Mythos, On The Rise?

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a game.

Yeah it's online.

Yeah, it looks cool.

How cool you ask?

Titan quest hunting , SSBM crushing, COD4 owning, Guild Wars killing, cool.

In short, this game appears to be all that could be awsome in a game wraped up in a taco with bonus ownage on the side.

Not only is Mythos made the creators of the holy grail of RPG's ,D2, but also damn near completely free.

www.mythos.com

OH NIEN! Closed beta testing... :eek:

Yep, it can't all be good, I hope your as dissapointed as me. :p

What do you think?

---------

Well, i'm currently on the hunt to get me some Mythos action via beta.

I know Onivia, sorry if I've misspelled that, is loved by jesus and has thus been granted the holy ability to play the beta.

So, Onivia, am I to postitive?

Or, should I begin my H4X0R quest for a key, kicking all babies that stand in my way? :rolleyes:

P.S. - If any one cna "hook me up" that'd be uber schweet.

Rad

Reaction score
Well I don't play it, but I was in the Beta. Still have an account too.

I'll send you my credentials, obviously changing the password. You can use it all you want. I didn't like the game.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
You'd be my hero. Should I PM you?

EDIT : Worked great, pass changed, DLing client as of now.

+ rep for you, I wish I could do more.

Umm yeah, uber thanks, i'll post what I think in a couple of days.

** I wasnt sure if wanted me not to change or pass or not, that was confusing. So, Ill change it back if you send a PM.

moonrose

Reaction score
anyone else have a beta account they dont want anymore?
plz

pity please. lol

thanks

(then MasterOfABCs and i can play together)

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Mostly due to the awsome-ness of RAD, I will most likly be posting a semi-review of the game. My review will contain perpectives forom not only myself but also other avid gamers whom I know personally. ;)

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
I suppose it's time I share what I've learned.

Is mythos :thdown: or :thup:

How many :D's out of 5 does Mythos deserve?

Mythos looks like a grade A project from the screenshots and videos. However, the game is not without it's major issues. Safely put, mythos has not only come a long way but also has a long way to go.

The Good?

-This game runs smoothly, plays great, and is very addicting. Running from fields of spiders to a random dungeon and owning a massive I-dont-know-what is a pretty common occurance. However, mythos does an excellent job in preventing this from becoming repedative "grinding" through the use of randomly-generated dungeons and random monster spawns. Though the diffuculty in navigating the dungeons and fighting the baddies is crazy easy, I was not with out at least a couple of times in which I had to ask myself after an unexpected death "What that hell happened?". The bottom line on general game play comes out to this: Mythos, though not what the hardcore WoW players are going to be looking for, is great casual gaming fun.
-As a bonus to the entertaining game-play, Mythos sports a couple classes, races, modes and some nice customization. Though thier are currently only three classes and four races, Flagship Studios has talked much more in the character department before offical release. However, it is the variety of game modes really sets Mythos apart from the other games out there.
-Those of you gamers who are familiar with Diablo II are also fairly educated as to what HARDCORE MODE means. To those gamers around myself, it was the only reason Diablo II ruled. When a character dies, it is deleted. This mode is not only availible on Mythos but is alao one of the most popular modes to play with about 20% of the closed mythos beta playing on the edge. Mythos also introduces two other game modes; Elite and Shadowlands. While Elite mode is simply and increase in game diffuculty, Shadowlands is almost an entirely game in itself. While playing Shadowlands, players are in a constant PvP arena. Thier are NO SAFE ZONES ANYWHERE. This ,however, has created large playing issues and the Shadowlands mode is currently under massive re-development.
-With general gameplay, character creation, and gameplay-modes out of the way all that remains is the good stuff. The classes in mythos are curently limited to your basic three; Mage (Pyromancer), Ranger (Gadgeteer), and Melee (Bloodletter). I played a Bloodletter for the majority of my time in the world of Mythos. The Bloodletter class, as the Gadgeteer and Pyromancer classes do aswell, presents players with three skill trees and roughly fifteen skills in each tree. This all pans out to be a pretty wide of possiblilities. Though my level twenty sum-odd of fifty uses and axe to carve a new face for the monsters, I could have just as easily ran around with "blood minions" in a summoning fashion. Both the Gadgeteer and Pyromancer offer radically styles of play as well. All in all, the class system, though limited at the moment, is in no mays dissapointing.

The Bad?

Mythos has a couple of seriouse issue that the developers are going to have to conqour to make the project a succes. The main three issue that I ran into were pretty large and really affected the game play.

-Socially, Mythos appears to be a ghost town. Case and point: I remember seeing about ten people in the largest town, Tulin's Hope, and wondering what brought such a large amount of people to one place. However, this is by no means due to a shortage players. Each of the three game modes are separated from the others into thier own servers. This creates about nine different servers with an over-killing twelve "mini" servers for each major town. This creates very sprase interaction between characters. While the players are spread thin through this web of servers, modes, and worlds, the out-of-town areas are also instanced. Overall, If the global chat wasn't constantly filled with non-sencical blatherings of twelve-yearolds wondering how to "own hrd" then the game would seem vert single-player-esq.
-Aside from the social issues, the interfaces are pretty bad. Put simply you could rename this game Attack of 1,000,000,000 Different Menus.
-However, the largest un-adressed issue with Mythos by far is the balance issues. Character classes such as the Gadgeteer and deal tens-of-thounds of damage at level fifty while a bloodletter of the same level may, at best, deal one to two thousand.

Overall Mythos gets :D:D:D Out of :D:D:D:D:D

As well as a rather large :thup:

However, as of next week, the Development team should be launching an update that will create and overworld and combine modes in order to create a stronger social experiance for closed beta participants! With the Overworld being said to span an eight minute walk time from end to the other, Mythos has earned itself :D and a great shot as being critically acclaimed as the holy grail of action RPG's, Diablo III.

Mythos' Final Score :

:D:D:D:D out of :D:D:D:D:D

And a lovely :thup:

-Masterofabcs / Bass_Warrior

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.