.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
EDIT: Channel + Illusion tend to stuff up.

When using illusion:
The raw id is: 852274
Example:
JASS:
call IssueTargetOrderById( Dummy, 852274, d.Caster )

With Channel, the best way is to edit the field:
Level 1 - Data - Base Order ID
To something else.
or
Text - Order String - Use/Turn On

DiFm

Reaction score
srry noob at jass, what is "dummy", "d." and "caster"

Dummy and caster are local unit variables?

Btw Chain lightning didnt work either so far only breath of fire worked i think it might have to do with it being point target ability. so any idea why the unit target and instant abilities dont work?

I think i know why. for some reason even if there is no targetpoint it doesnt return false.

Now i edited it to this :
Trigger:
  • MultiCast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is selected by (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Unit-type of (Matching unit)))))
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in Group) Greater than 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set TARGETSTRING = (String((Current order of (Triggering unit))))
          • Set TARGETPOINT = (Target point of ability being cast)
          • Set TARGETUNIT = (Target unit of ability being cast)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Playable map area) contains TARGETPOINT) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Custom script: call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( GetEnumUnit(), (udg_TARGETSTRING), udg_TARGETPOINT )
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Playable map area) contains TARGETUNIT) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderBJ( GetEnumUnit(), (udg_TARGETSTRING), udg_TARGETUNIT )
                • Else - Actions
              • Custom script: call IssueImmediateOrderBJ( GetEnumUnit(), (udg_TARGETSTRING) )
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TARGETPOINT)
          • Custom script: set udg_TARGETUNIT = null
          • Set TARGETSTRING = ""
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)

Now Both unit target works and instant but not point target... any idea why? And it became an infinite loop unless i used cooldown on the spells, any other idea to fix this if you dont want cooldown?.

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Now Both unit target works and instant but not point target... any idea why? And it became an infinite loop unless i used cooldown on the spells, any other idea to fix this if you dont want cooldown?.

The infinite loop is because your trigger fires, when you cast your spell, and then you tell another unit to cast your spell, which makes your trigger fire again, which makes your unit cast your spell again, etc. etc.

If you turn your trigger off at the start and then back on at the end, that should fix this. Its been ages since I last did editing, so i could be wrong :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.