Mysterious new HotS unit

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
WhiteRa dislikes the new units. SO DOES THE ENTIRE PROTOSS RACE NOW ! Except the nexus <3 u !

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
"I can attest to how broken the shredders are.
A buddy and I were just toying around and he dropped 2 shredders on my mineral line. Burrowed them and had to pull all my drones. I sent 5 mutas to kill them thinking they couldn't attack air.
I was wrong. They destroyed my mutas but I was able to take out 1 of the shredders. I then sent 5 roaches and a single shredder took my 5 roaches down to about 50% health.
The shredders also killed my hatch's larva...my larva!
I really don't see any weakness or counter to the shredder."

A comment from the teamliquid site Siretu linked... Terran even more OP now?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Sadly all I can say is that there might be a huge need of a few balance patches... fast...

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
does anyone know if the battle helion is a researchable upgrade or comes with the helion? Apparently it comes with the helion, so does that mean no more 15 hatch?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
why would this ruin the 15 hatch? im assuming its not research-needed just like the viking

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Because if the hellions can suddenly turn into durable battle hellions in the middle of your base at 7 minutes in the game, you probably want to make sure that doesn't happened. It's easier to stop hellion harass if you only have one base.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
it sounds like all my practice in custom will be useless, the mechanics of the game are going to change so much

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it sounds like all my practice in custom will be useless, the mechanics of the game are going to change so much

Of course your practise will not be wasted. The mechanics are not actually going to change much, it will just be additions to the existing mechanics.

GFreak45

Reaction score
not wasted necissarily, but not sufficient anymore... i spend less time playing melee than most people so it takes me a lot longer to catch on to the different cheese strats and how to counter them, which decide most games

EDIT: Most games in my league, which im not gonna say since its not good lol

Nigerianrulz

Reaction score
Because if the hellions can suddenly turn into durable battle hellions in the middle of your base at 7 minutes in the game, you probably want to make sure that doesn't happened. It's easier to stop hellion harass if you only have one base.

this. And it seems like those battle hellions are quite beasty, i wonder how much a zerg's economy going to suffer even on 1 base.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Nobody ever goes hellion in lower leagues, let alone use them to harass properly. i think i'll be safe from this for awhile. watching regular hellions is a pain on the pro level, so im going to hope this is not as useful as we think it will be.

GFreak45

Reaction score
i could see them being easily countered by some upped lings, so fast they arent in a line for long enough to do any real damage

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
So I decided to try out terran. I am the one in purple as always. This is what I did to a diamond zerg. He was mid diamond... but... you get the picture. Hellion only.

Yes, that is a tripple expand lol

c7e24218aaec8402.jpg

Nigerianrulz

Reaction score
So I decided to try out terran. I am the one in purple as always. This is what I did to a diamond zerg. He was mid diamond... but... you get the picture. Hellion only.

Yes, that is a tripple expand lol

c7e24218aaec8402.jpg

now imagine mass hellion that gets more dmg and more health. Somehow terran always gets the better units that requires less micro.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
This is half a truth. If you just A-move both sides forces are most equal (again protoss and zerg require better positioning but not what we are looking at at the moment) Thing is that terran has much higher skill cap. With charge or ling micro you can go this far. With enough micro marines and medivacs alone counter everything, same goes for hellions MMM, tanks and the likes, basically the possibilities for terran micro are much higher than the other two races, that is why they are considered "op" by a lot of people.

So... this is something which blizzard should look at.

GFreak45

Reaction score
1 fast expansion max mineral harvest almost no vespene (150 total for the reactors) and rush marines, i won 4 games in a row like this, the problem is it is very vulnerable to cheese

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
seems legit. The reason why I win against more skilled opponents than me as terran is that the most powerful thing of this race are the SCV's. The second you come a bit ahead in a battle or you exchange armies and have equalish amounts of army you just pull all the scv's out of one of your bases and you win or you cripple your opponent that much that it doesn't matter how many SCV's you've lost. ^_^ It is something which the other races must always be prepared for, like you must look out for proxy pylons and keep track of the macro hatches.

GFreak45

Reaction score
seems legit. The reason why I win against more skilled opponents than me as terran is that the most powerful thing of this race are the SCV's. The second you come a bit ahead in a battle or you exchange armies and have equalish amounts of army you just pull all the scv's out of one of your bases and you win or you cripple your opponent that much that it doesn't matter how many SCV's you've lost. ^_^ It is something which the other races must always be prepared for, like you must look out for proxy pylons and keep track of the macro hatches.
Is it just me or did he just suggest attacking enemy bases with scvs? I think one of us may have developped dyslexia but I'm not sure who...

Btdubs... just tried out the bradok strat in a pub and it worked like a charm, he had me defending a while with the ravens I had but he couldn't kill any of them cause of the PDDs and it got to the point where I had 16 ravens and could clear bases like nothing and I could kill his running bases (he was tarran) just spamming turrets in a line chasing them, worked like a charm, lost very few units other than my eg cheese reapers

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.