Music

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
If I used a local file on the server in flash does it put it in their temp folder?

BlueSin

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it does, because Ive cleaned out my temp folder and was still able to load a game. Maybe it stores in the flash player folder?

Rad

Reaction score
lol

I dont really mind about it downloading to their temp folder, most people dont even know how websites work anyway so I dont really care. I just dont want to list all my songs as downloads, and rather have them play directly on my site...

They arent meant for downloading (At least I dont want them to be...) But theres always a workaround.

I could even set my microphone input to stereo, and record feedback through audacity... It comes out pretty clear if you have the volumes balanced out

I just want it to be easy and efficient with the current layout and work with firefox which shouldnt be a problem

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it does, because Ive cleaned out my temp folder and was still able to load a game. Maybe it stores in the flash player folder?

Um, it put it back? I know it has to store it locally, not sure where.

Rad

Reaction score
I got an idea that would probrably be alot easier or faster, how about I just embed the default player somewhere in my site (Probably will make a spot under the mainframe box)

And when you click the link, it sends something to a script (javascript?) that just makes the embedded player change to that sound, and start playing...

I already looked into this for making my buttons have sound, so Ill go look into that again and see if I can do it like that on my own...

Ill still appreciate a PHP/Flash or whatever script though, something small that stays on the main page, allowing me to change pages without breaking the song.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
I'll actually do the script right now since I'm bored and doing nothing.

What colors do you want the flash player to be?

Rad

Reaction score
Background = 404040
Font = ff8800
Links (titles, etc) = ffcc00
Font would be tahoma too

And FYI... The songs are in my "/Files/" directory, then I sorted them into folders, but if it would be easier I could just move them all to "Files/Music/"

Unless I am adding each song, then I'll worry about that ;)

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
The Files/Music is easier ><

P

Persen

Not much:D

I got an idea that would probrably be alot easier or faster, how about I just embed the default player somewhere in my site (Probably will make a spot under the mainframe box)

And when you click the link, it sends something to a script (javascript?) that just makes the embedded player change to that sound, and start playing...

I already looked into this for making my buttons have sound, so Ill go look into that again and see if I can do it like that on my own...

Ill still appreciate a PHP/Flash or whatever script though, something small that stays on the main page, allowing me to change pages without breaking the song.
Well for this you could put the player in a hidden frame... The music would, as you probably know, still play when the other frames change.

Rad

Reaction score
Good idea, is there a way to make the links open in a different frame? I know theres _parent and _blank etc...

Havent messed with it yet (battlefield :rolleyes: )

P

Persen

battlefield? cool:D

well to use frames you have to create a frameset page, something like this:

HTML:
<!-- everything as normal, except you make no body tags -->
<html>
<head>
 <title>duh</title>
</head
<frameset rows="*,0" border="0" frameborder="0">
 <frame src="your main page" name="main">
 <frame src="music player" name="player">
</frameset>
</html>
not 100% complete, was some time since I did frames, untested etc...
The borders may show = not good, but it's not difficult to hide em, just that I didn't test it

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
So you want me to just do that instead of flash? I could do either one.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
If I use two frames like you suggested, it would play music while the 1 frame loads :p

Rad

Reaction score
Any progress on this? Ill be honest I havent messed with it too much either, well, at least getting anything I did mess with to work :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.