Mythical Beasts?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Right now I'm going through the process of creating a story about a new mythical beast. Well, it's not really out of the blue, it's based on the idea of the dragon god in the middle east (I believe).
Anyways, does anyone want to see any mythical beasts or creatures in Project Matthew? I need ideas. :p
Right now I have a gnome, a pixie, and a treant as main characters. Right now I may need a librarian that isn't human. I'm thinking elf, but that wouldn't be very original. What are your thoughts?

J

jimothy

the enemy's army

the bad guy could have a swarm of mosquitos with drilling mouthparts.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Illithid (Mind Flare)

They speak telepathically and can break down people brains and free will turning them to slaves. They can block of parts of your mind so you can't access them.

I like that, but now I have to think of a way to over come that beast for my set of characters... :/
Thanks for the suggestion. I'd like some more if anyone else have any. ^_^

@Jimothy
That is rather difficult to make sense, because the mosquitoes would most likely come from the rain forests (or a region that would represent that place). Maybe I could make a traveler character be a villain, or something... But I've already made a solid plot with characters... :/

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
A lizard man who is a mage? o_O
Alright, I was afraid to ask, but I'm going to do it anyways... Why?

J

jimothy

good point

the villain could have made them artificially, or have them made.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
A humanoid thing made of 99% water. Why I'd do that is the implications and possibilities are endless. ;)

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Eh, it doesn't fit the theme much, but I already gave you +rep recently. =P

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
A lizard mage who reads books? :p I dunno, it just doesn't fit the character at all. Pineapple's character suits him fine, but there is something missing... Eh, I may include something later.

Halahan

Reaction score
That is rather childish from my standpoint, a lizard mage? from what you're going for I think something just odd... like a doe could be the librarian.idk, I'm just brainstormin to help you.

hortononon

"I give em the hip then I take it away"-Jim Thorpe
Reaction score
i got it! an owl.. they relate to libraries.. or maybe an owl-man idk i think you have enuff ideas to come up with somethin gl with it

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
The bible in the last chapter describes some cool beasts. I dunno if you wanted a picture of a beast or not, but theres some good descriptions of beasts in there.:rolleyes:

idk_a_name

ABC GUM :D
Reaction score
I found 3 Mythical Creatures you might be able to use.

Minotaur "Man with the head of a bull. It is said that King Minos kept the creature in a large labyrinth. They would send captured enemies into the labyrinth for food for the Minotaur."

Minotaur.jpg

Another is a Satyrs "A man with the legs and tail of a goat. Stemming from Greek legends they are said to like music which they would play from their pipes as they danced in the woodland glens. They are also thought to be quite promiscuous and lustful."

biblemonstersSatyr.jpg

And the last one that is a Leviathan "According to legend, the Leviathan was a fire-breathing creature of such immense size that the sea boils when it swims on the surface. It ruthlessly and fearlessly rules over all the creatures of the sea."

levi.jpg

Hope this helped

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I'll keep those beasts in mind, idk. Right now I don't require another beast that our hero will encounter, but I may need one for a few more chapters after the place I'm working on. Thanks for the help guys.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Although there are a few things already coming to mind, I couldn't possibly give you exactly what you're looking for with so little information. Althougha unique, non-human librarian narrows it down, there are still so many combinations of creatures and magic, religions and alignments and countless other things about this librarian hat we need to know. I say this only because an Illithid is possibly one of the most despicable creatures alive, loathing other creatures with an unnatural abhorance. Because of this, it would probably be a poor choice to make it your librarian, unless the rest of your characters are inherently evil.

Now, if your characters area little more prone to sinning than others, I would suggest using a lich as your librarian. Lichs are mages that used magic to extend their own lives past their limits, storing their souls via magic in an object called a phylactery. They must already have been extremely powerful, and they devote their entire Undeath to improving their magical prowess, which implies that it must be the keeper of many books of magic, if not just plain books.

I think it would be a good librarian because it could use magic to conjure a limitless number of books, or even open a door through midair to its library or what have you, as well as several other things. Because its soul resides within a phylactery, its body can be destroyed but will regenerate after a short period of time (however long works best for you) unless its phylactery is destroyed. This could make things very interesting: the heroes could find the phylactery and use it to blackmail the Lich into helping them, or perhaps they could have useful information pertaining to the location of a powerful book of magic that the Lich requires their aid to acquire.

The best part about the Lich is its inherent neutrality; they've extended their lives because they didn't have enough time to learn all that they desired to learn, so their Undeath curses them with an insatiable appetite for knowledge. As such, you could potentially have Lich that actually improves the world, helping those around him instead of destroying them for being in his way, or you could make him evil, killing everyone that distracts him even the tiniest bit. Or, for best results, make it an ever-evolving characters; since it is so neutral, it may help the heroes at times, and then go and aid the villains just afterwards. This could provide easy ideas for one twist after another involving the Lich.

If you don't like that idea, then I'll think of a better one and try to post it on here before too much longer.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
The Lich fit the deal, and I think you just cured my writer's block. >D

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
If this is taking place in the middle east, and its taking place in older times, then you should have a side you want to be "good". If this middle eastern dragon is evil, then the "good guys" should probably include greek mithological charactors. The whole Greek vs Persian thing works well.

Halahan

Reaction score
+ rep yet again kev.
that is a good idea, I tend to think less along the line of pixies or and orcs and elves and dwarves and dragons. its been used so much... anyways but thats as good idea as any. gj

edit> darn, gave it to you already. find someone else first...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.