My version of pretty cliffs...

punwisp

Reaction score
Pretty... :3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You get the idea how epic it can be. Making this kind of stuff is lot more advanced and powerful/better/easier then in WE.

The transition part just makes this so... Awesome :D

I used the char tileset btw

every tileset seems to have a tile PERFECT for mountains or cliffs like these for stuff like this.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
Well, what i hate about sc2 editor is that cliffs take 2x more space than in wc3. That is why i am unable to move my wc3 vampirism map overthere.

punwisp

Reaction score
Well, what i hate about sc2 editor is that cliffs take 2x more space than in wc3. That is why i am unable to move my wc3 vampirism map overthere.

You mean in filesize? If not, I made these cliffs a bit too huge imo, the scaling when terraining is hard to judge sometimes. And the brush size range and shape is pretty wide in variety.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
if you create a single cliff somewhere, unit can go and stay in there. On single one in wc3 nothing would...

Advice D.

Reaction score
Do you have a solution for units seeing up these "cliffs"? This is the only problem I have with this approach to cliffs (excluding space platform and urban tilesets, where normal cliffs just look awesome).

Reaction score
Do you have a solution for units seeing up these "cliffs"? This is the only problem I have with this approach to cliffs (excluding space platform and urban tilesets, where normal cliffs just look awesome).

I'd say mass sight blocker doodads are the way to go. That, or finding a way to limit unit's sight radius vertically. Either way, it seems to be a lot of work due.

Advice D.

Reaction score
I'd say mass sight blocker doodads are the way to go. That, or finding a way to limit unit's sight radius vertically. Either way, it seems to be a lot of work due.

Mass vision blockers also effect looking down pseudo-cliffs, as they are technically on the same cliff level and cannot see over them. Another problem is cliffwalkers/jumpers not being able to scale pseudo-cliffs. For the time being, I'm going to stick to my resentment of the 2-bit cliff level limit. Makes you wonder what Blizz were thinking, bringing cliffs back to the SC1 limit (one up, one down, one unpathable) in a game with two units based around scaling cliffs.

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Mass vision blockers also effect looking down pseudo-cliffs, as they are technically on the same cliff level and cannot see over them. Another problem is cliffwalkers/jumpers not being able to scale pseudo-cliffs. For the time being, I'm going to stick to my resentment of the 2-bit cliff level limit. Makes you wonder what Blizz were thinking, bringing cliffs back to the SC1 limit (one up, one down, one unpathable) in a game with two units based around scaling cliffs.

btw. is it possible for a unit to go down the cliff only? so like a system that emulates a physic system in which you can fall down but dont jump up^^

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Good work, but there are some weird rectangles on the cliff at the center and right side of the picture. Maybe you should check up the word "Moire effect" on wikipedia and texture after this principle.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
costamv.jpg

That is what I am talking about. Because of cliff size it is impossible for me to move my Vampirism Map to Sc2. That is also why I am not going to purchase it.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
bcos units won't move that fast, as due to double size cliffs my map from 128x128 will have to get to 256x256. Even if size is increased this won't fix movement speed issue. Game over.

BoreCzech

Reaction score
Do you know you can modify cliff in the data editor? you can completely change their scale, you can have cliff with height to the knees of the units and it will be still working as cliffs with all the pathing and sight things. I've just tried it out, and it just have some ploblem with texture on it, you will probably have to paint the textures on it with brush tool...
Don't give up so soon, there are still things and posibilities within the editor that people don't know or understand yet... especially in the data editor, its so complex, that most ppl dont even bother with learning how to use it...

punwisp

Reaction score
costamv.jpg

That is what I am talking about. Because of cliff size it is impossible for me to move my Vampirism Map to Sc2. That is also why I am not going to purchase it.

Change the collision of the unit, and just because of that tiny little fault, doesnt mean you shouldn't get the game >.>

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.