My Upcoming Conscription Service.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I am sorry but any pirate stupid enough to go after an Israeli Naval vessel deserves what they are going to get. You don't mess with those guys they are badasses.
Maybe! But would they be badass as Pirates of the Caribbean?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know. It will be clear after the conference. As far as I know, basic training lasts about 2 months.

If they refuse Or, can't be in the service? Then what happens?

You're sentenced to jail time (if you keep staying in the country) and a delayed military service. You don't gain anything.

How long will you be gone? The news section is going to be pretty empty :(

The service lasts about 1 year.

There could be many reasons why he died, it could have been his own neglect aswell, not just neglect of the military. If he hadn't been drinking water before training, that's a big no-no in the military. Also, he probably died of a heat stroke, not heat exhaustion.

According to local news report, he was punished without a good reason, suffered from heat during his punishment, was then sent to a hospital, and died there.

12 commanders were sentenced for military neglect.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Just treat it as a gym camp or something like that ;)
An opportunity to gain some lean muscle.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
We only do workouts for 2 weeks. :/

How is that? Most militaries typically have a set amount of time during the day for physical training. That doesnt make sense to me, but then again I am not in Taiwans military. I'm in the U.S. military and we do that and go about for the days duty (or basic training sometimes called boot camp) we would continue our days training afterward.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea. I haven't been to the upcoming conference yet, so I'm just in the fog as you are.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea. I haven't been to the upcoming conference yet, so I'm just in the fog as you are.

You will know a bunch more at the end of the conference. Maybe you will share? Would be interesting to know what you guys have to do.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Na, not doing anything fancy. Just preparing nuclear warheads aimed at the western world.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Haha, damn tom... I will carry on the legacy... Until you get back ofcourse... If you don't die in the process! Which would be utterly devastating, that I would host an online funeral for you! Which would be an image of a coffin that is preparing to go down, and people on the sides in black! But odds are high you'll live.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a shame, we'll miss you. :(

Best of luck.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha, damn tom... I will carry on the legacy... Until you get back ofcourse... If you don't die in the process! Which would be utterly devastating, that I would host an online funeral for you! Which would be an image of a coffin that is preparing to go down, and people on the sides in black! But odds are high you'll live.
Please do continue the legacy.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Doesn't every person get conscripted for a few years there?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Not girls though.

Well that's a given, they're not allowed in most military services for a reason.

Anyway, have fun, and try to enjoy the experience. At least in the US (where we obviously don't have mandated military service), there are a LOT of people that, despite their best intentions and desires to serve in the military in some capacity, are unable to because of the strict and typically unfair physical requirements.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.