Sci/Tech Mysteries of Saturn revealed: Nasa probe captures clearest views of planet's rings and 'tiny moons.'

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Nasa's Cassini probe has tumbled into a new orbit that has given it a spectacular new view of the planet's most famous feature - its rings, giant orbiting discs made of water ice and dust.
The new views Cassini has captured are the sharpest the probe has 'seen' in years - and are allowing scientists to track tiny 'mini-moons' within the rings, carving out trails in the ice as they orbit the huge planet, the solar system's second largest

It has been two years since Cassini has had such clear views of Saturn's rings.
The Nasa team behind the probe say, 'These views are possible again because Cassini has changed the angle at which it orbits Saturn and regularly passes above and below Saturn's equatorial plane.

'Steeply inclined orbits around the Saturn system also allow scientists to get better views of the poles and atmosphere of Saturn and its moons.'

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how the sky looks like when you are on saturn (i know its not really possible for humans to be) but are those rings visible from the planets surface?
I bet they look gorgeous.

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
Earth sux, we need a better planet. I imagine living on a moon of Jupiter must be a really fantastic view.

Greek Mythology, religion in general, would have been so much more interesting then. The visual treat would be literally breathtaking, perpetually.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.