Multiple Question (I am newbie)

Bankde

Reaction score
Sorry for my really bad English :confused:

First-I want to set the unit able to walk under the bridge.
(Usually the bridge use to walking over it) As in the picture(Attach Files), unit can only walk over it but not under. Can you solve this problem ?

Second-How can I set the level of unit more than 100 and set armor of unit more than 1000?

I have ever played COT ORPG and saw the level of unit as 670+ and its armor as 3000+ but I can only set the max level of unit to 100 and max armor to 1000. How can I set the level more than 100? or Do I need the expansion?

Third-I want my hero to learn the new skills by using the spell books (As same as in master crafter ORPG) with the max of 6 skills. How can I set this trigger? Do I need to set varieble?

Thank you very much!!

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> I want to set the unit able to walk under the bridge.

This really isn't possible. I've seen some system that uses a lot of code to try doing this, but I think it had some problems with it.

> How can I set the level of unit more than 100 and set armor of unit more than 1000?

In the Object Editor, if you hold the Shift key when you double-click on the field, you should be able to set it to whatever you want.

> I want my hero to learn the new skills by using the spell books (As same as in master crafter ORPG) with the max of 6 skills.

I'm not really sure how this works since I've never played that game. Could you explain it?

Bankde

Reaction score
>
> I want my hero to learn the new skills by using the spell books (As same as in master crafter ORPG) with the max of 6 skills.

I'm not really sure how this works since I've never played that game. Could you explain it?

In this game, when you use such as "Healing Spell Book" then your hero learn Healing Spell. When you use "Defend Spell Book" then your hero learn Defend Spell. And you may type -remove <Spell> as you want. The max spell you may learn is 7(In MC ORPG) but I want only 6. Hope you understand.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
First-I want to set the unit able to walk under the bridge.
(Usually the bridge use to walking over it) As in the picture(Attach Files), unit can only walk over it but not under. Can you solve this problem ?

no idea... im bad at terraining, can you make that bridge a flying unit, and make it's movement speed 0, so the bridge won't move.. and then units can walk below it... maybe....

Second-How can I set the level of unit more than 100 and set armor of unit more than 1000?

I have ever played COT ORPG and saw the level of unit as 670+ and its armor as 3000+ but I can only set the max level of unit to 100 and max armor to 1000. How can I set the level more than 100? or Do I need the expansion?

in gameplay constants, hold down the shift button and for the maximum levels for heroes, type in whatever you want...
for armor, make an ability that gives +XXXX armor, again by holding down the shift button and entering a high value...

Third-I want my hero to learn the new skills by using the spell books (As same as in master crafter ORPG) with the max of 6 skills. How can I set this trigger? Do I need to set varieble?

spell book tutorial

Bankde

Reaction score
Sorry but I didn't mean spellbook. I mean when you use the item and your hero learn the skills while you can also remove it with command -remove with max number of skill hero may learn is 6.
My trigger (No all correct)
Event-Unit using item
Condition-Unit=Hero
-Item type=Healing Book
Action-Triggering unit learn skill Healing.

But I'm not sure how to set max learnt skill to 6.

jig7c

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • A unit uses an item
    • Conditions
      • Unit-type of (Triggering unit) equal to Hero
      • Item-type of (item being manipulated) equal to Healing book
    • Actions
      • Set skills[player number of (owner of (triggering unit))] = skills[player number of (owner of (triggering unit))] + 1
      • If/then/else
        • If
          • skills[player number of (owner of (triggering unit))] equal to 6
        • Then
          • Display to Player(Owner of (triggering unit)): can&#039;t learn more than 6 skills
        • Else
          • Unit - Add Healing to (Triggering Unit)

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Player 1(red) types in -remove as an exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • .....your other actions...........
      • Set skills[player number of (owner of (triggering unit))] = skills[player number of (owner of (triggering unit))] -1

skills[player number of (owner of (triggering unit))] is an integer array variable

do this with all the abilites that the hero can acquire thru the "spell book"
with this... a unit can only have 6 different abilities...

jig7c

Reaction score
you can use this one trigger for all ten players, but only for one 1 skill....
so for each skill, you need to have a separate triggers...
unless if your have set all the skills to an ability array variable at map init.... in which case you can use Integer loop...

Bankde

Reaction score
Thank you very much.

Sorry but I have found the bug (for example) if I type -remove Healling Wave

So the trigger will remove skill Healing Wave from my hero then set varieble -1.

But if my hero don't really have skill Healing Wave but still type -remove Healing Wave. Is the varieble still -1 although the trigger don't remove the skill or Do I have to set condition about hero skill?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.