Mythic Aeons ORPG

M

Mythic Fr0st

Mythic Aeons
Download map at the bottom of the "page"

Click here [goto="dl"]Download[/goto]

I' quit this a while ago, and decided to come back to it, so I need opinions on map play / etc.. constructive critism is better:)

Intro to game: working on it
The story im also working on but below are some detail's

Stat system
Unlike most RPG games, they have a usual "EXP" per monster kill, and a "certain" amount of xp to level
In my ORPG, every attack you make on a monster, you have a 11% chance to gain a stat, which of course, you can change by typing "-strength", "-magic", or "-attack", when your total stats reach a certain amount multipled by your level, you gain a new level.

Heroes
6 races: Dragon, Elf, Dwarf, Mystic, Orc, and Human
For each race, there will be 3 heroes, except for mystic which will have 2 extra (5).

Reincarnation
At levels 150, 400, 700, and 1100, you can reincarnate, to a greater hero...
that hero will have improved abilities, and cooldown etc..
You will reset back to level 1, with no original stats on your new hero,
I may or may not make this cost money later on,
There will be 3 heroes for each section (150,400,700,1100).

Time Travel
At level 1200, you can "time travel" (lol) back in time, and acquire an ultra rare hero, and you will also receive a random rare item that is unobtainable any other way, There will be 3 heroes to pick from once you time travel.

Banks
Able to deposit items from anyway on the map, (up to 18), you can also deposit an unlimited amount of gold / essence,
You also gain interest every couple of minutes
AND you can simply type -bank to instantly visit your banking area,
and walking on a simple "Circle Of Power" will return you to your last location

Item Systems / Info
//Item Stat requirement system
Every item, has a required amount of certain stats,
an example would be "Iron Sword" requires 7 strength, 4 Attack, and no magic

//Items in the game
We will have these types of items
  • Leg Plates
  • Rings
  • Potions
  • Breast Plates
  • Weapons
  • Spells
  • Helms
  • Shields
  • Miscellaneous items, such as "Ankha of reincarnation etc.."

//Players own items
You also own your items, so you can't lose them if you drop them
However, you can give them away to other players (which transfers ownership) (Explained later in Commands)

//Race required item system
Maybe a bit to much, but certain items, require a specific race to use them...
Very basic... but I like it

Other Skills
Well, I am making "prayer" levels and "digging" levels, so whenever you want to dig, you go to a mining area, and you can dig away for special items / money, etc...

Prayer Choices: (Alignment chosen at beginning, evil / good)
Evil, you randomly can be aided by demons etc... in the game (monsters, or giving a temporary increase of speed / damage)
Good, you will also be randomly aided by angels, but can receive + stats or gold sometimes, when fighting monsters...

Commands
I have about 50 commands in this game (all listed in required quests)
a few examples would be

-duel # (asks for a duel between you and player #)
-giveitem # (opens a dialog for you to give items to player #)
-depositgold #/ -withdrawgold # (for bank)
-depositess #/ -withdrawess # (for bank)
-id # (item deposit (drop item in slot # into your treasury))

Story
Currently working on it, bet you didnt except only 10 words

Other
//Backpack
You have a backpack, which follows you around constantly.
(Holds 6 items)

Final Area
//Boss

There will be a boss, at the end based from the total stats of all players, with 250 defense, and alot of HP, he will also have many AoE abilities (very difficult)

//Ultimate units
Same thing as boss, but weaker, for those who are incredibly strong.

Bosses
Bosses will be a hack/slash + AoE spells and (hopefully) unique idea's for killing them

Please give feed back and comments, constructive critism is best, but whatever :)

Any bugs, / improvements, that can be made, please tell me

Im also tossing up what to do about the fact, when you buy an item (and noobs will -.-) and you can't wield it, cause of stat or race requirements
you can't resell it until you have the correct stats (or not at all for race)
however I can't exactly move it to your bank, as noobs will snatch rare items off big players etc...

and it will lead to arguments, so any opinions on this, i'll appreciate it

For anyone who tests my map, blink is suppost to be there for testing area's
- thanks
Current Completion
Terrain |||||||||| (!()()%)
Units ||||||||||
Heroes|||||||||
Doodads|||||||||
Features Integrated|||||||||||

Yes, this was Mythical Fr0st ORPG... This name is better lol...

Im determined to finish this...
[anchor]dl[/anchor]
I need a few people to help,

I am going to be terraining, triggering, implementing new idea's, some making heroes/units/abilities

if anyone is interested in helping me make this "awesome" map pm me

Click this link to download Mythic Aeons ORPG
Mythic Aeons ORPG Updated (Not Corrupted)
Please report bugs to me asap,

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Great shit myth.

Really nice,, i could give you some hero, item and abilities, just contact me at MSN...:)

BTW: Why must the "someone" have many post :) many posts does not imply that they are great mapmakers, it could just say that they have Obsessive Compulsive Dissorder. :p

M

Mythic Fr0st

lol

Obsessive Compulsive Dissorder

I do... lol,

Woah dude, you must have a lot of spare time

I do... lol.

More posts usually has a greater chance of "knowledge" but not always, (I never said i'd accept everyone:p)

Linkoln

Reaction score
hey man... seriusly... cmon... :(

A: Posting items or quests really arnt nesessary, i doubt anyone reads them couse they are usualy generic.

B: You better lvl extremely fast if theres gonna be over 1000 lvls

C: Did you call it Aeons couse thats how long it will take to finish?

D: Why are bosses always slash and kill? seriusly.. its lame.. lamesauce.

E: Why would a bank for gold be nesessary?

F: The only truly unique features i see are the that "stats" thingy.

Something to think about.

A

ApocRhino

I really like it and i think it will be awsome and hopefully u can let me test when done...RPG's are so fun.If you need any ideas just tell me, im good with that stuff. GL btw!

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
lol

Geesh negative input Linkoln, :eek:

A: Posting items or quests really arnt nesessary, i doubt anyone reads them couse they are usualy generic.
Yeah but some people find it fun to share info, and some find it fun to read about it. You dont have to care about if you dont want to.

And about the level system, thats as unigue as the stat system imo, but you perhaps may have played lots of maps where you can reach lvl 1200?

BUT i have to agree on the point that i hate hack n slash bosses, they are the peak of boredom!:banghead:

Linkoln

Reaction score
I didnt mean to be negetive... well i did a li'l, but still, the names of quests and items cant be too fun to share, and i doubt they could help. I can make up the titles of quests with no plot or specifications if ya want.

and increasing a lvl cap may be unique in the sence that no one els has them.. but i think theres a reason for that... couse its rediculas.

People like me, although negetive, are nesessary in that we make sure no one with actual skill in creating WC3 maps waste their time on a map that they might have to revamp becouse of a couple features that didnt work out.

In summery, Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

For some really unique ideas,
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48472
Feel free to use anything i post, no restrictions on my products... unless ur willing to pay
If u got any ideas or would like to help out with my project just post away.

Cya on the other side :cool: -Linkoln

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
I like you to :)

Ive read many of your posts and you have great ideas, and seemingly, you have skills as well ;) But i think it would be fun to test out atleast such a speciall levet/stat system. Its to bad if it doesn work out.

Linkoln

Reaction score
im not completely sure if i read it correctly, but did it mean that you have 11% chance to gain a lvl?

And although i have good ideas, my Triggering are worth &$@%. Thats why im worried my game wont finish

M

Mythic Fr0st

No, not 11% chance for a level

You see

You type -strength, then every attack after that, has an 11% chance to gain a str level,

-attack, same thing but for attack, and same for -magic,

Each time you attack/gain a stat, it checks if your "total" stats, is equal to your level * 28

The level/stat system, WORKS fine, it's incredibly fun, some buddies (and other people) in the original tests, played for 7 hours straight, (We got to lvl 8)

this RPG is designed for "long" playing, I am thinking of having 3 heroes, per "race" and 5 for the "mythic" race, and you can reincarnate at lvls 150, 400, 800, 1200, each having 3 additional heroes to choose from... you keep no stats / items from reincarnating, but you get heroes with BETTER abilities...

in my game, you also gain gold based off your level, and the monsters level

for each attack you do, if your level is greater than the unit your attacking * 3, then you gain less gold, otherwise you gain normal gold...

and the normal rate is your lvl * 2-3

less, is your lvl / 4 (maybe 8 later on)

what is "slack / hack" bosses?

you mean with no spells? (Dont worry they will O_O)

- UPDATES

terrain at 100%!

Just minor "editing" here and there to make it look better

Linkoln

Reaction score
sup wigga,

So if it took 7hours for 7 lvls, then by transitive property, hell will freeze faster then the time it will take for this game to end.

its "Slash/Hack", which is the common form of fighting in games like diablo, where you attack in a slash graphic, and then a sort of hacking graphic, but since that is neither here nor' there, i will get to the point, your bosses are boring, they take only time, and no skill. Defiance has bosses like that. do you want to be like Defiance? Create Unique bosses that will take some strategy to kill.(seriusly how do you not know what hack and slash mean... seriusly...)

Here are some of my unique bosses, They are general so they can fit into any storyline really.
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48854

so having 11% chance to get even 1 stat, multyply that by the thousand hours that you will have to put in to get to the highest lvl, then multyply that by the couple hundred attacks that you will do an hour... And there you go... you have a number partially infused with infinity that repersents your damage.:D

Sounds like you want this game to be a longer, less graphiced, less popular, less story oriented, version of World of Warcraft.

Now i like warcraft, but really the gameplay is all about the time you play and how high you roll a die. Now thats a very bad system to work on, but what blizzard magicly did, i dont know how, but they implimented a sort of "Victory" feeling into it, and makes people who do stuff on teh game feel like they have accomplished something. Ask anyone who plays and they will say with pride who they are and what they've done.

Now the point of the last paragraph is that "Does your game have the victory feeling..." Otherwise i dont see the woop of playing this game.

I know you prolly wont care about my opinion, neither would i if i were in your position, so GL man, and try to take what i've said and use it somehow.

Cya on the other side :cool: ~Linkoln

M

Mythic Fr0st

lol

Dont worry, my bosses will be a bugger to kill, I think black road, had very interested bosses (some)

and the final stage, will have units who are like that aswell

(I've nerfed the game since then) 2-4 hours (havent tested) will get you about 10 levels

(1k or so total stats)

Slash n hack

my maps put on 100kbs of pure terrain and doodads lol

(13,000 total doodads)

M

Mythic Fr0st

Update

UPDATE

added some new features, fixed bugs, balances etc...

and added the map, at the bottom of the "first" page...

!!! WOOOO

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll test it.You have my MSN, so just talk to me if you have a better version and I'll tell you any bugs ^^

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok found a lot of bugs and i played it for 25 minutes.

also. in the contests there was a contest for the best boss. i entered but i didn't finish because i was busy. but there were really awesome boss ideas there. for example. there is a boss in the middle, and there are 4 pillars powering him. he spawns monsters and casts AoE spells etc and you have to try to destroy the pillars that power him. after they die, he becomes slightly smaller but is still strong. thats when you slash and hack him.

the bugs:
  • Training Facility Rings have no Icons disabled
  • Training facility armoury has no icons disabled
  • Spellbok Hotkey Doesn't work
  • dunno if this is a bug: you can walk through many trees, skipping areas.
  • i teleport to the fountain for no reason at times.
  • using crystal golem, the spell book ability doesn't do damage to myself
  • if you buy things you can't equip, you cannot sell them until you can equip them.
  • Blink has no Tooltip.
  • takes AGES to gain abilities and stuff. you could make higher attack speed. (not a bug ^^)
  • the blink ability has an infinite range. is this how it was meant to be?

EDIT: Sorry for Double post.

M

Mythic Fr0st

Bugs fixed, explaination to certain things added

Blink ~ yes its suppost to be like that

Trees ~ aww bugger, gotta fill some gaps :p map update soon enough

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
no problem. ill keep checkin a bit every day. also that level up system really needs a fix. because it'll take about an hour before you can take on thaty powerful wolf just outside the training area xD

M

Mythic Fr0st

Wolf was a bug... it wasn't suppost to spawn

it has been fixed now

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.