Mysterious new HotS unit

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like a super-powered phoenix.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i was honestly hoping it was a ground unit, but the pic kinda shot those dreams outa the sky... thats air, no doubt about it

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
looks like shit. The only new unit who looks good is the zerg one.

The starport tech tree is okay. The voidray and phoenixes aren't exactly viable in every match up (only good against Z actually) but I don't see how this can be fixed by adding an air unit.

The only way it won't be shit if it is a gateway mechanical unit like the sentry, a fast gliding harassment unit or something... but who are we kidding, this looks like a medium sized battle ship.

GFreak45

Reaction score
id have to agree, id like some kind of fast air ship if it is air... maybe something that moves more like a ground unit (fast x/y acceleration/deceleration) and has the rail gun properties to be able to move while attacking

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
It could be a replacement for the phoenix.
Just as they had plans to replace the Overseer.
I can't really think of a job where you'd need another protoss air unit for (especially one that looks like it attacks air exclusively).

GFreak45

Reaction score
idk... that thing in the middle could go straight down mothership style and blast the ground...

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
looks like Urun a bit

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
idk... that thing in the middle could go straight down mothership style and blast the ground...

I've seen people in other forums say the same - and I quite honestly can't understand how to get to this conclusion. I'd basically be melee then. And it really doesn't looks like a good melee unit (looks fragile). Also there's a reason why they removed the planet cracker from the mothership: it sucked.
Might've looked good but gameplay-wise it just didn't do good.

GFreak45

Reaction score
but a smaller, more spammable version might be good, not necissarily the same thing but like a drop beam on a fast agile aircraft could be cool

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah but phoenix is stargate harass
DT is gateway harass
This unit maybe robo harass ?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone agrees on that, even I do. Thing is, unless it makes AoE damage, it will be useless for starhate. If it DOES make AoE dmg though it will be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE news.

GFreak45

Reaction score
Thing is, unless it makes AoE damage, it will be useless for starhate.

lool, starhate, ima use that from now on... and some aoe damage would be niiiiiiice... lol
i can imagine a plasma ball falling from the middle part dealing huge aoe damage when it hits the ground haha... like a hunter seaker missle, way op when it first comes out

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
exactly, that would be epic, since the archons and HT's can't really be compared to the collosus in terms of safe play. With another safe AoE unit the toss army would look much scarier

GFreak45

Reaction score
personally i like HTs, but u need really good micro to keep them alive and get max useage, but with just a few of them u can get quite a storm goin that really rips through the usual zerg/terran spam

pun definately intended

GFreak45

Reaction score
i think u mean safe air unit... no1 wants an air unit that has to be almost directly over its enemies if its incredibly vulnerable and squishy... which as far as air units go, a ton of them are so

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think u mean safe air unit... no1 wants an air unit that has to be almost directly over its enemies if its incredibly vulnerable and squishy... which as far as air units go, a ton of them are so

Yet it would be too OP if it did decent AoE damage and wasn't squishy...

GFreak45

Reaction score
but if it did ok with both or had a high resource cost it may not be tooooo op

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.