Mysterious new HotS unit

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
damn i was just talking casually, i dont plan to play in any major tournaments, what is up with you today accname... raging all day

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
damn i was just talking casually, i dont plan to play in any major tournaments, what is up with you today accname... raging all day

Thats nothing.
If you are really brave you write that into a comment on youtube and you can see how the flame-wars start.
Starcraft 2 became serious business lately.

GFreak45

Reaction score
Starcraft 2 isnt serious business because its umm... Starcraft 2... and thats the exact reason i dont post anything other than league and minecraft stuff on youtube right now, because im prow with league, or use to be when i still played every day, and minecraft is less flame-centered and more of a community game

but generally most of the posters on youtube are little kids who just flame all day long after they ditch school, slowing causing their brains to litterally deteriorate, i assume by the time they are 20 they will be paste eaters

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
So... if StarCraft 2 isn't srs bsns, then I suppose MLG isn't srs bsns. We can just throw out the five/six digit payouts so many tournaments give out and the multitude of business they generate. Or their massive fan bases. Or... you know... The fact that professional gaming is becoming a bigger business than a ton of other things. Or even that it's South Korea's National Sport.

GFreak45

Reaction score
what %age of the beginning players actually hope and dream to be massive tournament winners?
when that goes from the 1-5% it is to 50%+ like actual sports id take it more seriously, and even then more developed forms of entertainment are still not taken seriously all over the place, the super bowl is watched equally for the sport and for the hilarious commercials... nothing is serious enough to be anal retentive about it 100% of the time, and im not a serious player i dont plan on joining any tournaments and 6 digit payouts from the biggest tournies isnt that much, thats saying the biggest, average are probably in the 3s/4s (max) and are over-spammed with unskilled players that are pro cheesers

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
what %age of the beginning players actually hope and dream to be massive tournament winners?
when that goes from the 1-5% it is to 50%+ like actual sports id take it more seriously, and even then more developed forms of entertainment are still not taken seriously all over the place, the super bowl is watched equally for the sport and for the hilarious commercials... nothing is serious enough to be anal retentive about it 100% of the time, and im not a serious player i dont plan on joining any tournaments and 6 digit payouts from the biggest tournies isnt that much, thats saying the biggest, average are probably in the 3s/4s (max) and are over-spammed with unskilled players that are pro cheesers

this is probably getting out of hand a bit but are if there are 50% pro players then it really isnt pro anymore is it...
you do realize that in any sports the pay from winning tournaments doesn't matter? Its the sponsors that gives them the money.
The point to take away here is just make more accurate claims next time and everything will be alright.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever you think how "serious" or not this game is, you have clearly witnessed, that saying "i can pump out 150 marines in the first 5 minutes" will pretty much result in spam and flames or at least a larger discussion.
I would think thats an indicator for "serious".
However, i like strategy games and talking about tactics. If somebody comes up with a tactic which is obviously fake my nerd chills are forcing me to state the obvious.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Guys. I have a great strategy for Terran. It's really easy. Since we all know Terran is op, we just have to mass Marines.

Here's my BO:

6 Supply Depot
6 Barracks
6 Barracks

Then we pump marines and add on Supply Depots when we run low on minerals.

Using this method, I can get 200/200 in the first 3 minutes.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok guys, probably time to end this part of the discussion and get back on topic, otherwise this thread will keep spiralling downhill and then be locked.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Ok guys, probably time to end this part of the discussion and get back on topic, otherwise this thread will keep spiralling downhill and then be locked.

This.

And here are a few things just for the records:

If SCII is serious or not it depends on the place, in Korea it is like a relligion, in my country few people know it exists.

There is no way you can max with any race under any conditions in the early game. The fastest possible max out is the zerg macro roach all in cheese, which hits ~13th minute.

GFreak45

Reaction score
if there are 50% pro players then it really isnt pro anymore is it...
read before you respond please

and everyone else, sorry if i misled you to mean that i was stating a fact, i was merely talking about a strat i was interested in, never claimed i was pro and i never wanted to, but when i got barraded by people factchecking me and taking shots at me i got defensive, last thing ill say on the subject and sorry to everyone especially BC for getting so off topic, now back on topic please :(

only iv forgotten what the topic was by now

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
No problem, these discussions tend to swing in different directions all the time. ^_^

[video=youtube;5NMiKsAYpBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NMiKsAYpBI[/video]

This is nice to watch, nothing too new, but hey, nice presentation.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Guys. I have a great strategy for Terran. It's really easy. Since we all know Terran is op, we just have to mass Marines.

Here's my BO:

6 Supply Depot
6 Barracks
6 Barracks

Then we pump marines and add on Supply Depots when we run low on minerals.

Using this method, I can get 200/200 in the first 3 minutes.

funny, reminded me of a 3v3 gold league game I played, I fast expanded to both golds and spammed orbitals and marines everywhere

cant believe i won that

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I did that once too ;P I did basically a 14 hatch 15 hatch 16 hatch 17 hatch pool when I had the money drone up until all bases are saturated then mass zerglings with 3/3 upgrades.

I lost because they went Helions :(

GFreak45

Reaction score
i wonder if mass spamming the swarm hosts and tempests will be viable in HotS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.