My broken NUON. I have a NUON that is starting to have a disc problem so I want to give it away

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I want to send my halfway broken NUON to a YouTuber. Who should I send it to? I think I should send it to John Hancock. I got a NUON N501 with a DVD drive problem. My wish is I can donate it to a YouTuber and they document the fix! I am trying to get YouTube videos done on the NUON which YouTuber do you think would be best to hype the NUON?

V-SNES

NUON Lover!
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm. Are you looking to send it to a YouTuber that can fix it/get it fixed or promote the platform? Or both? If you were to send it to a video game repair channel, then I'd consider sending it to TronicsFix. His channel has 1.09 million subscribers and he does a lot of repair videos for Nintendo switches, PS5, etc., a handful of which are consoles that people sent to him to fix for the video. He would definitely have the skills to fix it. If I had to choose a YouTuber to do a review of it and promote the platform, I would choose MetalJesusRocks. He's definitely one of the most recognized retro gaming YouTubers out there and has not done a video on the Nuon.

Last edited:

mgarcia

You may change this now in User CP
Reaction score
John Hancock is a con artist (with his "museum" scam)... most retro gamers youtubers are hoarders and grifters IMO.
Send it to a youtuber that does electronic engineering, maybe pay them and get it sent back... or just skip the youtuber bit.

If you want to see more Nuon content on youtube, start a channel ;)

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have a video where i replaced the drive in my samsung player, works great since then. I found a donor dvd player on ebay and did it. I since found one at a pawn shop that is sitting in my closet in case I need it later. It was not a real hard ordeal, I am sure you could fix it

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have a video where i replaced the drive in my samsung player, works great since then. I found a donor dvd player on ebay and did it. I since found one at a pawn shop that is sitting in my closet in case I need it later. It was not a real hard ordeal, I am sure you could fix it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.