Navigator looking for DAP

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
If you remember my friend had a problem after installing DAP (download Accelerator Plus). Any folder he opened had the contents completely or partially hidden and he had to close the shield (for lack of a better term) that was hiding his contents. Well we fixed that by uninstalling DAP.

However Navigator 6.0 wants to use/"it links to' DAP whenever he wants to download a file. Seems like Navigator still thinks DAP is installed as a "plug in". How do i correct this. I do not use Navigator myself but I would assume that somewhere in the Registry Navigator is still pointing to DAP, if so what do I replace the Registry link to DAP with (If you understand my meaning).

Or can this be done within Navigator itself, if so how?

S

Swilo

I've no clue about how to use netscape myself but I'd think somewhere in the options menu is a plug-in dialog where you can tell it what to use to open what with, and what's installed or not.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
no clue t'kron
but installing another download manager perhaps does the trick
a right click and select save as should not open up DAP i think

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Or reinstall DAP and manually go into its menu and tell it not to integrate with the browser

(?)

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
I just came back from his house. I found a Plug N Play folder in his Navigator folder, there was a file called xxdap.dll (I do not remember what the xx charaters were) I renamed that file and now Navigator no longer invokes DAP to download files but it does download the files, so problem solved. Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.