need a good gaming mouse....

zeroninja

Reaction score
hey, just got an LX 8 logitech laser mouse, and it's fucking terrible when it comes to playing warcraft/starcraft....
is there a good mouse that's also the same price range($40)? Should I shell out for a logitech gaming mouse? Or just go another brand entirely?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Razer
They have incredible gaming stuff there.
From Keyboards and Mice, to speakers and mousemats!

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Cordless is never the way to go when gaming...

For me, the Logitech Mx 310 has been amazing. Simply 3 top buttons, and two side buttons (one on each side) makes it really simple, but reliable. It's also quite cheap for a mouse. (~$25.00 USD)

Also, the two side buttons work well as "forward" or "backward" in a browser, or in a music player.

I've had it for ~3 years, and everything works exactly the same as when I first bought it. The only difference is that it now has some of the paint worn off.

NEVER had a problem once with it.

Here's my actual mouse, if you want to see the paint. :p

mouse.jpg

Also, I have yet to figure out what the middle button does (the one below the scroll button). It doesn't do anything, and can't be used in programmable keys/buttons, like the two side buttons can.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I had an amazing wireless mouse that had 2 side buttons, sad thing is that it was $8.
Cheapy and the left clicker broke. Wireless isn't so bad, I've had a wireless mouse for 5+ years and it still works great.

Rad

Reaction score
Cordless is never the way to go when gaming...

For me, the Logitech Mx 310 has been amazing. Simply 3 top buttons, and two side buttons (one on each side) makes it really simple, but reliable. It's also quite cheap for a mouse. (~$25.00 USD)

Also, the two side buttons work well as "forward" or "backward" in a browser, or in a music player.

I've had it for ~3 years, and everything works exactly the same as when I first bought it. The only difference is that it now has some of the paint worn off.

NEVER had a problem once with it.

Here's my actual mouse, if you want to see the paint. :p

I used to use the EXACT same mouse. I tried to get a picture, but my webcam is black. I probably broke it when I took my computer to my grandma's for thanksgiving and back. It was a cheap cam anyway lol.

I stopped using it when the connection broke at the front, it would short out and play device disconnected & reconnect sound. Eventually it died. I put it back together with some duct tape and home-made solder (twisting the wires together :) ). My cousin uses it cause his ball mouse died...

Meanwhile, my MX3200 mouse and keyboard are doing excellent. Second year using them, both wireless. There is absolutely no delay, when you say "cordless is not the way to go" you are wrong. You need to use a good wireless mouse before you say that. Plus, there are no wires to get a bad connection like the old one and they don't snag on the side of your desk or things sitting on your desk. Once you go wireless you'll never go back... unless you have to.

If you want an affordable, efficient mouse/keyboard you should get this one. It comes with standard logitech software to remap keys, the only con is the touch-zoom on the left of the keyboard. It makes the text larger on websites -- you can't turn it off though... I never use it, so it's just annoying.

Also, I have yet to figure out what the middle button does (the one below the scroll button). It doesn't do anything, and can't be used in programmable keys/buttons, like the two side buttons can.
It's document flip, it's like alt+tab but retarded.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
when you say "cordless is not the way to go" you are wrong. You need to use a good wireless mouse before you say that. Plus, there are no wires to get a bad connection like the old one and they don't snag on the side of your desk or things sitting on your desk. Once you go wireless you'll never go back... unless you have to.

I've been using a wireless keyboard for about 1-2 years, and I hate it. The only reason I'm using it, is because it has play/pause, stop, and skip track buttons. Other than that, it's unreliable in games, and a pain when I have to move the 'router', or the keyboard.

My mouse on the other hand was cheap, and ALWAYS responds perfectly.

I think it all depends on the price for the mouse/keyboard. My keyboard was a good $30 and it sucks. (Plus it has the EVIL F-Lock button, which makes my F1 - F12 and printscreen buttons not work).

Also, my mouse's cord never get s tangled or anything like that. I don't know why you'd have that problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.