Mysterious new HotS unit

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
I suspect Blizz trolls us all and now makes it a melee ground tank. And gives it to Terran.

GG.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
For the record: If protoss gets an AoE air unit, I'll switch to protoss. Feel free to quote me on that.

Im just going to retire from multiplayer play completely. Dealing with archon, HT and collasi splash is bad enough as it is

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
archon splash is bad enough as it is

isn't it only like 5% of the damage that get splashed?

and don't all the races have a more or less equal amount of splash?

archon, HT and collasi splash

banelings, mutas, ultras, and fungal

hellions, siege tanks, thors, and seeker missle

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
For the record, the archon does 3 splash damage to roaches (5 to unarmored bio units, else it is 3 I think) That is hardly splash damage. What gives it power is that it is like a biological immortal.

The collosi have good splash I agree. The HT's in order to kill something with their splash... you need to storm 1 group of units a 3-4 times, which is really cost uneffective compared to the collosi, also there are lots of easy ways to dispatch of the HT's for every race (even in pvp you can kill them with phoenixes, DT's, chargelots)

It is just my assumption we will see.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Archon damage:
100% damage in 0.25 AOE
50% in 0.5 AOE
25% in 1.0 AOE

Though the size of the units you attack will make surrounding units mostly be in the 50%/25% area.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
It works on 100% only on zerglings, 50% on marines. Anything from marauder, roach and beyond gets 25% (not 100% sure for DT, HT and zeal, but w/e the zvz and pvp are really rock paper scizzors so...)

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
No guarantees whatsoever:

uAvmT.jpg

u0T5R.jpg

qZR1c.jpg

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
It works on 100% only on zerglings, 50% on marines. Anything from marauder, roach and beyond gets 25% (not 100% sure for DT, HT and zeal, but w/e the zvz and pvp are really rock paper scizzors so...)

so in TvP its always 50% splash? :p

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
sometimes less. Overall I'd suggest going for Collosus in pvt.

If those are the end game new units... holly shit, SCII will be indescribably epic.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
ahmmmmg im at work and the image and links are blocked... someone upload a pic!!!

@ BC
of course collosi are teh shit pvt... but i was making a pass at terran players :p

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Terran:
attachment.php

Protoss:
attachment.php

Zerg:
attachment.php

Attachments

• protoss.jpg
    protoss.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 446
  • terran.jpg
    terran.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 420
  • zerg.jpg
    zerg.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 442

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Celerisk did upload them all (ty sir)

"Will be"? It already is.

Actually all my pairs as a protoss player are coming true if this is real- some way to harass(without over investing), an end game unit that actually works (sorry momma, but you are too pathetic for your cost and tech) and some way to parry terran and protoss all ins better (I have no problem with zerg since my build is exclusively cheese free due to the high amount of 6 pools) So then I will have no reason not to try to be GM :D

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
The things you see on BlizzCon...

This is either the cutest Baneling ever, or just... well, I'll leave that up to you:
jDfc.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.