Murloc Madness

G

Gidgert

Murloc Madness (need map protector)

MAP STEALER WARNING: The_Satyr on US west was caught editing my map w/o permission!

------------------MURLOC MADNESS------------------

Well first things first, i just basicly want some feedback on my map so far.

Things I am working on: :)

1. Multiboard
2. Cinematics
3. Powerups
4. Unit lives

Things i would like to EVENTUALLY add: :)

1. Different game modes
2. Unit Ability "Knockback"
3. Custom Sounds (no idea where to get any :( )
4. Fun Mini games

Backstory:

Magicly seized to the island in the fog, the murlocs unkowingly lay in wait! Something catches your eye, its glowing, you move closer to inspect what it is. you pick up this glowing item and read the subtitbles, well looks like this could be worth alot back in town. As you pick up the item you hear a child screaming from a cage, you quickly turn around and see a murloc chewing on his skull. Cringing and stepping backwards you notice the murlocs staring at you holding their prized icon. One after another murlocs charge at you. you grow tiresome and they slowly vanish back into the fog. Hoping that they gave just to see a little murloc baby walk towards you. you bend down to touch when you hear a ticking sound then the ticking is gone. the baby murloc explodes and sends you flying backwards as the murlocs attack again with increased numbers. All the sudden you are stricken in the back and your vision go black. you wake up to see 3 other castaways on the island fighting for the icon while murlocs try and slaughter them, With greed in your eyes you fight w/ your life to get back what was once rightfully mine!

----------Tell me what i need to do to make my game better :D-------------
-------------------------ALL IDEAS WELCOME!----------------------------

New Murloc Madness: needs to be tested!
Known issues and bugs:
1. Holding the icon doesnt give you points
2. There is no win condition currently

Attachments

• Murloc Madness v2.57.w3x
    61.3 KB · Views: 341
G

Gidgert

Oh i also forgot to mention, if u want to know what the hell you are supposed to do, its basicly a dodgeing game w/ a twist. What i want to eventually do is make it not only so u have to dodge the murlocs but to try and get your "ally's" killed by using abilitys like push or something :/ thats a lame name for an ability lol.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters (region)
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Add AOE damage upon death (Big Mine) to (Triggering unit)
thats how you make the unit exploded

U are a noob

Reaction score
this trigger you got here is not good
Code:
Game Floor
    Events
        Unit - A unit leaves Game Region <gen>
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Castaway
    Actions
        Unit - Explode (Triggering unit)
i change it to
Code:
Game Floor
    Events
        Unit - A unit leaves Game Region <gen>
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Castaway
    Actions
        Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Powerup Region <gen>)

G

Gidgert

iono, i still think if a player leaves the game floor, he still has to be punished some way :-/. Perhaps spawn like, 10 murloc babies or something that run to the center and attack your guys.

Dont forget, All Subjestions are WELCOME!!!

U are a noob

Reaction score
Gidgert said:
iono, i still think if a player leaves the game floor, he still has to be punished some way :-/. Perhaps spawn like, 10 murloc babies or something that run to the center and attack your guys.

Dont forget, All Subjestions are WELCOME!!!
naw then that will make people make the titles for there games like"muloc madness NO NOOBS ALLOWED"that y you have to make the game easy to play and if you do think they should be punished you should make a hard mode for those who are good there you can put thens that punished the
You should try making a shop people can buy from llike invulerbilty or boots of speed to go faster or an item that has 10 charges and allows you to blink for 1 charge.
EDIT October 19th 2005 8:25 PM : i got a new one how about a item that makes aunits slow around you even the other castaways. that would be a cool thing to do

G

Gidgert

I am kinda hesitant to put items in, but i am planning on putting in powerups and abilitys for the castaways, now i have basicly finished the Wave system, changed the castaways to hero's.

Powerups: (what i am thinking of doing)

1. Super Speed, increase the speed of the unit picking up the powerup for X Seconds.

2. Murloc Morph, temporarily changes you into a murloc, (not sure what i should do for the effect)

Game:

1. Make lives for the "castaways".

2. Suicide Murlocs

3. Boss Murloc

4. Baby Murlocs (they may be small but they make up for it in brutal numbers)

Units:

1. Abilitys for the "castaways" (i need IDEAS)

2. Gain Exp for Level clear w/o dieing

3. Lose Exp for dieing

FYI: if you want the updated version or the newest available just ask :D

LOOKING FORWARD TOO MORE FEEDBACK!

U are a noob

Reaction score
1) hey all you need for lifes is like have a 5 charge ank of rencarnation the you got 5 lifes
abilitys hey you can do the thing is got up there in the other posts
invulerbilty, speed boost, and blink some thing like 15 second cooldown

U are a noob

Reaction score
Gidgert said:
2. Murloc Morph, temporarily changes you into a murloc, (not sure what i should do for the effect)
you should make the person who is the murloc to walk hella slow but if he gets near a castaway then the person whos next to him dies and the murloc cant be killed

G

Gidgert

yah that sounds pretty cool, like you turn into a murloc w/ a special effect on you so u can "kinda" tell you apart from the other murlocs, but the insta kill applys to you aswell and you hunt down the other castaways for X# of seconds.
then u are morphed back into a castaway.

U are a noob

Reaction score
Gidgert said:
yah that sounds pretty cool, like you turn into a murloc w/ a special effect on you so u can "kinda" tell you apart from the other murlocs, but the insta kill applys to you aswell and you hunt down the other castaways for X# of seconds.
then u are morphed back into a castaway.
yep thats what i just said but i think you should have a thunder clap move where you slow all people around you like murlocs and castaways

G

Gidgert

From the people that have been helping me test my map, they all seem to agree on having more of an objective than just dodging murlocs and getting other people killed by murlocs cause atm there really is no punishment for dieing, or for staying alive. So what do u think about have a "who can hold X item the longest" or a "coin battle" or even a retrieval, more ideas are welcome and if you want to help me test or make my game just im me :-D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.