My mouse is frozen

L

leb120

BF has worked fine on my computer before but at a LAN in the middle of a BF game my mouse just stopped working. I have the latest patch (v1.45) and the latest directx (v9.1 b).

Comp Stats:
-1.29 GHz AMD Duron
-256 MB PC133
-nVidia GForce 4 MX 440 64MB
-Silicon Integrated Systems sound card (crappy, i know)
-A Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical (with latest drivers)
-A standard PS/2 Keyboard
-On board 10/100 Network Card

If any one can help I would really like getting to play BF.

Thanks

Dabom

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Uninstalling, deleting your Battlefield folder, and then reinstalling should do the trick.

L

leb120

Thanks, I ended up asking a firend on AIM who happened to know to delete all profiles except Default and Coustom. Then copy everything in default into coustem. It did the trick. Thnaks and you trick would have done it too.

U

Unregistered

I tried the exact same thing but it didnt work for me, and i have the same problem. As soon as i load it up, the mouse freezes and i can't do anything. I have RtR as well but that didnt help, so i dont no wat to do?help as i want to carry on killin sum Germans.....

S

same problem

me too

when i load up the game, my mouse doesn't move!

G

got it

i found the answer

I went to the ea games technical support, because I had the same frozen mouse problem. Here's what I did:

1.Go the start menu
2. Click "run"
3. type in --- C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings --- and then press enter.
4. Go the the folder which says "Profiles" on it.
5. Double click it.
6. Delete all of the folders inside the profile folder.
7. Exit out of the window.
8. Run Battlefield 1942, the mouse will work fine, but you will have to simply re-create your profile name.

Note: This will not delete any important information, just the profiles you created after installing and playing the game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.