Defense Mush v0.4 beta

drol

Reaction score
Mush v0.42 beta [updated]

Mush
a Castle Fight like map

v0.47 beta *UPDATED*

Worked on this map for a couple of weeks. It's a bit like Castle Fight and I would like to have some feedback on it. Its pretty stable and balanced if I say so myself, so check it out!

Gameplay
The objective of the map is to destroy the other teams castle, by doing so you win the game. The map is played 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4 or 5vs5. There is the ability to add computer players (put a computer in an empty player slot).

The unit you control in the map is your builder, which can build specific buildings depending on which race you picked. These buildings auto spawn units that fight their way to the enemy castle. Only thing for you to do is to choose which buildings to build, use items from your castle, and use your rescue strike properly.​

Features
- 9 playable races
- More than 64 unique units fighting on land, sea and air
- One legendary unit per race
- Computer AI (add computer slots)
- Randomizeable landscape
- Weather effect (able to turn off)​

Different than CF?
Mush uses three lanes to battle, one being a water lane for boats and air units only, giving the map a unique tweak. Also has different units with different abilities than CF. More fast paced action!​

Screenshots
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changelog
v0.47
- Items now are removed upon a new game
- Solved the empty dialog when a new game starts
- Dummy units aren't counted as idle units anymore
- Fixed several bugs regarding multiple matches in one game
- Fixed a bug when summer climate came after a summer climate

v0.46
- Made it possible to play multiple matches in one game
- Improved game choices
- Fixed sea lane
- Improved Rescue Strike for AI

v0.45
- Troll race implemented
- Fixed all AI for all races
- Map optimalizations
- Added quick game settings
- Added a damage reduction aura for the first 10 minutes
- Rescue strikes for AI are far more efficient
- Added a lot new abilities
- Tooltips typos fixed

v0.43 & v0.44
- Working on Troll Race (not yet implemented)
- Reworked income system, should have a better flow now
- Added some abillities to units and rebalanced
- Tooltips corrected
- Fixed a lot of bugs

v0.42
- Added Goblin Race (8th race)
- Added most legendaries build in score screen
- Rebirth no longer causes 3x dmg vs buildings
- A lot of tooltip fixes

v0.41
- There is an income command "Income" which displays income and income after taxes
- Fixed Darkness auto-cast
- Legendary ranged units now cast a spell
- Minor bug fixes

v0.4 (initial public release)
- 7 races added
Known Bugs
- Report them to me : )​

Credits
Map made by me (drol)
I would like to thank a lot of people for models I used (people from this forum and hiveworkshop) and some friends that alpha tested.​

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!
DOWNLOAD HERE

Attachments

• MushScreenshot.jpg
    MushScreenshot.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 2,700
  • Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 2,559
  • Screenshot2.jpg
    Screenshot2.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 2,542

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Different than CF?
Mush uses three lanes to battle, one being a water lane for boats and air units only, giving the map a unique tweak. Also has different units with different abilities than CF. More fast paced action!

i am sorry but if that is the only difference to castle fight i doubt you will get much resonance for this project.

why dont you try to add in some more special features?
like having the player get an avatar which can defend his base but cannot enter the lanes?
or making all fighting units into heroes which can level up and gain new abilitys?

i can imagine how hard you were working on the project but if this is nothing more then castle fight with an additional lane but less worked out design results in fail.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
It was rather entertaining, despite it bearing many similarities to Castle Fight.

However, I do see new races. That's always good.
The sea lane is rather interesting. However, I don't understand how a Human/High Elf Battle Ship managed to move on land. Plus it was floating.

Also, the single super unit thing is quite cool. Although its really boring that they do not have any awesome skills xD Some examples may be:
Lich Lord: Arctic Nova
Causes a massive shard of Ice to fall from the sky, dealing insane damage to an AoE and freezing random units. Other hit units are slowed (slow affects allies).

They may possibly use those awesome skills when attacking the Castle. It would be awesome :)

Mush is quite a cool idea IMO. To have a resource gotten by using other resources is a real cool idea.

Finally, the game gets laggy after a while 20 minutes or so. Please check the map for Memory Leaks and such.

Last suggestion:
Move trained units to the Rally point of the training building (if the rally point is too far, just move it 100 range or so towards the Rally Point). This could be helpful when you accidentally built a building wrongly and trained units got stuck.

drol

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys!

i am sorry but if that is the only difference to castle fight i doubt you will get much resonance for this project.

why dont you try to add in some more special features?
like having the player get an avatar which can defend his base but cannot enter the lanes?
or making all fighting units into heroes which can level up and gain new abilitys?

i can imagine how hard you were working on the project but if this is nothing more then castle fight with an additional lane but less worked out design results in fail.

The map has other diffences, such as a super unit each race can build. Just put the text down a bit fast so didnt name all the differences.

It was rather entertaining, despite it bearing many similarities to Castle Fight.

However, I do see new races. That's always good.
The sea lane is rather interesting. However, I don't understand how a Human/High Elf Battle Ship managed to move on land. Plus it was floating.

Also, the single super unit thing is quite cool. Although its really boring that they do not have any awesome skills xD Some examples may be:
Lich Lord: Arctic Nova
Causes a massive shard of Ice to fall from the sky, dealing insane damage to an AoE and freezing random units. Other hit units are slowed (slow affects allies).

They may possibly use those awesome skills when attacking the Castle. It would be awesome

Mush is quite a cool idea IMO. To have a resource gotten by using other resources is a real cool idea.

Finally, the game gets laggy after a while 20 minutes or so. Please check the map for Memory Leaks and such.

Last suggestion:
Move trained units to the Rally point of the training building (if the rally point is too far, just move it 100 range or so towards the Rally Point). This could be helpful when you accidentally built a building wrongly and trained units got stuck.

Very useful tips! Thanks, will work on them. Giving the super units specials was my plan, but havent worked it out yet.

About the Battle Ship thing, it's an air ship, so its suppose to float :p

Will check out if a rally point thing is possible.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Anyway, I checked the Rally point in-game. The unit will spawn at the rally point if its close to the building. So its ok :)

Anyway, really fun game. Playing it with my brother ATM.

EDIT: Ok. Had another game with him after dinner. I spammed 12 Phoenix Roosts and used Quad Damage = Instant Ownage xD
30 Minute game, but some bugs I noticed:
Its possible to choke the sea lane by building a line of harbours on the shallow water. This makes the boats stuck there and prevent allies from passing through.

drol

Reaction score
Anyway, I checked the Rally point in-game. The unit will spawn at the rally point if its close to the building. So its ok :)

Anyway, really fun game. Playing it with my brother ATM.

EDIT: Ok. Had another game with him after dinner. I spammed 12 Phoenix Roosts and used Quad Damage = Instant Ownage xD
30 Minute game, but some bugs I noticed:
Its possible to choke the sea lane by building a line of harbours on the shallow water. This makes the boats stuck there and prevent allies from passing through.

Cool, thanks for playing the game, I'm glad you like it :)

Will try to fix that bug, currently working on the legendary (super) unit abilities and minor bugs I found.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Submit your map here instead of uploading to a file-sharing site.

Not only will your map appear on the WET site, but it's also more convenient to download (no waiting and other problems).

drol

Reaction score
Submit your map here instead of uploading to a file-sharing site.

Not only will your map appear on the WET site, but it's also more convenient to download (no waiting and other problems).

Cheers!

Had problems with map size on the forum, but this is a great alternative :)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I discovered imbaness.

Check out the replay of pure epicness. Please create a folder in your maps folder called "Member's Projects" and put the public version there to test :) You'll experience awesome lag at 30+ minutes xD

EDIT: Added replay.

Attachments

• Mush!.w3g
    262.5 KB · Views: 315

drol

Reaction score
I discovered imbaness.

Check out the replay of pure epicness. Please create a folder in your maps folder called "Member's Projects" and put the public version there to test :) You'll experience awesome lag at 30+ minutes xD

EDIT: Added replay.

Oh my god, that replay showed me a lot, the map I uploaded is severly bugged, looks like no units are retrained. Think the protection of the map deleted all triggers. Gonna upload a new version with some fixes and which is way better playable than that version.

About the lag, viewing the replay I noticed a little bit of lag, but not much. Also got most of my triggers (especially periodic ones) with calls to clean up variables.

Gonna try to get an update on the map tonight!

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I'm not sur if you noticed, but some of the units seemed to be moving back to base in the replay. This caused a massive amount of units to be stuck there.

Anyway, will test out the new version.

drol

Reaction score
I'm not sur if you noticed, but some of the units seemed to be moving back to base in the replay. This caused a massive amount of units to be stuck there.

Anyway, will test out the new version.

Aye, thats not suppose to happen, but the version you played (the replay version) was severly bugged, looked like a lot of triggers were removed when converting the map to a protected version.

Got that fixed now :)

drol

Reaction score
Updated the map to v0.42!

Added a new race and some fixes.

Please try it out people, would appreciate any feedback about it : )

drol

Reaction score
*UPDATED to v0.45*

Quick Changelog
v0.45
- Troll race implemented
- Fixed all AI for all races
- Map optimalizations
- Added quick game settings
- Added a damage reduction aura for the first 10 minutes
- Rescue strikes for AI are far more efficient
- Added a lot new abilities
- Tooltips typos fixed

Download link: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=1520

drol

Reaction score
Note: The map was unplayable in multiplayer in v0.44, this bug is fixed.

drol

Reaction score
After a long time a new update; solved a lot of bugs in this map. Should be more solid now.

View changelog for the changes. Version 0.47 up!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.